VBK-Anarchie

Battle-Tank

1 hour ago, Draugr543154 said:

Also as someone who does drive tanks alot in WW3 and can often keep the tank alive the entire match id have to disagree on it not being easy,

easy if you snipe across the map, not if you try to do your job... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Marg said:

easy if you snipe across the map, not if you try to do your job... 

Snipe? Do not insult me with such vile words, half of playing a tank is knowing when you can push and when you cannot, the role i take is that of creating space for infantry on my team, the difficult comes from knowing when to push and when to return to base for repairs hence me saying it I disagree on it being not easy. The leading cause of my death as a tank is getting impatient with my infantry being too passive and pushing onto a occupied point before RPG nests are cleared off as pushing in such a situation will lead to one hit kill from a tandem to the rare. But this is not a death because tanks are hard this is a death due to my own choice a measured risk i took and was found wanting in other times i could push up and the infanty will follow or I could kill the RPG or angle my armor on the point just right that the RPG nest has no line of sight at rear armor.

• Like 1

@Draugr543154 have you ever got your vision port destroyed? try to navigate through hard route, all it takes it one ap .50. Though it looks like you have good instinct in tank driving.

This game is not about "you" but 90% other players that don't use discord and play solo, so i just wonder what you wanted to add in this discussion? If OPTIONAL multi-crewing, i'm all for it after game gets voice chat, because as i see the way you want implement it, is to make yourself even stronger, since there is a reason why there are always 3+ crewman in modern MBTs though technology allows to reduce that number to 1... With 3 crewman you get better awareness and you can focus on your specific role that way you get edge over 1 man-tank since he has to search for targets, make decisions where to go what to shoot, shoot, and drive all by himself... Really one-man-tank has it worse than 3 man crew especially if that crew knows what they are doing and are well coordinated.

So nopeeeee.... 

Edited by Marg

1 hour ago, Marg said:

@Draugr543154 have you ever got your vision port destroyed? try to navigate through hard route, all it takes it one ap .50. Though it looks like you have good instinct in tank driving.

This game is not about "you" but 90% other players that don't use discord and play solo, so i just wonder what you wanted to add in this discussion? If OPTIONAL multi-crewing, i'm all for it after game gets voice chat, because as i see the way you want implement it, is to make yourself even stronger, since there is a reason why there are always 3+ crewman in modern MBTs though technology allows to reduce that number to 1... With 3 crewman you get better awareness and you can focus on your specific role that way you get edge over 1 man-tank since he has to search for targets, make decisions where to go what to shoot, shoot, and drive all by himself... Really one-man-tank has it worse than 3 man crew especially if that crew knows what they are doing and are well coordinated.

So nopeeeee.... 

Ive been opticalled alot, kinda got used to navigating back to the repair bench, when i first started i kid you not I used to drive in what i was hoping was away from the enemy get out of the tank look around drive from memory, get out look around drive from memory rince repeat till i got home, still have to get out every now and then if i get lost on the way home or miss a turn, my favorite was this one time i got opticalled i was rotating the turret around and all i saw was grey couldnt figure out any land marks just grey, got out to realise i got opticalled so hard my tank fell through the map lol, I to this day reckon it was a Tor that did that to that specific tank.

I donno if Iam the minority on this, i always figured at least half the playerbase would play in 2 or 3 man groups everyone has a few freinds they like playing with right, Iam not even a clanner. What iam trying to bring to the conversation is that tanks are not in a great spot right now and it is my opinion that team work to operate and team work to destroy would put tanks in a better spot. Even if they dont want to do that I can say that there is 2 things that would help tanks alot 2 things i tend to utalise when hunting tanks when i dont have access to one.

1: Tandem RPGs my go to tank buster these things allow one man to pose a letal treat to any tank, 1 hit to rear armor and good bye tank its not hard to sit in ambush with how these maps are designed to funnel vehicles especially down a handfull of predictable routes, even if there is a hardkill system on board Ive often just waited for a team mates bait single stage to hit before cracking it open, or if one doesnt have any team mates around theres always just waiting for a randoms one to get eaten, even if they made it so tandems did 80% damage to rear armor its better then a One hit kill. Another Quality od life change could be giving tandems a slower projectile velocity and greater bullet drop, iam not entirly sure how realistic this would be but they sure look heavier.

2: Mines these at most should do 25% and track a tank that they can one hit kill a tank is ludicrous for something that doesnt even despawn in death, i consider these so ludicrusly OP that i will only resort to using them if i feel my team is getting base raped by enemy armor, mines should be a tool to allow for follow up hits and eventually a kill on a tank not do it all by itself.

@Draugr543154 read forum, there was topic on mines and modular nature of tanks(that should be implemented), and yes you are in minority on multi crewing  though i said i'm all up for it if game gets voice chat... since, is i wrote @up 2 and more crew member would give you advantage, also as i wrote x@ups i wouldn't give a random player 6-7kBP tank to drive so again just optional after introduction of voice chat. 

8 minutes ago, Draugr543154 said:

Tandem RPGs my go to tank buster these things allow one man to pose a letal treat to any tank, 1 hit to rear armor and good bye tank its not hard to sit in ambush

if you are so good at tank driving why you take issue with tandems, i'm a tanker but i don't mind those since tandems are here to punish anyone hard when misstate is made like choosing unsafe route. I like 100% damage because only then you can feel (the mistake)it  (or chose armor layout with RPG nets). Tandems velocity is ok, just single stage RPG move slower than RL ones :P

Since WW3 so far have only city maps (based on real locations) it's hard not to funnel vehicles and getting butt f%^#d... welcome to urban warfare

And yeah, i've been there on both sides.

The only real fix tanks need right now is HE splash back 

HE splash was broken OP beyond all doubt. Tanks arent bad right now I would only say the games need adjustments to RPGs handling, damage and ammo system. People should just play smarter in tanks and you will do fine.

Tandems are a issue since they way too fast.

Should step away from teh rock paper scissor model and put more mechanics into the game such as shooting tracks to disable movment with a single stage (or tandem) and then some shots from AP armor or high caliber weapons.

Make the rest of the tank tankier so tandems are a better damage option but you dont want to waste a tandem on a track or APS as you only get two and would need about three to kill a tank but single stages would be more cost effective to spend on tracks and APS.

After a RPG nerf to handling requiring a player to stand still for a second to fix the aim at distance you can decrease the drop to make them more combatable to the long range tanks that are tankier. hitting the tracks at range would keep the tanks from running off to repair as easily as now, giving time to kill them with RPGs if they are out of bounds for strikes.

• Like 1

CoD:UO tanks had bigger splash than those! Tanks from god damn CoD games! Tanks right now are mobile pillboxes and are mowing down infantry with .50 from 200m! The way they work now is laughable and i wonder why infantry only players find worse getting splashed by HE than getting sniped by "TOR" in full auto? I say remove coaxial .50 give 7.62 add reload time for HE add fixed load out amount ap2:1chem and bring back old splash! That is RE BALANCING not nerfing into oblivion...

13 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

After a RPG nerf to handling requiring a player to stand still for a second to fix the aim at distance you can decrease the drop to make them more combatable to the long range tanks that are tankier. hitting the tracks at range would keep the tanks from running off to repair as easily as now, giving time to kill them with RPGs if they are out of bounds for strikes.

NO MORE NERFS! Are you mental? RPG are perfectly fine, though they could use faster projectiles for single stage, the way ammo for RPG works is perfectly fine as tanker i find no problems with it. 

Tanks can't fight other tanks due to limits, tanks can't fight infantry as they should witch is NOT sniping across the map but actively helping infantry pull out entrenched enemy. But right now smallest corner give you safe spot from where you can spam RPGs... and the only way you can deal with it is by doing the most retarded thing... rushing...  

Also i find it strange... @TZoningHard you want infantry to feel as "real" as by game mechanics is reasonable but when it comes to vehicles you are doing 180.. and I don't want realistic 20m dead zone just a old 5m, really hand grenades are more lethal than 120mm shell or god help us even 150mm -.-

Edited by Marg
  • Like 1

Since, soon there will be a new update, I would like to raise this topic again.
  Dear developers, people that played your game, by the fact that they liked the tanks, after updating for a long time not to return to the game, if you do not return the tanks of the same power. Now tanks are useless. I consider myself not a bad player, and I had a lot of benefits for the team when I was in the tank. But now I have a lot more good if I play as a regular infantryman. But it does not give me much pleasure to play for the infantryman.

I apologize if somewhere it is written is not clear. I wrote this through Google translator.

Edited by TENb
  • Thanks 1

Also, it's very easy to kill tanks. I mean fully upgraded tanks that cost around 6500 BP, get a few tandem rounds and it and you are good. Not to mention, you don't even need the tandems, learn where the optics are and destroy them in 20 seconds. Now the tank driver is screwed, he has no idea where he is going. Now, you have a good minute to easily destroy a max upgrade tank. I think that is very bad, gameplay wise. One dude or two shouldn't be able to bully a tank like that. A big problem I have seen when using tanks, because I play them a lot, and have even been called "tank w*hore" by salty players, is that when you fire a shell and switch to your HMG for a second, and you go back, during that time, the shell wasn't being loaded, this makes tanks very sluggish and allows players to RPG them to hell. Also the reticles, my oh my are the reticles terrible. From going fully crazy to being destroyed in seconds, it is hard to play tanks. The red icon doesn't center in with the circle reticle, it drifts off to the side for no apparent reason, and if your barrel is pointing towards the back it flies up and your aiming becomes trash. I think it should be overall more fun and a good team effort to get rid of tanks, shooting optics, rpgs, and maybe even strikes. Right now its just 2 tandems to get the job done. Also, the tank upgrades, the ones that cost like 5000 money, those need to reduce shell damage from other tanks as well. 

With December Patch much is adjusted
wait and see,Convince yourself.!
I have heard from trusted side that December patch should be very good

new weapons and tanks, Tank will be adjusted accordingly,So until then in the battlefield

greetings your anarchy

8 hours ago, Artaxiad300062 said:

Right now its just 2 tandems to get the job done. Also, the tank upgrades, the ones that cost like 5000 money, those need to reduce shell damage from other tanks as well. 

You're not considering the infantry viewpoint.

For you it's "just 2 Tandems" but for  infantry it may be quite an effort to sneak up behind a tank, shoot 1 Tandem, risk revealing your position to enemy  infantry's fire and the vehicle itself, then reload and shoot another projectile. 

From my point of view (playing a lot of tanks) i think tanks are almost fine as they are. They can't be oneshot by tandems or mines anymore and were ridiculous overpowered pre-nerf for their low price. In their current state you shouldn't take them as a one man/vehicle army, which can just roll onto a point and solo cap it, while murdering all nearby infantry. After spawning, you should first open your map, check for open points with around 1-3 friendly infantry near them and support your team with med/long range fire support. Smoke, Thermal and Coax alone, are an insane powerful anti infantry combination right now, unless you stand right inside a swarm of enemies. 

My only concern with tanks right now, are the massive nerfs to its coax 0.50cal gun. Very low fire rate and damage makes it harder to kill infantry than with any assault rifle in the game. Your coax is your best and quite often only way of countering infantry "duck-rpg-spamming" behind some cover, so maybe you could buff that a little bit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Predator.v2 said:

....Your coax is your best and quite often only way of countering infantry "duck-rpg-spamming" behind some cover, so maybe you could buff that a little bit.

axactly.. imposible to kill with HE(even 2x30mm) and very hard to kill by .50cal.. this "superfortesses" makes me crazy for example at Warsaw map, the "sniper overpass/balcony (c1/c2)"  there is nearly impossible to kill them.. they can hide behind 10cm thin wall.. thats really annoying

17 hours ago, Kony said:

For you it's "just 2 Tandems" but for  infantry it may be quite an effort to sneak up behind a tank, shoot 1 Tandem, risk revealing your position to enemy  infantry's fire and the vehicle itself, then reload and shoot another projectile. 

Actually, let's say the tank attacks your objective, you have a chance to quickly redeploy on the same objective. So its rather easy for a few dudes to spawn and each fire at least one shot on the tank.  But I get what you're saying. 

17 hours ago, Kony said:

Do you even have people in your team who are testing tanks? I have a feeling that no. Please play a couple of fights on the tank and you will see at least a small part of what we are telling you. And maybe then, you at least fix something in the tank.

I dont know whos playing the game hardcore in the team but I'm sure there's a decent amount of people playing ww3 at f51.

There is no sneaking evolved tho, two tandems equals dead and there are multiple people to shoot RPGs that a tank will run into.

I'm infantry main, I can play tank fairly well now as well. I say that tank players need to aim and stop asking for HE splash but the two tandems situation is OP and is very low skill but is not used as much as it needs to have preparation.

just finished video what WW3 tank gameplay is about.. + RPG bonus at the end.. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lipo said:

just finished video what WW3 tank gameplay is about.. + RPG bonus at the end.. 

While you're in the tank, nobody should spawn on you,he can spawnen but should not go out as soon as he goes out flies your tank
this is still the old bug,I hope soon it will be patched

-rpg: Different ammunition type always have problems,if it works, but make good damage, have seen that you have done with a shot 40 demage so
I can only try on WE

• Like 1

for me tandems should oneshot

On 12/13/2018 at 8:51 AM, TZoningHard said:

I say that tank players need to aim and stop asking for HE splash

What is the point of HE or SH shells then? If coaxial does better job at killing somethig is wrong

• Like 1

After reading this thread ...

How bout splash damage act differently: 

- at 3-5 meter they kill !

- beyond this range they do certain non lethal damage + they blow players of their feet x meters away from explosion impact (with certain ranges involved accordingly)

This might add disorientation (audible & directional) to the RPG footsoldier and perhaps delay on his reloading a new RPG shell after standing up again.

The HE shooting tank doesn't perform instant easy kills too easely and the RPG'er doesn't perform quickfiring rockets.

This would require some extra work for the dev's ofcours adding blown away animations, but at first thought this mechanic could work and might add some balance to both parties involved.

A bit rough generalised suggestion, but you get the geste. What does anyone else thinks bout this ?

Edited by Bigfeet

1 hour ago, Bigfeet said:

After reading this thread ...

How bout splash damage act differently: 

- at 3-5 meter they kill !

- beyond this range they do certain non lethal damage + they blow players of their feet x meters away from explosion impact (with certain ranges involved accordingly)

This might add disorientation (audible & directional) to the RPG footsoldier and perhaps delay on his reloading a new RPG shell after standing up again.

The HE shooting tank doesn't perform instant easy kills too easely and the RPG'er doesn't perform quickfiring rockets.

This would require some extra work for the dev's ofcours adding blown away animations, but at first thought this mechanic could work and might add some balance to both parties involved.

A bit rough generalised suggestion, but you get the geste. What does anyone else thinks bout this ?

We do not want to turn ww3 into a BF4 that makes realism different
.compromise between arma and bf makes ww3 different,that should stay that way
I can not say because I could not test the patch,but sure tomorrow

regards

6 hours ago, Marg said:

for me tandems should oneshot

Then whats the point in armor (as in vehicles) and armor upgrades? Essentially with tandems being a OHK all your doing by using armor is making your self a big easy target for instant death. Is that how a reward and combat multiplier should work? Then there's the argument that if one "strike" (reward) can be easily and freely countered by any soldier at any time, then shouldn't all the "strikes" be easily countered by something that's freely available to any soldier at any time? Basically making the whole idea of strikes and combat multipliers pointless.

At the minute a lot of the time it isn't much challenge killing armor as a single infantry just with RPG, how much easier do you want it?

Edited by VoodooGaming
  • Like 1

@VoodooGaming i had stock vehicles in mind, since RPG nets etc should save your ass anyday, also i want stronger HE/SH shells so any armored vehicle would feel strong...

im not so sure i agree with the sentiment that tanks or underpowered.. unweildy may be a better term as the turret speed and reload times are brutally slow but at the same time ive gone on rounds with 40+ kills with like 1 death all due to a tank. I am not a extremely good vehicle player yet i somehow dominated because of a relatively equipped tank. maybe make the price lower or the speed higher but as for armor and damage i dont think i would mess with those values too much. also if you want to increase the optics health that could help the issue as when i see an enemy tank i just take 2 shots at the optic and they are forced into retreat. 

@Marg I'm not even sure RPG nets work at all (I tend to go for explosive armor), I've taken a Leo MBT with RPG nets out with 1 tandem + 1 normal RPG from the side... easy.

I'm really looking forward to a test range of some sort, it's so difficult for us to accurately test stuff atm.

Edited by VoodooGaming