We launched the PTE for upcoming update 0.3 - check out how to get in! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
CapybaraPaul

Seems like we found our hero!

Well it would have been nice to work together to try and find a solution or cause but this is no longer worth being followed, as it's more or less a "who's got the bigger one". 

What a waste 

14 hours ago, maddinii said:

Well it would have been nice to work together to try and find a solution or cause but this is no longer worth being followed, as it's more or less a "who's got the bigger one". 

What a waste 

We found, didn't we? And seems there are no solution yet;(

@Ragir are u guys using smth like physX particles or smth Selfmade? Because if its physX I advice everyone to go to Nvidia Control Panel and set it to CPU if u play on Ryzen 5 or 7 or a i5 5xxxk or higher or i7 5xxxk and or higher. 

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:44 PM, Úlfhéðnar said:

Noone said loading times are better on HDD lol but when playing u literally see no big difference stuttering and lags are more likely caused by GPU load or CPU load and in case of the game the particles seem to drain a lot of CPU power and since multi core usage isn't the best this is most likely causing stuttering.

Perhaps a slight language barrier, but I had thought you were agreeing with me, now it seems you don't quite understand WHERE an SSD has it's performance.

An SSD can find and read 1000 files, before a HDD can even move it's head to find that data (seek time). Most SSD are capable of 80,000 independent operation per second (IOPS). Nobody games in a vacuum and you still have to maintain all the HD calls in the background, etc..

But, Your comment above of "on HDD lol...  but when playing u literally see no big difference stuttering and lags"  <--- is false..!

Games constantly call on new textures, etc. Many developer's can mitigate against constantly calls, by pre-loading them into the GPU's memory, while other Developer's may choose to stream the textures/meshes, etc, as they come into LOS of the player. 

FWIW:

The OP was complaining about graphics stutter, because he thought the Developers had reduces the "particle effects" of gun flash...  and he DL patch and it wasn't to the OP's liking, because of the nearly "unplayable stuttering" and the OP was angered. In which, I & other suggested OP stop complaining, until he puts WW3 on a SSD.... because most of his complaints may be indeed from his choice of HD.

The OP was unwilling to admit WW3 on a SSD is better during gameplay, than being played off a HD. Which is false! 

@trig0tron reading that I do have to mention that I do not quite agree. The technical data and all that taken by side. I've recently moved the game from the hard drive on to an ssd drive and there was literally no difference in performance or loading time within the game itself. 

So your knowledge might be perfectly right for other games but it does not work for me (it might still work for others and I do think it's worth a test).

What I did notice is that the stuttering got slightly better when I turned off the in game steam overlay. So maybe it's more of a ram problem then a write problem. Unlike most of you pro gamers I always felt like I don't need more than 8 gb and I never did. 

It made only a small difference but still noticeable. Please try disable steam overlay and then report back here. We might be on a track there. 

8 hours ago, trig0tron said:

FWIW:

The OP was complaining about graphics stutter, because he thought the Developers had reduces the "particle effects" of gun flash...  and he DL patch and it wasn't to the OP's liking, because of the nearly "unplayable stuttering" and the OP was angered. In which, I & other suggested OP stop complaining, until he puts WW3 on a SSD.... because most of his complaints may be indeed from his choice of HD.

The OP was unwilling to admit WW3 on a SSD is better during gameplay, than being played off a HD. Which is false! 

I've mentioned quite a few times that I had 0 problems with any other game on my HD.
And I've seen a guy who is plating from m.2 SSD with the same problems.

And in case if this game doesn't want to work AT LEAST "playable" from HDD I won't play it. 

Reason one: I have SSD but it is reserved for important files and ANY game won't be installed there ever because of that.

Reason two: I won't buy an expensive new SSD disk just for playing one particular game. Or at least I won't buy it for now.

Actually, a few last games were ok. After 10 minutes lags at the first game (seems like game downloads half of the map, after you are already in-game). I believe its one for faster loadings, but destroy experience a lot. So after this games were pretty ok and even fun. And I've updated Nvidia drivers for the latest version today. Will see how it works.

7 minutes ago, Úlfhéðnar said:

@CapybaraPaul any lags when firing or when in CQC with other players?

Seems like it gets fine after 2 or 3 maps played. But yeah, suffering for 3 maps to be able to play normally ain't good at all.
At least now I know it's not on the PC side, because game CAN run smoothly on this pec and from HDD, but it doesn't want to do so from the very launch.

Edited by CapybaraPaul

Wasn't aware of this topic before, just wanted to chime in with what I've experienced: I have the same stuttering issue to a lesser degree. I had the same feeling it was caused by particles when fireing as it would happen primarily when I fire or was fired at.

I did move the game to my SSD which reduced it significantly but I still feel it exists and in any major firefight it resurfaces to a minor extent.

Update from me too. I have significantly solved the issue by simply not running any quality on Ultra. Which is a shame considering my 1080ti and the fact I like to make videos so they don't look as good as they might.

On 11/30/2018 at 8:39 PM, Úlfhéðnar said:

@Ragir are u guys using smth like physX particles or smth Selfmade? Because if its physX I advice everyone to go to Nvidia Control Panel and set it to CPU if u play on Ryzen 5 or 7 or a i5 5xxxk or higher or i7 5xxxk and or higher. 

Yeah, don't set particles to CPU, CPU is already heavily utilized by the game, it will not help :P

Those stutters might come from game trying to load and unload particle textures, because it uses a lot of RAM. 0.3 should help on that front ^^

• Thanks 1

I updated (added) more ram today, from 8GB I had since I posted, to 16GB today.  Iam very happy to say I barely have any stutters anymore, and Iam running on ultra on most settings.  Hell I even forgot how to play, as I wasent used to playing like this!  Might tweak a bit as I play more now but so far, so good!

Red

I think the problem most are having is that they do not run game with RTX on! RTX off just looks bad and gives insane fps. But RTX ON and game looks beautiful with more than half FPS gone. XD Tounge in cheeky breeky here.

We didn't change anything, so it must've come from your PC - new Windows update or something else :P

2 hours ago, Ragir said:

We didn't change anything, so it must've come from your PC - new Windows update or something else :P

I know why!
ÐаÑÑинки по запÑоÑÑ voodoo meme

• Like 1