Sign in to follow this  
TZoningHard

Matches are too fast

BE me, get put into medium match with a 40 minute time limit. Match was a good back and forth with fun fights for both sides. Tickets go by very quickly so the match ends about 34 minutes in. Get blueballed, but its not that bad I say to my self.

Be me next game get put into a large map, ok this is nice. Have 4 objectives instead of 3 so tickets accumulate faster and the large match ends faster then a medium match. wtf large match shorter then a smaller one, waste of time.

I enjoy the 45 minute match with a lower point accumulation so the strikes meant something. Now I just sit on top of strikes and dont even bother using them as the situations that they would be effective are less present in the shorter matches. The 45 minute matches had so much intense moments at the end when both sides accumulated points for tanks and strikes. Now its like what ever a tank OK, Ill just throw one of these hellfires at it or one of these arty strikes I have always on hand.

At least make the tick rate slower so I'm not wasting my time on a 30-35 minute game. lower it to where match doesn't end from points. matches should only be ended by tickets in case of a mercy to a team that has no hope of having a fun fight. You can be losing a match and still have fun fighting with fair back and forth engagements but their is a difference when one team owns all the points for a long period of time for most of the match which is almost certainly crushing the other team in all fights and owning most of the points most of the match while it still being enjoyable for both sides.

BP points accumulate too much as well. I'm not even a squad leader but I can call in multiple Hellfires in a round. They should be lowered or strikes made more expensive. Its just loses its omp when you just throw strikes around with out a care at like 2 people on the map because you might as well just burn them. Its pretty mundane and getting boring. I dont have to make a choice when to use a strike in case something else happens later or to wait for a more efficient use of the strike.

Edited by TZoningHard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

BE me, get put into medium match with a 40 minute time limit. Match was a good back and forth with fun fights for both sides. Tickets go by very quickly so the match ends about 34 minutes in. Get blueballed, but its not that bad I say to my self.

Be me next game get put into a large map, ok this is nice. Have 4 objectives instead of 3 so tickets accumulate faster and the large match ends faster then a medium match. wtf large match shorter then a smaller one, waste of time.

I enjoy the 45 minute match with a lower point accumulation so the strikes meant something. Now I just sit on top of strikes and dont even bother using them as the situations that they would be effective are less present in the shorter matches. The 45 minute matches had so much intense moments at the end when both sides accumulated points for tanks and strikes. Now its like what ever a tank OK, Ill just throw one of these hellfires at it or one of these arty strikes I have always on hand.

At least make the tick rate slower so I'm not wasting my time on a 30-35 minute game. lower it to where match doesn't end from points. matches should only be ended by tickets in case of a mercy to a team that has no hope of having a fun fight. You can be losing a match and still have fun fighting with fair back and forth engagements but their is a difference when one team owns all the points for a long period of time for most of the match which is almost certainly crushing the other team in all fights and owning most of the points most of the match while it still being enjoyable for both sides.

BP points accumulate too much as well. I'm not even a squad leader but I can call in multiple Hellfires in a round. They should be lowered or strikes made more expensive. Its just loses its omp when you just throw strikes around with out a care at like 2 people on the map because you might as well just burn them. Its pretty mundane and getting boring. I dont have to make a choice when to use a strike in case something else happens later or to wait for a more efficient use of the strike.

good Morning
The problem is not playing time,rather empty running servers.
4000 tickets or 40 min game time is actually ok (which is reached first)
A server start timer would solve all this, in the game mod TDM it already exists
I think that will soon be integrated into the other game mod. So the server only run if 2 per team side on server is

Server Start Timer also solves Base Attack problem
as well as Flagrun or points farms etc

greetings to all

• Like 2

I would like longer "balanced" rounds too. While its ok if the Teams are unbalanced, i would change the way points are generated.
Right now it only matters how many connected Points you have. If both teams are balanced and get their points, the round is over after 30 Minutes. 
Those Rounds are normaly the "fun rounds".

If one Team gets no Points and can only spawn in their Mainbase while getting spawncamped the round still takes 20-25 or maybe even 30 Minutes.

To make the fun rounds last longer and the spawncamped rounds end quicker i would change the Time up to 45 Minutes again while i would change the way the points are generated.
For example: 

There are 3 Checkpoints where you need to hold both points.
If you got one of them everything stays the same like now.
If you got two of them you get the points for both of them AND theyll get multiplicated with 1.5 (random number, need to be balanced)
If you got three of them and your enemy has no chance at all, the Points are multiplicated with 3 (random number, need to be balanced) 

In this case the Good Rounds should last longer, the "bad" unbalanced rounds should end much quicker.. 

(And ofc the Empty Server is generating Points problem needs to be solved too)

14 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

10/10 

Im not a fan of the recent change of ticket rate either.

Edited by Tweak

No one is getting spawn camped any more, the death field prevents enemies for going into your main spawn. If you chose to spawn on a objective and die then that is not spawn camping.

A even matched team in terms of skill regarding the fights doesn't necessarily equate to wining the objective side of the game.Very unbalanced matches are still a issue but in those cases the stacked team would dominate anyway so you need a mercy mechanics. but you can be losing ans still have fun.