VBK-Anarchie

Battle-Tank

I think Tanks have become very weak
Long reload times, with a few shots all the optics are destroyed,He ammo damage radius has become smaller
MG is very slow, tube turns are very slow, movement is slow.
6500 battle points for a tank and after a few shots my tank is gone....

It is not a tank anymore, only the name remains as a tank!

Find a pity

Edited by VBK-Anarchie
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, from the beginning I was arguing they should be more common, as things are now, vehicles aren't really worth the call in cost.  (see: 

)  

But yeah, MBTs especially suffer from their cost.  What was previously a 4000-4500BP vehicle that one could expect to be able to call in once every game if you played just decently, is now 6000 BP, and combined with the shorter match time, the only way you're seeing that is if you grab one of the default vehicles at the start of the match and are facing an incompetent enemy team, or on the other hand, you're shredding things all game on foot and in the last 5 minutes or so decide to call one in "just because"  

• Like 1

The thing is that tanks were balanced not so long ago and we are testing their power capabilities and gathering feedback from the players but those are valid points and expect further balance tweaks in upcoming patches.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kony said:

The thing is that tanks were balanced not so long ago and we are testing their power capabilities and gathering feedback from the players but those are valid points and expect further balance tweaks in upcoming patches.

So that's my answer
please play a round with fully equipped tank and tell me what you think about it

after 5 seconds you are in base if ever come to the base

27 minutes ago, Kony said:

A question of curiosity:  If your intent was to test just how powerful tanks were, would it not make more sense to, instead of increasing the BP cost of tanks, lowering it to see there being more?

Or is this more a test to purely see their power vs infantry without a high probability of encountering enemy armor on the field?

• Like 2

I can destroy a tank very easily in less then 10 sec from full heath. As a infantry only player I think they need a buff to keep two tandems from killing them but before that they need more mechanics like having immobilization/detracking being a thing. They should be like a boss battle and be at later part of the matches.

They are still very capable killing machines and can be OP in the right handles but I do not have any real sense of accomplishment from killing them. With the way the matches are getting a tank is easy and does not feel like it was earned but there is no time for those players to use it in the short ass matches we have now.

Having tanks directly attached in the length of the matches as you need time to earn them by playing with the squad and giving back to the infantry side of the game but should also have time to use it and for it to be worth that time you spent giving to make the infantry fights better.

• Like 1

I'd say they (upgraded MBT's) seem a bit expensive BP wise for how easy they are destroyed and how readily available RPG's are.

Also a lot of the time I don't even realize I'm taking damage in a MBT, I mean if I'm in a MBT and I'm getting hit by something that destroys a MBT in a few shots (RPG's) then surely there should be significant audio and or visual cue's to express this. There's been times where I've felt cheated and I've saved a recording of the death and watched it back only to realize I was actually taking damage for like 5 seconds or so without even noticing. Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention, does anyone else notice this?

Regardless of the BP price I've always felt the upgraded MBT's are bit weak in regards to how much damage they can take.

IMO they should either be cheap but easy to destroy (more fun for everyone) or expensive and hard to destroy (more realistic, not so much fun but more immersive) ... not expensive but easy to destroy (not really fun, realistic or immersive).

Edited by VoodooGaming

No youre not alone, i have the same Problem from time to time.
I would increase their firepower a bit (mix between 1.0 and now), give the Front and Sidearmor a little buff and make it more obvious that you have to hit the tank at his back.
That way a tank couldnt cap a flag or camp a single spot without a big weakness in his back while still beeing a very powerful support vehicle combined with Infantry that helps him.

Price - i wouldnt change it *yet* - but i would increase the duration of the rounds a bit ūüėČ

a game has about 10 minutes to play
if I'm lucky join a game that has more time to play
a fully equipped tank needs 6000 battle points
that's more squad game time
I order a tank and after a few shots my tank is destroyed,So what should I do now

• Like 1

On 11/23/2018 at 11:24 PM, VBK-Anarchie said:

a game has about 10 minutes to play
if I'm lucky join a game that has more time to play
a fully equipped tank needs 6000 battle points
that's more squad game time
I order a tank and after a few shots my tank is destroyed,So what should I do now

There was a bug associated with Total Score calculation which significantly sped up for a side when two links between points were established. That was the main reason why matches ended so quickly. 

The vehicles' price was increased only for the stock versions.

Fully equipped  tank may cost 6000 BP but on the other hand the amount of Battle Points you receive after a certain action was increased.

All in all,  I agree that vehicles became less intimidating after the latest patch but the balance will be iterated with each patch.

Edited by Kony
  • Like 1

I'd agree tanks are pretty useless as of late. Really the pathetic damage from HE shells after the recent update is the most noticeable thing plaguing them. It's almost like you need a direct hit on enemies to kill them. 

• Like 1

The shells are fine it makes the engagements balanced for infantry. The issue is with RPGs, adding a 1 sec pause to aim them would greatly help both tanks and infantry on the receiving end.

IRL tank shells dont have a big splash any ways

1 hour ago, Zab said:

I'd agree tanks are pretty useless as of late. Really the pathetic damage from HE shells after the recent update is the most noticeable thing plaguing them. It's almost like you need a direct hit on enemies to kill them. 

It's not pathetic but to kill infantry is more challenging than it was before yet fair. Before HE shells were no-brainers against infantry,  that's why splash damaged was nerfed, now it requires a bit more precision to  land a killing blow. 

3 hours ago, Kony said:

It's not pathetic but to kill infantry is more challenging than it was before yet fair. Before HE shells were no-brainers against infantry,  that's why splash damaged was nerfed, now it requires a bit more precision to  land a killing blow. 

Then what's the point of these shells now? Please return as it was.

• Like 1
  • Angry 2

As an infantry only player I have some reservations on the current tank status. 

Most tanks are fairly easy to kill. 

The exception is the upgraded strike tanks... Good lord they are obnoxious. I understand the point of view where due to how current scoring is and how they have the potential to be taken out easily that they can seem underpowered, however I don't think they are that at all. A tank driver who plays smart and has infantry support is a nightmare to deal with, and since the general population seems to be extremely passive when a tank is around I end up having to try to take them out all by myself. Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's almost impossible (especially on matches that are one-sided/snowballed). There's just a lot of inconsistency depending on the situation that really alters the strength of tanks. 

I think my biggest issue is that being infantry only, they just seem unfun and unfair in that numerous times I see where I'll have say a 5-1 record against someone while they are playing as infantry, then they get in a tank and proceed to get 15 kills in a row (not just on me) and it taking multiple attempts before successfully destroying their tank.  

As for changes that might help:

Increasing optic health but increasing repair time may help provide for counterplay for both sides with optics not being immediately destroyed but giving more opportunity to counter when they are destroyed.

Mines I'm okay with not being a one-shot, however track or hull damage causing movement impairment along with increasing to three mines would be fantastic as currently tanks upon being damaged can immediately speed away at 50km/h and repair, and having a system to inhibit or impair movement would help for balance.

• Like 3

I am glad tanks got balanced they way they have been.  I get sick of people that just camp in the tanks.  They should also nerf the amount to BP you earn while using a tank.  You get some people that are good in the tank, tank gets blown up, they just call in another... then another... then another.  I watch one guy call in 4 tanks in 1 game.

2 hours ago, Zvolteh said:

track or hull damage causing movement impairment

This needs to be added.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, MFC_Plowing said:

They should also nerf the amount to BP you earn while using a tank.  You get some people that are good in the tank, tank gets blown up, they just call in another... 

Oh yeah this too. When I have to go through the trouble involved with taking out a high BP cost tank only for them to spawn another immediately after since they are able to farm BP so easily in the tank... It's really not fun in the slightest. They should be high cost once a game tide-turners, not something that just gets spammed. 

Also add in @TZoningHards suggestion for making RPGs replenishable through gadget pack instead of ammo pack, as that would both get more use for it while cutting down on RPG spam.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MFC_Plowing said:

I am glad tanks got balanced they way they have been.  I get sick of people that just camp in the tanks.  They should also nerf the amount to BP you earn while using a tank.  You get some people that are good in the tank, tank gets blown up, they just call in another... then another... then another.  I watch one guy call in 4 tanks in 1 game.

This needs to be added.

Balanced? I am shooting a man at the focus at a man who is sitting in a trench next to me, and he doesn’t even damage him! I have to get out of the tank and kill him, otherwise he will calmly kill me from the RPG straight from the trench. Do you call it balance? I now call it unbalance.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Kony said:

well tanks are suppose to be hulking beasts from the front that spit fire, not a plush toys that can't do anything... and i mean HE/SH shells go nerfd so hard they can't kill anything! IRL shrapnel have like 20m kill radius, in game it's less than 3m right now! What, are we suppose to use APFSDS against infantry? Wouldn't be better to just fix ammo load-out 20 sabots + other type instead nerfing HE/SH? Even before nerf HE were underwhelming, but right now it's not even wack-a mole with infantry. It's just death and you can't do anything...

1 hour ago, MFC_Plowing said:

I am glad tÔĽŅanks got balanÔĽŅced they way they have been.¬† I get sick of people thaÔĽŅt just camp in the tanÔĽŅkÔĽŅsÔĽŅ

How is that i never had such problems? GIT GUT at AT rolle i guess? Include RPG in one for your six load-outs? Learn what tandem warheads are for? Bring mines to battle? If someone is good at tank driving why you don't step up your game as AT man? 

People have many ways to deal with vehicles in this game but the best way apparently is devs forum///

I see no problem with RPG spam!

I see problem in the way tankers are treated!

to be clear i have nothing against BP costs or slight nerfs of vehicles but the way munitions for high caliber guns are treated. 

Also i need to know what kind of game devs are making, is it going to be BF clone or strategic shooter based on realism because WW3 at beginning of EA looked like strategic shooter based on realism.

DEVS you need to FOCUS on the game YOU want to make...

Edited by Marg
  • Like 4
  • Angry 1

If a few patches are back, I went into the game and could spend a lot of time there, but now such a desire does not arise :( It is a pity that the developers go in the lead of whiners who are not able to put a few RPGs in the direction of the tank.

• Like 3

How about the people complaining about realism can have their 20m kill radius shot back when their tank requires being manned by a whole squad instead of one dude who can drive, command, and shoot all of the different guns themselves. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

now we are stepping into twilight zone...

Edited by Marg

Before HE would just give free kills as splash could reach most of the area behind any cover such as the big walls barricades. Tanks were way over powered to the point infantry would have a 50% chance of getting a RPG off with a strong chance of the APS disrupting the RPG and the other 50% chance would to be dying before you can gt a shot off but at 95% chance of dying after getting a shot off.

Before you basically sacrifice yourself in a most situations dealing with a tank. There was little to skill to using one at the time.

Now infantry have a fighting chance as tanks actually have to aim and hit near the target to kill it. The splash is still decently effective.

I dont even use tanks often but when I do get in one that I usually stole from some dude that jumped out of a default tank or APC after I blinded it I have no problem going the whole game in it and not dying while getting decent kills with out sitting far off.

There's some instances of people camping in tanks being a problem mainly when they are out of reach of a strike, but it is kinda rare.

Its a bit of get gud on both sides as tanks are pretty viable is played cautiously and most people kinda suck at attacking a tank but two tandems can kill a tank with in 8 seconds from one shooter which is a big issue. Optics could be slightly buffed as well.

RPGs need more balance work revolving around the time to aim and fire being too short resulting in quickscoping tanks, Having two tandems available to kill tanks fast, and the ammo system for RPGs in general.

RPGs should have a special ammo system.

But giving tanks their splash back is out of the question for balance and fun. Tankers should aim more and out think the prey.

• Like 2