Wint3r_Soldi3r

FIX for ,,Your connection to the host has been lost ^^

Hey guys,I started WW3, after the first loading screen i got another one saying ,,Missing loading screen'' right before connecting to ww3 screen show up,but nevermind that,it's not that important. Next thing i got to war map and went to quick join and then ofcourse a freeze,and back to war map with either ,,Your connection to the host has been lost'' or ,,Steam dedicated servers failed'' message.During the loading screen before the match I went to task menager and found this in ,,services'' (sorry for the image quality,forgot to print screen and photos were taken with shitty replacement phone until mine gets fixed): First one is of the loading screen freeze before the match, second one of aplications in task menager, and third in services. I don't know a lot about it but those net tcp and other net things seem important,and i can't enable them,it doesn't let me and I was thinking that thsoe things might be the culprit for not being able to join a gme either on war map or from steam servers. I hope the Devs can figure this out and maybe find a solution for those errors so everyone who's got them can play the game :):)

20181122_153904.jpg

20181122_154118.jpg

20181122_154056.jpg

Net.Tcp is used to identify your system when connected to any network. You can reset it, not sure if it's related to the game somehow, give it a try.

Win key+S type CMD, right click on it, run as administrator.

type: netsh int ip reset resettcpip.txt

Hit enter

Follow steps in CMD, probably yo have to reset PC after that.

Thanks,I was hoping it might help with the issue,I'll give it a try anyway :)

I saw Ragir's post that it's curently in testing and that instead of corupt player profile,the issue might be connected to certain hardware or software.Any progress on that? :)

Guys with some help from ww3 forums moderator @weedtime, i found a solution for the error (but bare in mind that you'll be able to play only team deathmatch,unfortenately ).And Ragir was right in his post when he said that ,,your connection to the host has been lost'' error is something hardware or software related since I was unable to play any bigger mode than team deathmatch.But still that' on the devs to resolve :)

So in my previous topic i asked a question about a few things in task menager/services, specificaly about Net.Tcp port sharing service and how to make it run,beacuse for that and other Net.Tcp things it says in task menager ,,Stoped''...So weedtime told me to do this:

click on start,then in search box type run.Once that window pops up type in cmd.When the next window opens type in netsh int ip reset resettcpip.txt. and hit Enter. Windows will then do it's magic and once it's done it will say that you have to restart your pc for changes to take effect. Second thing you will do once your system is up and running after a restart is that you'll go again to Start, type in run and then services.msc 

In the list of services find Net.Tcp port sharing service.Right click on it and go to properties. Under the first tab named ,,General'' you will see a line that says ,,Startup type''.Click that and in the menu chose ,,Manual'', and then click Aply. All that's left is to click on Start,you will find that option just under the ,,Startup type". Once you click on start, widnows will do the rest. Once you go to steam make sure to just click on Play (not eu,as na or anything,just play),once you're on a war map select team deathmatch and that's it.

Word of warning,as I said up there you will be able to play only team deathmatch and you can't know in what server you'll be droped in.I'm from EU and first match was smooth,but in second match i found ping was way to high,but hey, better to play with ping little higher than to not play at all :D. Hope this helps guys :D

P.S: If you need images of how to do it just tell me and I'll atach them :)

I get the same issue, but I just click on "Customize", then back to "Warzone" and most the time the Steam "connection warning" issue goes away.

Since 0.2.1 patch I've got the same issue. But only when I'm playing. Yesterday I just launched 5 tdm game on Warsaw and everytime I got disconnected 5 minutes max after the game started. Everytime it just brought me back at home screen. And when I come back to a game, no more problem until the end of it, and searching for a new game. No idea ?

13 hours ago, svotjue said:

Since 0.2.1 patch I've got the same issue. But only when I'm playing. Yesterday I just launched 5 tdm game on Warsaw and everytime I got disconnected 5 minutes max after the game started. Everytime it just brought me back at home screen. And when I come back to a game, no more problem until the end of it, and searching for a new game. No idea ?

I got the same thing today,it depends in which server it drops you,for exsample if you're in europe like me and you get thrown into SA/NA server, you'll get high ping resulting in the game kicking you back to war map. Joining the game is tricky,you never know where you'll be droped. I got lucky today,in 4 of 5 games i got into some server that's near,smooth gameplay :)

This is very helpful, thanks for taking your time to do this research. If I understand it right, the idea is that because the game freezes during loading, the network adapter is disabled and this disconnects you from the server and sends back to the menu, is this right?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ragir said:

This is very helpful, thanks for taking your time to do this research. If I understand it right, the idea is that because the game freezes during loading, the network adapter is disabled and this disconnects you from the server and sends back to the menu, is this right?

Well I guess so,I could try to run team detahmatch with Net.Tcp port sharing turned off or ,,stoped'' more sxcatly  and see what happens. But I think it's defenitely hardware or software related as you yourself Ragir have said it, since smallest mode (team dethmatch) works for me while other modes,bigger modes don't work and show the same error ,,your connection to the host has been lost'' :).I'll test team deathmatch with net.tcp port sahring turned off and report right back :)

20 hours ago, Ragir said:

Hey Ragir,small update. Team Deathmatch works even without Tcp.Net port sharing service enabled. SO now I'm pretty sure that it's somehow hardware related,or related to some software stopping the player from playing bigger modes like warzone small and large (90% sure it's hardware related though :D ). So I don't know what magic you guys did with Team deathmatch but could use some of that on other modes :D.Hope this helps as it seems that those errors are not connected to network itself,but more like hardware connected.ALso there is some stuttering in the game,but i guess it's related to the server you're connected to,wheather it's in EU,AS,NA etc. :)

• Like 1

Ok, this makes sense. My current theory is that because the game loads so long for some people, the connection is just simply terminated by the system. This makes sense in case of TDM, since this map is much smaller.

One thing I'd like you to try is to turn everything down as low as it will go and try again - lower settings need less stuff to load and might let you in - this would confirm this line of thinking and would mean our load time optimization that's coming in 0.3 will help this a LOT.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ragir said:

Ok, this makes sense. My current theory is that because the game loads so long for some people, the connection is just simply terminated by the system. This makes sense in case of TDM, since this map is much smaller.

One thing I'd like you to try is to turn everything down as low as it will go and try again - lower settings need less stuff to load and might let you in - this would confirm this line of thinking and would mean our load time optimization that's coming in 0.3 will help this a LOT.

So everything sett ot low,and then I should try also warzone,both large and small? On it :)

3 hours ago, Ragir said:

Hey Ragir,update on the matter, I've sett all graphics to low,rendering resolution to 0, to the lowest, resoluton to 800x600 and i left cpu performance boost turned on but still the same,after a while on both warzone small and warzone large,i get the same ,,your connection to the host has been lost :)

I don't know if team deathmatch is done differently than both warzones in terms of some coding or something like that (honestly don't know anything about that xD) but whatever settings i chose team deathmatch works and warzones don't,just wanted to let you know :)

• Like 1

This helps us a lot either way, thanks for your time and effort, it will get fixed once and for all as soon as we can reproduce it on our side.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ragir said:

This helps us a lot either way, thanks for your time and effort, it will get fixed once and for all as soon as we can reproduce it on our side.

And thank you,and whole farm51 team for working hard on this :)

In like 10 minutes i'm off to work,but as soon as I come back I'll keep digging to se what i can find and report back as soon as i find anything :)
Cheers ^^

22 hours ago, Inigo Wilson said:

Can you take interest to watch video. Here is your solution.

Watch- 

Also Calculate WiFi Speed Test.

LOL SPEEDTEST 🤣

1st Maybe read before posting crap???  Was Posted November 27, 2018 it is fixed also only a few had this.

2nd WiFi Speed test 🙈 i recommend LAN connection for FPS games

3rd Use a correct Speedtest that is close to you maybe one of these

https://www.speedtest.net

http://www.dslreports.com/ this also shows the bufferbloat

This is a test i made with DSL Reports grafik.thumb.png.25725422008de57136012b3539976b1b.png

grafik.png

• Like 1