Sign in to follow this  
TZoningHard

Guts shots

Helmet are head protection and they should be. As long as its not to the point that they are less rewarding then a different location to shoot.

Head shot are where they need to be, It doesn't take a long time and is outside of the issues involve latency and reaction time. Making them 3 shots after nerfing gut shots would only be a half step in the right direction. People would have the same issue from gut shots but just moved to the head. The armor system would keep the consistency but allow variety in the gameplay.

Would have some similar problems like issues from one shot head shot like in siege.

Over all I would say a TTK of .33 is way too low and causes a lot of issues with not gameplay factors being to big of a influence with the outcome of matches.

I would really like to see plates for the sides and back aswell.

A quick thought on back & side armor: Maybe they could be an additional option? Could also allow for more customization towards the preferred playstyle:

- I like to play at spots where I will most of the time face my enemy up front (e.g. Warsaw Medium around the C sites) then I choose the steel plate for the chest and no or only a light plate for the back.

- I like to play at more chaotic spots where I have to move around quicker but the enemy is more likely to appear behind me then I choose medium armor for the front and the back assuming a weight limit I could otherwise run into.

Getting back to the main subject do you consider three headshots as too few for a guaranteed kill? Given the head is a lot smaller and harder to hit than the gut I do not think it would be the same issue (not to the same extent at least). On higher ranges landing headshots on a moving target is not that easy given the gun spread and scope sway (or am I missing out the button for holding your breath the whole time? :D). Speaking about ARs as they are the most popular weapon category inside the most common engagement distances (up to 150m I would guess) more than three headshots needed for a kill would feel unsatisfactory in my opinion. And given there is a lot cover on most parts of the maps players could easily duck back into cover and heal making gun fights a lot less intensive.

Either way even a second needed headshot would reduce the "issue" of a one shot headshot kill as in R6 Siege significantly. Given the small distances in siege the system favors High RPM weapons a lot as it increases the chance of (more or less) randomly hitting the head.

Another question: The rounded numbers you give about the TTK are based on the assumption every shot hits I assume?

I can follow and understand your argumentation that a higher TTK increases the skill ceiling keeping other variables constant. However, I would not underestimate the potential impact on the game's atmosphere if you need about a third of a magazine to kill someone hitting the body which also contributes a lot to the fun you have with a game. At the current state you are absolutely right, it is quite easy to kill someone. (Still we cannot say for sure how much of this is related maybe to technical problems. See also the discussion in Bf V where the developers distinguish between time to kill and time to death in a recent announcement to point out that both may feel different for the player shooting and the player being shot at.).

One reason is the small number of bullets you need to kill someone and the other how easy it is to land that many hits. Your proposed approach is to increase the amount of bullets needed. Probably one could achieve a similar result in terms of average time a firefight pursues by making it more difficult to land multiple shots and also increase the skill ceiling of the game. For example the recoil could become a lot more pronounced the longer the burst you are firing is. By now recoil control requires to pull down the mouse at a relatively constant rate. If this rate would increase with every bullet it would make recoil control more difficult and allow for a more pronounced distinction between weapons of the same class.

Lets say you want to fire 15-16 precisely grouped shots quickly: AR1 could have a recoil that gets out of hand after 5 shots so would be best of to shoot 3 bursts of 5 bullets. AR2 has a slightly higher recoil so you would want to fire 4 bursts of 4 bullets. Of course recoil control is something else than aiming but still it would require skill and make mastering different weapons more differentiated. The same could be done for semi-auto fire with different optimal firing/clicking rates per gun.

I just wanted to drop some thoughts and this is by far not meant as a definitive design proposition or something similar. In my opinion the number of shots it takes to the gut to kill someone should increase in any way. Either by letting it also be protected by armor or by applying a different damage multiplier than the upper chest has. Choosing heavy armor protects my front but if I can be killed easily by body shots no matter the armor I choose incentives to choose heavy armor in the first place are lacking I think.

.33 TTK is way too low and the same issues of latency, reflex, and limited counter play will persist. Very big issues that break the game turning engagments into run around the corner to get the latency advatage instead of playing tactical as trying to cover a sector will get you instantly merced by a person who just runs the corner then hip fires at the face.

The head is shown at every angle of the model making the TTK the same at all angles while if the chest would lower the TTK to appropriate levels when you are engaging you opponent that is in front of you. It will still over reward flankers which the devs want but the target its self needs to be smaller.

The chest right now is exposed all directions leading to the same issues that would occur with changing the 3 hit kill to the head which is big enough to land a 3 round burst in hip fire at 30 yards easily. Making the helmet block most of the head would make the face a challenge that you have to aim for and not just reflex aim as easily as you would with the gut.

Most people arent at full health anyway so the TTK will be lower usually and you shouldn't be missing a target that size a medium range. Also head armor isn't very durable so it ill get destroyed leading to the natural 3 shot kill. It would also force people who cant control the weapons to use burst fire for better accuracy instead of holding down the trigger.

Stuff to my Idea could change but the Gut shot needs to change badly it just breaks the game regarding people being able to run into a room and hipfire in the gut to kill a person before they can do enough damage back. Their is no counter play to stop people from abusing it or rushing corners.

Sign in to follow this