Jump to content
VBK-Anarchie

Battle-Tank

Recommended Posts

On 12/12/2018 at 12:51 PM, Kony said:

You're not considering the infantry viewpoint.

For you it's "just 2 Tandems" but for  infantry it may be quite an effort to sneak up behind a tank, shoot 1 Tandem, risk revealing your position to enemy  infantry's fire and the vehicle itself, then reload and shoot another projectile. 

@VoodooGaming  just posted the video several times and put it above, in which you can see how it is actually easy. And indeed it is. Without a normal blast radius of "HE" shells - tanks do not pose a big threat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@VoodooGaming yea, i found out my leo with rpg nets can take 2 tandems to the back, but also i found out that one tandem to engine deck is a oneshot. If you are skilled enough you can just lob tandems (managed do that twice)... some sort of fire range would be nice. Also there are 2 or 3 diferent armor layouts with RPG nets, so some of them might be weaker (currently i'm using the most expensive). 

Edited by Marg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Marg said:

for me tandems should oneshot

What is the point of HE or SH shells then? If coaxial does better job at killing somethig is wrong

Maybe use coaxil instead of HE and SH then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

Maybe use coaxil instead of HE and SH then.

Or just learn to aim with HE / SH :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, VoodooGaming said:

Then whats the point in armor (as in vehicles) and armor upgrades? Essentially with tandems being a OHK all your doing by using armor is making your self a big easy target for instant death. Is that how a reward and combat multiplier should work? Then there's the argument that if one "strike" (reward) can be easily and freely countered by any soldier at any time, then shouldn't all the "strikes" be easily countered by something that's freely available to any soldier at any time? Basically making the whole idea of strikes and combat multipliers pointless.

 

At the minute a lot of the time it isn't much challenge killing armor as a single infantry just with RPG, how much easier do you want it?

 

So where is the new patch? 1 to 2 hits and tank is dead?oh boy, what is that?sry but that is just sad

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what I wanted to ask at DEV? are there certain advantages between tanks?
which have certain strengths?or are all the same and have only differences with appearance!

thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

Maybe use coaxil instead of HE and SH then.

it's not answer for a question

12 hours ago, Vriz said:

Or just learn to aim with HE / SH :P

point is coaxial is more lethal than HE/SH rendering said shell almost useless?

Edited by Marg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, VBK-Anarchie said:

what I wanted to ask at DEV? are there certain advantages between tanks?
which have certain strengths?or are all the same and have only differences with appearance!

thx

Yup, tanks and vehicles of the same class  are different when it comes to acceleration, top speed, turning speed, seats number and other factors, however the differences are modest. All in all, it's all about the vehicle's config and advantages or disadvantages can be easily equalized.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Kony said:

Yup, tanks and vehicles of the same class  are different when it comes to acceleration, top speed, turning speed, seats number and other factors, however the differences are modest. All in all, it's all about the vehicle's config and advantages or disadvantages can be easily equalized.

So that means in game info regarding equipment would be very helpful

thank you for the information

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Marg said:

it's not answer for a question

point is coaxial is more lethal than HE/SH rendering said shell almost useless?

Aim better with the tank then, it works fine. coaxil is there in case you miss.

People are asking for free kills as a tank.

It is the answer.

coaxil is a anti infantry weapon, HE is a mix but still a anti tank weapon, SH is a tactical choice to hurt infantry in a splash are but not be OP.

If you can't hit near a infantry player with HE to get the kill because your aim isn't that good then you have coaxil which alleviates the punishment for missing with a a higher RPM.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The developers have proved to us that they listen to the opinion of the community. So let us, we will express the opinion of the majority, about the equipment by means of voting. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose I should preface this post by saying this is one of the biggest peeves of the game for me, so there's probably some bias in this post.

In my opinion, the problems with tanks is that they are low-risk, high-reward tools in the early phases of low-count games. They are a cheap crutch; a free way for some drip-head to easily cap points and kill others without putting in much effort or risk. This can allow for a snowball effect as the game progresses, whether more people join or not. It doesn't always happen, but it's possible.

Damage and counters/tactics aside, can we please consider two things? First, can we not have tanks as part of the armor package that spawns in at the start of the game? The Quads and the APC are fine, but please no tanks. Second, can we change the amount of points these things cost? Compare it to some of the other strikes. An airstrike costs 7500 points and is a one and done which you may not get value out of. Similar thing with the artillery barrage and bombing run. A tank on the other hand costs about 4500-5000, and can almost automatically get value. Bonus perk is that its reusable if you save it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2018 at 1:01 AM, TZoningHard said:

Aim better with the tank then, it works fine. coaxil is there in case you miss.

People are asking for free kills as a tank.

It is the answer.

coaxil is a anti infantry weapon, HE is a mix but still a anti tank weapon, SH is a tactical choice to hurt infantry in a splash are but not be OP.

If you can't hit near a infantry player with HE to get the kill because your aim isn't that good then you have coaxil which alleviates the punishment for missing with a a higher RPM.

you can't get more accurate than with .50 call and i'm ripping infantry appart with it. No, coaxial IS for infantry suppresion not killing (i can write a lot about implementation of coaxials in this game and why we should get only 7.62mm). HE is not AT weapon but bunkerbuster. I can hit infantry with HE but i can't root out infantry from defensive possitions/ support attack of friendly infantry. And as i said earlier, when Call of Duty:UO(the best expansion for CoD games ever by Gray Matter) tanks have bigger splash with 75mm there is something wrong? 

Edited by Marg
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2018 at 4:52 PM, Blackhawk307 said:

Second, can we change the amount of points these things cost? Compare it to some of the other strikes. An airstrike costs 7500 points and is a one and done which you may not get value out of. Similar thing with the artillery barrage and bombing run. A tank on the other hand costs about 4500-5000, and can almost automatically get value. Bonus perk is that its reusable if you save it.

First of all we don't want players to spam with artillery barrages, carpet bombings or missiles killing unaware infantry  10 seconds after spawn. Strike appearing on the map should be a rare event which can change the tides of battle if used efficiently.  Getting a strike should feel as a reward for  ptfo' ing: giving and doing orders which are successful. 

Also one of the coming  features are metagame bonuses some of which will provide discounts for calling the strikes on the battlefield. 

We don't eliminate the possibility that strikes' prices will be adjusted to a more reasonable but don't expect a Black Friday sales :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kony said:

First of all we don't want players to spam with artillery barrages, carpet bombings or missiles killing unaware infantry  10 seconds after spawn. Strike appearing on the map should be a rare event which can change the tides of battle if used efficiently.  Getting a strike should feel as a reward for  ptfo' ing: giving and doing orders which are successful. 

Also one of the coming  features are metagame bonuses some of which will provide discounts for calling the strikes on the battlefield. 

We don't eliminate the possibility that strikes' prices will be adjusted to a more reasonable but don't expect a Black Friday sales :)

 

BP gain is pretty easy and you get too much in general. It feels like charity handouts in stead of earning points.

Hopefully it gets adjusted with the match time revert.

You get shit loads of points for killing players and it stack way to much on point.

I can kill 6 players at the start angle get UAVs with in 5 minutes of starting with out being near a marked objective.

The game right now is a strike fest in stead of infantry centric. excluding armor.

multiple times have I've seen multiple strikes used one after another on the same area or at the same time.

For a lot of us we are just waiting for timers to be up since we are drowning in 3-3.5k strikes. I'm just throwing around random uavs before I throw another strike down.

I'm getting 3-4k at minimum points from kills per game.

 

The BP needs to go down a lot and over all BP from kills needs to be lessed. adjusting BP cost can happen after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2018 at 6:49 AM, Kony said:

First of all we don't want players to spam with artillery barrages, carpet bombings or missiles killing unaware infantry  10 seconds after spawn. Strike appearing on the map should be a rare event which can change the tides of battle if used efficiently.  Getting a strike should feel as a reward for  ptfo' ing: giving and doing orders which are successful. 

Also one of the coming  features are metagame bonuses some of which will provide discounts for calling the strikes on the battlefield. 

We don't eliminate the possibility that strikes' prices will be adjusted to a more reasonable but don't expect a Black Friday sales :)

 

I certainly don't want players spawning in with artillery barrages or carpet bombings ready to go on unsuspecting infantry either Kony, but tanks have more advantages which are more annoying to deal with, therefore they ought to cost more. If I may, I'll break down the three big difference which I think make tanks a bigger threat on battlefield than airstrikes and streamline the talking points.

1) Cost: This was my original point and perhaps my strongest which quoted me on, so I won't have to beat a dead horse

2) Defense-ability: I can't really think of a better way to describe this, but yet it's apt. When an airstrike is called in, you have more ways of immediately defending against it versus a tank.

3) Deadliness: This ties into both of the above points and I briefly touched on it my original post, but it bears repeating. A tank is just more lethal than any of the airstrikes and depending on which we are comparing to, it's either just a little extra or much cheaper.

Edited by Blackhawk307
Grammer and typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello dear community
After a long absence I'm finally back home,First I upload update
I see the tank are just toys,DEV team you can delete tank from game..if at tank does not change

view for forward has changed,Now I do not see where in front and back...HE are useless so I have to snip
or best I leave tank and go sniping.if I'm lucky games with 4 friends are in ts
so I get 6500 points in 15 minutes,so if not get a chance for tank:Please either clear tanks or make the tank a tank

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll vote for removing the spawn killer. Make it remote control, get a few cheap spawn kills, but then go boom.   Hack, put a timer on it. That way we don't have to carry rpg. Rpg is another mans bolter, so get rid of them too. Tank on timer or easily taking out by a pistol. haha.  No air is a win/win, make tanks a win/win too. 70k kill tankers need not apply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2018 at 5:50 PM, Kony said:

Yup, tanks and vehicles of the same class  are different when it comes to acceleration, top speed, turning speed, seats number and other factors, however the differences are modest. All in all, it's all about the vehicle's config and advantages or disadvantages can be easily equalized.

Im kinda an expert with the tank, the problem i saw with the tanks is mostly movment atleast for the LEO, it doesnt feel right, the MBT gets stuck on everything and bearly moves, i playes once actualy with the T72 and it seems the movment is much better for that tank, it felt like a more realistic tank experence, i could engage targets with good speed and help my team without getting stuck and becoming a sitting duck for RPG, i dont exactly know what you did different but the Leo need upgrades to its movment

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2018 at 12:27 AM, Z3Id366 said:

Im kinda an expert with the tank, the problem i saw with the tanks is mostly movment atleast for the LEO, it doesnt feel right, the MBT gets stuck on everything and bearly moves, i playes once actualy with the T72 and it seems the movment is much better for that tank, it felt like a more realistic tank experence, i could engage targets with good speed and help my team without getting stuck and becoming a sitting duck for RPG, i dont exactly know what you did different but the Leo need upgrades to its movment

no.... Leo is heavier than T 72 (over 15 tones!) and both have same engines. Heavy tanks shouldn't drive like go kart around battlefield... . If anything t72 should get weaker engine (1000 or 1200 HP). Still the best way to balance out corner hugging by infantry, when the armor is in the field, is by increasing splash on chemical rounds.... Way simpler and healthier implementation....

Edited by Marg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2018 at 1:20 PM, Evaris said:

instead of increasing the BP cost of tanks, lowering it to see there being more?
 

The point of the high cost is to reward good players, if you lower it to 4500 for example, ANYBODY can get a tank in like 10 minutes. But problem is that you can only have 2 tanks active in the match. This means that your average joe can be using a tank instead of a guy that can probably destroy the entire enemy team as your teammates take the objectives. So, I highly reject the idea of lowering BP cost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem is, a good player by now, can destroy a fully upgraded tank under 30 seconds. 

1) Quickly destroy the optics and blind the driver

2) get behind the tank

3) 2-3 shot the most powerful tank in the game

And that is just one dude, if there are a few more of these "good players" then the MBT is just a joke. I think MBTs need to be buffed to be future-proof. Sure right now, alot of players don't understand how to deal with them. But in my view, I feel like a bully against these tanks... I can blind them in second, spam them and kill them. Actually most of the time, the drivers bails because he just gives up, due to not having optics or becoming stuck after frantically trying to get away, and I kill the driver. Am I the terminator? I am just infantry! The MBT should be the terminator for me! 

What we need is: 

1) Smoothing the movement of all tanks, to be like the T72, I don't know why but this tank is very smooth to drive. 

2) Buff the shells back, so many times, I notice that my shells are exploding right next to a player and doing ZERO damage! 

3) Buff the MGs back, and fix the reload bug after 150 rounds

4) Improve the optics, they go full-retard alot of the time and mess with your aiming.

5) Add more grenades for tanks, so people don't abuse the ability to blind tank drivers

6) Make it easier for players to spawn on tanks, so players should be able to either spawn on objective, map, or a fellow tank, this would make the light-medium tanks more useful since that have larger crews than MBTs

7) Improve tanks ability to run over obstacles or destroy the environment, it is way too easy to get stuck while driving, light-medium tanks can't push motorbikes, you can literally drive a motorbike against a light tank and the tank would move backward. 

8- Give the tanks at the start of the round, some B/W optics to help them see, give them some grenades, and give them a basic turret, so somebody can help them kill infantry. This help players be more careful with tanks because if one side loses a tank, they are screwed. And most of the time I have seen that they deserved it! Because some idiot in the tank went on a suicide run and got RPG spammed by the entire enemy team and their grandmothers. 

Edited by Artaxiad300062
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Artaxiad300062 said:

Problem is, a good player by now, can destroy a fully upgraded tank under 30 seconds. 

1) Quickly destroy the optics and blind the driver

2) get behind the tank

3) 2-3 shot the most powerful tank in the game

And that is just one dude, if there are a few more of these "good players" then the MBT is just a joke. I think MBTs need to be buffed to be future-proof. Sure right now, alot of players don't understand how to deal with them. But in my view, I feel like a bully against these tanks... I can blind them in second, spam them and kill them. Actually most of the time, the drivers bails because he just gives up, due to not having optics or becoming stuck after frantically trying to get away, and I kill the driver. Am I the terminator? I am just infantry! The MBT should be the terminator for me! 

What we need is: 

1) Smoothing the movement of all tanks, to be like the T72, I don't know why but this tank is very smooth to drive. 

2) Buff the shells back, so many times, I notice that my shells are exploding right next to a player and doing ZERO damage! 

3) Buff the MGs back, and fix the reload bug after 150 rounds

4) Improve the optics, they go full-retard alot of the time and mess with your aiming.

5) Add more grenades for tanks, so people don't abuse the ability to blind tank drivers

6) Make it easier for players to spawn on tanks, so players should be able to either spawn on objective, map, or a fellow tank, this would make the light-medium tanks more useful since that have larger crews than MBTs

7) Improve tanks ability to run over obstacles or destroy the environment, it is way too easy to get stuck while driving, light-medium tanks can't push motorbikes, you can literally drive a motorbike against a light tank and the tank would move backward. 

8- Give the tanks at the start of the round, some B/W optics to help them see, give them some grenades, and give them a basic turret, so somebody can help them kill infantry. This help players be more careful with tanks because if one side loses a tank, they are screwed. And most of the time I have seen that they deserved it! Because some idiot in the tank went on a suicide run and got RPG spammed by the entire enemy team and their grandmothers. 

I played all the tanks
Patch 3.0 = as above after a few shots my entire optics are destroyed
all options to see to the front are bad patched I can not appreciate where the front is (think about it clinging all over)
HE is a joke 50 cm for the feet = no harm,You have to be a sniper!!!I must say that the tank in the moment only serve transport purposes
I hope DEV team can see that

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VBK-Anarchie said:

I played all the tanks
Patch 3.0 = as above after a few shots my entire optics are destroyed
all options to see to the front are bad patched I can not appreciate where the front is (think about it clinging all over)
HE is a joke 50 cm for the feet = no harm,You have to be a sniper!!!I must say that the tank in the moment only serve transport purposes
I hope DEV team can see that

Although SH is still good for infantry with its blast radius, I think its still trash, it should be a bit stronger, and HE needs to be buffed back, its useless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...