Jump to content
We launched the PTE for upcoming update 0.3 - check out how to get in! Read more... ×
raptv

Feedback on latest PTE

Recommended Posts

Been playing a fair few hours of TDM now as for me its completely made me fall in love with the play style, I like war but TDM is fast paced gameplay and literally cannot wait until it goes live 

Few things that I've picked up on the test servers

Optimisation - in every chat box people are going crazy about how much their frame rate has improved and how much smoother the game feels especially in TDM

Ammo - not sure if its just me but ammo is proving to be a slight issue in TDM, lots of people are running round with the first aid kit so you can quickly re-heal yourself I wonder if there could be a similar small ammo pouch that you can throw down and pick up

Melee - the melee range/hit reg is very hit and miss. I feel i need to be on top of the enemy player to actually hit him have saved a few clips of this

Night mode - Looks absolutely amazing on TDM, like seriously good hopefully this is something we will see more on additional maps

Railings on Warsaw -  I imagine this is a complete pain in the arse to get the hit boxes sorted for but there is alot of the areas in the game where you can be shot at through the railings and you shoot back and cant shoot through them. 

Recovery from vaulting -  when jumping from a height i feel the recovery time is very very slow to be able to look around, now i've had mixed feedback in my chat about this some saying its a good thing others saying its not. I feel in TDM the recovery could potential be sped up slight but no issues with it in war

 

Overall the general way the game plays in TDM is nothing short of brilliant, the games generally always tend to be fair and very well balanced, I just look forward to the day when we have VOIP!

 

Hope this is the right place to drop this but its jsut some of my thoughts on the latest patch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, raptv said:

Optimisation - in every chat box people are going crazy about how much their frame rate has improved and how much smoother the game feels especially in TDM

Map is smaller and there's less people on it + no vehicles - of course it's going to run better. One of the reasons we decided to push TDP as first gamemode was to show people how the game could play after all optimizations are done and how the gunplay really feels, since you can't feel it with low framerate and a lot of people have this problem. Matches are also shorter, so you can test new setups and customization quicker - until we make a firing range. 

3 hours ago, raptv said:

Ammo - not sure if its just me but ammo is proving to be a slight issue in TDM, lots of people are running round with the first aid kit so you can quickly re-heal yourself I wonder if there could be a similar small ammo pouch that you can throw down and pick up

Play with a squad and one person has to carry ammo - this is a game about teamplay :P

3 hours ago, raptv said:

Melee - the melee range/hit reg is very hit and miss. I feel i need to be on top of the enemy player to actually hit him have saved a few clips of this

It is, we'll be making it better for sure, it's not going to stay this way.

3 hours ago, raptv said:

Night mode - Looks absolutely amazing on TDM, like seriously good hopefully this is something we will see more on additional maps

We're testing the technology on TDM, that's why its there.

3 hours ago, raptv said:

Railings on Warsaw -  I imagine this is a complete pain in the arse to get the hit boxes sorted for but there is alot of the areas in the game where you can be shot at through the railings and you shoot back and cant shoot through them. 

They will be fixed soon!

3 hours ago, raptv said:

Recovery from vaulting -  when jumping from a height i feel the recovery time is very very slow to be able to look around, now i've had mixed feedback in my chat about this some saying its a good thing others saying its not. I feel in TDM the recovery could potential be sped up slight but no issues with it in war

The lighter your character is, the shorter this recovery is - this is one of the perks of running light. The animation is not where it should be and the mouse gets stolen from the player - it's buggy, we'll be fixing this as well.

 

3 hours ago, raptv said:

I just look forward to the day when we have VOIP!

Also coming!

Thanks for your feedback, we greatly appreciate it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No animation change of sight from the weapon. No animation reloading weapons.
Pecheneg.

Build 3332288

Edited by RUS13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×