scrabsdead

Make Team deathmatch scoreboard ordered by k/d

This is common in TD in every game and it shouldn´t be that way.
If a player has 20k and 30d it will still be higher on the scoreboard than a guy with 10k 2d. Since all that matters in TD is killing the most and dying the less please, don´t use the point amount, but the kd in the td to order the scoreboard.

The player with the most points should be first, so how it is in the moment. Make kills, hit enemies-get assist points etc., heal/support your mates and you get points. Easy. I had the most kills 40-26 and also was first because I had the most points.

Maybe make TAB button and scoreboard more functional/interactive?

In example - scoreboard has three filters; in example:

sort by overall score - by default,
sort by K/D - additional filter,
score by total kills - additional filter,

Player can change it by fast pressing double times TAB button. Everyone has everything what he wan't to know. If no, he can easy change sort order on scoreboard :).

score.PNG

Edited by Ch3mi

First of all I think that TDM is watering down the quality of that game.

That said, I must admit that the KD is the important factor here. I would say that if a guy has X kills but 0 deaths, he should be above everyone else that has no kills but more than 1 deaths. That said. If a guy has no kill, he should be greyed out until he gets a kill and then he can get his placement on the scoreboard above the guy with 100 kills and 90 deaths.

Sometimes when the game is close, I tell my teamates to camp, if they have negative KD. I dunno if that helps, but I win most of the games.

People should see that TDM as a warmup, for example play a round of TDM and then get that conquest large map conquered if you know what I mean.

• Like 2

Why, what if I kill nobody, but wound 25 players considerably..? And get the points for my squad mates mopping up my kills..?

• Like 1

I didn't consider the points you obtain for healing teammates or getting assists. That could be a factor to not use a kd scoreboard system. 
Still, players with a lot of deaths being at the top in a deathmatch it's something that should not happen. But it's true that tdm it's not the important mode in this game...

Team Deathmatch shouldn't be a core mode, what is WW3 about it? Running around in circles, run and gun is very weak for a global conflict game.

Sure its good for wasting 20 minutes, but its such a hollow game mode. At least keep it in context for the whole East vs West and list scoreboard by points, because at the end of the day you are fighting for a faction and points means victory.

• Thanks 1

On 12/14/2018 at 5:54 AM, scrabsdead said:

I didn't consider the points you obtain for healing teammates or getting assists. That could be a factor to not use a kd scoreboard system.
Still, players with a lot of deaths being at the top in a deathmatch it's something that should not happen. But it's true that tdm it's not the important mode in this game...

its fine the way it is, points are rewarded to players that play the objective, whether they have more kills than deaths or less kills more deaths, if they heal, provide ammo, provide cover, provide assistance, capture objectives, they deserve the top of the leaderboard, the game focuses on teamwork, rather than K/D ratios, and TDM is not really the focus of the game.

Edited by Elif
  • Like 1

Game should be about score instead kills to encourage use of teamwork.

People already go full bot mode on tdm and don't help teammates tho. All using first aid kit and running in circles.

ITDM shouldn't give much of a reward in terms of exp or faction points.

It's a pretty shallowand bad game mode that results in low quality gameplay with little to no team work.

Not really helping teammates as is in TDM or doing a lot of in depth game play but are getting a good amount of exp in a short time.

• Like 1

Just now, Morp said:

K, there will be sorting by kills in the future.

Is this a good Idea? Sometimes you might have A good match were you completely own the enemy team and next match your concentration is down the lake. Won't always be the same kills per match. I would rather see something based on average points in combination with points used (strikes called) for assistance. 

1 minute ago, maddinii said:

Is this a good Idea?

TDM is about getting kills, it should reward players who are getting the most kills.

They are rewarded with points and money or not? In the past most updates were also applied to warzone like the mcs, which is a bit concerning. 

On 12/18/2018 at 12:20 PM, Monster Hesh said:

at the end of the day you are fighting for a faction and points means victory.

It's just, that kills make u win TDM not points. It would be misleading if we highlight players with most points but the game mode is about kills.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maddinii said:

In the past most updates were also applied to warzone like the mcs, which is a bit concerning.

Warzone is about teamplay and capturing objectives. And there points are the most important thing. We don't plan to change all game modes to be based on kills.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Morp said:

TDM is about getting kills, it should reward players who are getting the most kills.

I dont like the direction of the game favoring mindless killing, and it wasnt the direction the game was when we were talking all this time in discord before the game launched.

TDM just sucks away from the game and its not a matter of just not playing it. Giving people who just run around killing with out playing with a simbalance of team or objective player is a detriment to the game.

At least TDM should reward team/squad and tactical play more.

And affect the meta game and leveling alot less for not being a objective team based mode.

• Like 2

On 12/20/2018 at 6:40 PM, Morp said:

So some playerA with 100/50 KD would be above playerB that has a 80/20 KD while the playerA is doing half as good as playerB. The thing about TDM is that every death is a point lost. So just sort by kills but make it count +1 for kills and -1 for every death that ocurred by enemy engagement.

So with the above example:

playerA with  100/50 KD --> 50 points

playerB with 80/20 KD  --> 60 points

and playerB would be above playerA while having less kills.

Edited by sightseeer

On 12/13/2018 at 4:54 PM, scrabsdead said:

I disagree.

WW3 and older Battlefield games were about objectives, listening to and keeping a cohesive squad and working together with other squads for an over-all goal. (Personal, squad & team.)

I routinely and purposely have a lower K/D ratio because of my aggressive ways of taking a base. And... once again, my squad mates clean up the mess and we take the objective. As opposed to those who sit & snipe and never influence a flag..? or alter an actual objective of the game/war..?

But I am strictly speaking about War, not Team Deathmatch... in which I do NOT think people should earn Character sheet money for the advancement of their Soldier. Only Warzone maps should advance the player's soldier...

TDM is (should be) a subset of the game, for those who don't have the day's wherewithal to be mentally on-point for a War-style match/session/getaway...etc.

Edited by trig0tron