Sign in to follow this  
nubbits

Being forced to stop playing this great game

I really love the idea of this game. When I happened to join the last round of public testing, I thought it was amazing, and clicked buy as soon as early access hit. Through the first week, though, a huge chunk of the playerbase left, due to the loading screen error (yes, it was fixed, but there are many players who have not come back). Even watching all this I decided to stick it out. After all, it was a fairly ambitious project, and you guys deserved some time. However, ever since the launch of 0.2, there's such a small amount of people playing at peak time in the AS/OC region that often my matches run with over 500ms latency due to having to connect to a server too far away. I still love the game, and the fixes the devs have made are really good, but it's now gotten to the point where I've dropped $28US on a game I can't even play. And unless TF51 actually tries to get some streamers on board, or trying to promote this game in the Asia region, it's going to continue to be a failure.

TL;DR: Love this game, but latency now so bad I can't play

• Thanks 1

I think the most of us got this problem... Personally, I get frequently killed because of a lag, or my sniper bullets just don't touch my target because my ping is going up. I'm never under 90 ping when I got on other games 13/40 ping max. And my ping never stay at 90. It's always moving from 90 to 150/200 giving me lags in game... I just love the game so I don't care but it's really boring tbh

• Like 1

I picked this game up prior to the last two patches and enjoyed it as best I could given the various performance issues..thought i'd wait a patch or so before jumping back in. Even bought the game for a friend. However, with the addition of TDM it's the only mode that seems to have players, I've had one game of the 'regular' game mode which is what I want to play. I'm pretty sure adding another mode is a mistake considering how low the player count is, what were the devs thinking?

• Sad 1