-Bl1tzTurk-

Some hardware / software related questions

Hi,

First of all, what is CPU Performance Boost in the settings menu that is added with the recent patch? Because when i turn it off, the FPS will drop. Why the FPS drops while you have a strong CPU that actually can handle the game well and doesnt need any support to actually have a boost? Also why the FPS getting worse when you lower the graphic settings in the menu? Its a bit the opposite..

My second question is, when will Nvidia/AMD release drivers for better performance for the game? Is this something that must be agreed between the devs and GPU manufacturers?

Before the recent patch i had actually a smooth gameplay. I have still a smooth gameplay but in different areas of the maps i have spike issues. The FPS is above the 60 but it doesnt feel like its above the 60.. 

Thanks! 

• Like 1

Hey Biltzturk,

what are your PC specs? Which graphic settings give you more fps on high?

I agree with the drivers. The Farm 51 should contact AMD and Nvidia to optimize their drivers for WW3 too, like they do for other games also.

In the GameUserSettings.ini ( %localappdata%\WW3\Config ) there are 2 Settings which helped me to make WW3 feel more smooth:

FramerateSmoothingEnabled=Enabled

Dx12Enabled=Enabled

Edited by JupiterRider

6 hours ago, JupiterRider said:

Hey Biltzturk,

what are your PC specs? Which graphic settings give you more fps on high?

I agree with the drivers. The Farm 51 should contact AMD and Nvidia to optimize their drivers for WW3 too, like they do for other games also.

In the GameUserSettings.ini ( %localappdata%\WW3\Config ) there are 2 Settings which helped me to make WW3 feel more smooth:

FramerateSmoothingEnabled=Enabled

Dx12Enabled=Enabled

Hello, I play now on high settings because on ultra i have a lot spikes. I have a i5 7600K running at 4.5Ghz and a RX 480 4GB + 16GB ram, win 10. 

The game feels overall smooth expect i spike on different moments. 

In FPS games i try to avoid many settings that can create some input lag. With frameratesmoothing etc. you can feel a bit input lag which effects my aim.

Also it would be nice to have a ''reset'' option for grahpics in the menu. 

On 11/25/2018 at 12:49 AM, -Bl1tzTurk- said:

First of all, what is CPU Performance Boost in the settings menu that is added with the recent patch? Because when i turn it off, the FPS will drop. Why the FPS drops while you have a strong CPU that actually can handle the game well and doesnt need any support to actually have a boost?

This setting is enabling future frame rendering which splits the CPU load over 2 frames. This means your CPU is still bottlenecking you, even though you might think that's not the case.

The easiest way too see what is the problem is to enable the fps counter in-game and seeing if the Draw component is close to GPU. If it is - draw time on the CPU is too long and GPU is waiting for it.

Also, tak manager reporting lower than 100% CPU usage is not accurate. CPU will bottleneck when one of the thread (99% of the time it's the main thread) is running at 100%. This forces other threads to wait on it, resulting in lower overall usage, but that's still CPU bottleneck.

We will be optimizing the game's CPU usage, mainly by improvements to collision calculations, level streaming and object culling, merging meshes and so on.

• Like 2

On 11/26/2018 at 6:34 PM, Ragir said:

This setting is enabling future frame rendering which splits the CPU load over 2 frames. This means your CPU is still bottlenecking you, even though you might think that's not the case.

The easiest way too see what is the problem is to enable the fps counter in-game and seeing if the Draw component is close to GPU. If it is - draw time on the CPU is too long and GPU is waiting for it.

Also, tak manager reporting lower than 100% CPU usage is not accurate. CPU will bottleneck when one of the thread (99% of the time it's the main thread) is running at 100%. This forces other threads to wait on it, resulting in lower overall usage, but that's still CPU bottleneck.

We will be optimizing the game's CPU usage, mainly by improvements to collision calculations, level streaming and object culling, merging meshes and so on.

I tried. Draw and  GPU comes in most cases close together.. Is this the case why i have bad performance? 

How can i fix this? 

I5 7600K @4.5Ghz
RX 480 4GB 

10 hours ago, -Bl1tzTurk- said:

Draw and  GPU comes in most cases close together.. Is this the case why i have bad performance? 

Yes, and don't worry - everyone has. We are in the process of optimizing the game and it will get much better with time.

1 hour ago, Ragir said:

Yes, and don't worry - everyone has. We are in the process of optimizing the game and it will get much better with time.

Thanks man!