Tassili

After 60 hours of gameplay, is the game dead? NO IT IS NOT

I really believed in this game but not anymore, you will say it's early access... okay I know that but seriously if the devs are gamers do you really do these kind of things in a game? I will explain:

1- I won't talk about the bad sound you already know that

2- Nerved snipers: now they kill you with any sniper rifle on any distance in one shot either you're playing heavy, medium or light (if you're a camper sniper you will love this)

3- High ping servers: in FPS games ping is very important in this game most of the time my ping is 150 and 250, so my guess is they don't have servers in Europe they have in Russia or Poland for my 250 ping my guess is if the russian server is empty or full it automatically takes me to an asian server, I prefer not to play and play with 250 ping

4- Respawn: when you respawn on leader 80% of the time you respawn in a tank or at the base and not on the leader/ another respawn problem: if the enemies are coming to a point and you respawn on it you will get killed why? because you respawn facing a wall or you respawn in the opposite of an enemy coming to take the point (not facing him)!

For the other bugs I'm not going to talk about them

Things that I like in the game:

1- The hardcore gameplay and weapon feeling even most of the players don't follow orders and don't play teamplay

2- Respawn on leader: I didn't like it at first maybe because I play BF a lot but got used to it and kinda like it being able to respawn only on the leader is a unique and good idea

3- Map: the maps in the game are good they are balanced between close range and open space

Edited by Tassili

The game is far from being dead,i never had a problem finiding  a match with at least 13/15 player per team in my 80 hours of gameplay.

The next 2,3 months will be crucial to the life span of WW3(christmas is behind the corner and i guess many new players might get the game) and to understand in what direction it will go.So far the devs did a great job,my congrats to them they deserve it all.

I agree that high ping(i play on EU and it doesn't matter if you have a blazing fast fiber connection like me,the ping is quite high) and in general broken netcode are an issue right now.Way too many times my bullets are passing through the enemy without a single hitmarker,or too many hitmarkers when in reality the server register just few of them that make the gunplay feel very inconsistent some time.

After 60 hours to judge a game that is still in EA!
It is your opinion I accept,But having dived is something else
I saw several games that were finished and had more problems
WW3 has potensiel and gets better and better after each patch

• Thanks 1

Its not "dead" it's just very low populated compared to what it was around launch.

I just looked now and it is at the lowest i have ever seen which is just under 400.

What you need to remember is that they have disabled progression so players including myself are staying away from the game till progression is enabled on the live servers as having no progression makes the game stale and very boring very fast! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheCalo said:

The game is far from being dead,i never had a problem finiding  a match with at least 13/15 player per team in my 80 hours of gameplay.

The next 2,3 months will be crucial to the life span of WW3(christmas is behind the corner and i guess many new players might get the game) and to understand in what direction it will go.So far the devs did a great job,my congrats to them they deserve it all.

I agree that high ping(i play on EU and it doesn't matter if you have a blazing fast fiber connection like me,the ping is quite high) and in general broken netcode are an issue right now.Way too many times my bullets are passing through the enemy without a single hitmarker,or too many hitmarkers when in reality the server register just few of them that make the gunplay feel very inconsistent some time.

Yes, you find a match but look at the ping? did you read my text? I didn't say anything about finding matches and it's often one team dominating the other so you have to fight to take one point back or wait the enemy at their respawn

Broken netcode I don't really know because my ping is always over 100 (on BF my ping is 60)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VBK-Anarchie said:

After 60 hours to judge a game that is still in EA!
It is your opinion I accept,But having dived is something else
I saw several games that were finished and had more problems
WW3 has potensiel and gets better and better after each patch

WW3 don't just have potential it has a huge potential especially that BF5 is a bad game it's their chance or never

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuro said:

Its not "dead" it's just very low populated compared to what it was around launch.

I just looked now and it is at the lowest i have ever seen which is just under 400.

What you need to remember is that they have disabled progression so players including myself are staying away from the game till progression is enabled on the live servers as having no progression makes the game stale and very boring very fast! 

I still progress and I can see that after each game (earning money, points and gold)

3 hours ago, Tassili said:

3- High ping servers: in FPS games ping is very important in this game most of the time my ping is 150 and 250, so my guess is they don't have servers in Europe they have in Russia or Poland for my 250 ping my guess is if the russian server is empty or full it automatically takes me to an asian server, I prefer not to play and play with 250 ping

We've got servers in London, Frankfurt and Moscow, full server location list is as follows (order as on the provider service list):

• Los Angeles,
  • Washington D.C.,
  • Taipei,
  • Sydney,
  • London,
  • Frankfurt,
  • Moscow,
  • Sao Paolo,
  • Tokyo,
  • Johannesburg,

We're providing dedicated machines on each continent, unlike many other games that limit them to only certain regions.

3 hours ago, Tassili said:

2- Nerved snipers: now they kill you with any sniper rifle on any distance in one shot either you're playing heavy, medium or light (if you're a camper sniper you will love this)

As we've said, we will be balancing constantly, this is why we went with early access - you can't balance a game without players, that's why we couldn't release fully in a year.

4 hours ago, Tassili said:

4- Respawn: when you respawn on leader 80% of the time you respawn in a tank or at the base and not on the leader/ another respawn problem: if the enemies are coming to a point and you respawn on it you will get killed why? because you respawn facing a wall or you respawn in the opposite of an enemy coming to take the point (not facing him)!

We've added spawning on leader due to people wanting it, and it will naturally have bugs, like everything new we add, this is why on Steam there's a banner saying you shouldn't buy the game if you're not interested in developing it with us, let me remind you:

image.png

We are testing new spawn system on PTE (TDM only for now) and it will get better.

Sorry to hear you're not happy with our game, but we never said it was finished and polished, it's going to change dramatically in the next year or so and it will get better each month - but expect some new bugs and problems along the way.

• Thanks 1

Maybe I was frustrated when I wrote the topic after joining 4 servers and my ping was 250 each time!, I know the devs are working hard and hope the next patch will improve the game more

I have a friend who bought the game after that I told her about it, we had a hard time to play in the same server invite didn't work... after about 45 minutes we were able to play together, she played about 1 to 2 hours and she didn't play the game again, my point is if players leave the game it will be hard to bring them back especially WW3 is not a famous game, I really hope WW3 will become a big title like Battlefield even from a small studio like The Farm 51 like what happened with Fortnite

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ragir said:

We've got servers in London, Frankfurt and Moscow, full server location list is as follows (order as on the provider service list):

• Los Angeles,
  • Washington D.C.,
  • Taipei,
  • Sydney,
  • London,
  • Frankfurt,
  • Moscow,
  • Sao Paolo,
  • Tokyo,
  • Johannesburg,

We're providing dedicated machines on each continent, unlike many other games that limit them to only certain regions.

As we've said, we will be balancing constantly, this is why we went with early access - you can't balance a game without players, that's why we couldn't release fully in a year.

We've added spawning on leader due to people wanting it, and it will naturally have bugs, like everything new we add, this is why on Steam there's a banner saying you shouldn't buy the game if you're not interested in developing it with us, let me remind you:

image.png

We are testing new spawn system on PTE (TDM only for now) and it will get better.

Sorry to hear you're not happy with our game, but we never said it was finished and polished, it's going to change dramatically in the next year or so and it will get better each month - but expect some new bugs and problems along the way.

Thanks for your answer

About the sniper it wasn't like this before it became like this (one shot kill) after the last patch hope it will be fixed in the upcoming patches

For the spawning on leader it's a good idea as I said, and now there's a new bug when you try to spawn on him you spawn in a tank or in the base it happens really often

19 minutes ago, Tassili said:

from a small studio like The Farm 51 like what happened with Fortnite

Epic Games isn't what we can call a small studio but it could be great if WW3 reach a quarter of the popularity of Fortnite ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nuro said:

The  same for me,not playing again until november update 0.2 drop on live server,plus after each game my stats reset as well,time played,streaks,kills ecc..With progression enabled the game will sure be better then now 

I am with the OP , i love this game and yeah its early access blah blah blah but 433 players 30 mins ago  , unless you get to work on marketing im sorry but its dead. Not many EA games come back these days. 

5 hours ago, Tassili said:

I really believed in this game but not anymore, you will say it's early access... okay I know that but seriously if the devs are gamers do you really do these kind of things in a game? I will explain:

After 60 hours of gameplay, is the game dead?

Yeah ok, goodbye. Oh wait, your still here talking about it ? Wtf ?

37 minutes ago, Harshilizer said:

I am with the OP , i love this game and yeah its early access blah blah blah but 433 players 30 mins ago  , unless you get to work on marketing im sorry but its dead. Not many EA games come back these days. 

Lets spread the news ! I guess if everyone is talking about the game "being dead", it helps right ? Go see how many other "omfg dead game i go play fortnite again" topics are already out there, go browse through steam community posts, facebook whatever, it really helps this shit your doing, you deserve the biggest thank you from the devs.

42 minutes ago, Harshilizer said:

Well, people crying it's dead ain't helping. I'm not worried yet, it's completely normal and we've got a lot of good stuff coming and due to the support we've gotten from our players we can grow and hire more people and make it faster and of higher quality. 

WW3 is a great game at it's core, it just needs fixing and more content - and all of this is coming. People were saying the same things about Rainbow Six: Siege, The Division and For Honor, but those games were fixed and improved and now have their renaissance.

So have patience, we're not going to abandon our work, there's no publisher to force us to do so, it's the game we've always wanted to make and while it does have problems, those will be resolved.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tweak said:

Yeah ok, goodbye. Oh wait, your still here talking about it ? Wtf ?

Lets spread the news ! I guess if everyone is talking about the game "being dead", it helps right ? Go see how many other "omfg dead game i go play fortnite again" topics are already out there, go browse through steam community posts, facebook whatever, it really helps this shit your doing, you deserve the biggest thank you from the devs.

There's no need to be rude and disrespectful, I was saying my opinion not to you obviously but to people who care about the game, because if I don't care I don't say anything I just stop playing it like I stopped playing The Division after a few weeks of release

On 11/20/2018 at 2:23 PM, Tassili said:

I still progress and I can see that after each game (earning money, points and gold)

I don't think you understand what i am talking about.

Out of ea games out there I've probably played ww3 more than most as it is that playable. Even done more hours than assetto corsa Competizione and I'm a sim fan more than fps!

think ww3 optimisation for ue4 much better and sandstorm come to think of it. 

Edited by lokidan