HeWhoFallsALot

My Thoughts...

Hey, everybody.

So, I've only had WW3 for about a week and I have 14 hours played so I'm still a newbie but I'm having a lot of fun with the game (so much so that I've stopped playing COD BO4 and probably won't buy BF5). The devs seem super open to feedback and I think that's great so I thought I'd share some of my thoughts on the direction of this game. Feel free to agree or disagree but I'm not looking for a debate, just sharing my perspective.

MINOR SUGGESTIONS

- Adding damage numbers to guns... The stats listed for weapons are awesome (weight, spread, recoil, ect...) but the key detail missing from these figures is damage. I'd like to know this information so that i can decide which weapon I want to buy. The TOR has like double the weight of the other snipers but similar RPM of first sniper you get. Does it do more damage? I have no way of knowing for sure without spending $16,000 and trying it out.

- Preview guns... I definitely think you should be able to preview a gun without buying it. This seems obvious. If I click on a gun in the menu it shouldn't instantly buy it. It should allow me to see the gun and look at the stats so I can then decide if I want to buy it.

- Name of map on loading screen... Estates, Summit, Rust, Terminal. These are all old Call of Duty maps that I remember the name of ONLY because I could see the name of the map as I was loading in. This will make people feel more connected to the map when they're able to say "i love xxx map" instead of saying "I love the map with the shopping mall".

- Progression... I LOVE games with progression. I grind COD of all games just to get golden guns because it's something to achieve. But just leveling up my character isn't enough to grind for. Give me some other things to progress towards and you'll ensure my continued play-time. (but maybe that's just me)

MAJOR SUGGESTIONS

- Firing Range... I would love to see a firing range or training location that I can go with any loadout to try the weapons/attachments before buying them.

- Battle Point distribution - I've been the squad leader of like 66% of the games I've played in and I love it. But I've noticed that Squad Leaders make WAY MORE BPs than their squad members, meaning that they are the only person realistically able to call in IFVs or Tanks. I agree that they should make more for setting effective goals that are carried out but the members of the squad are going to get far fewer BPs then the leader and likely won't ever get to use those higher-tiered strikes. For that reason, I think you should either adjust BP distribution to allow squad members to get more BPs (but this could result in an undesirable amount of vehicles) or give each player a set of strikes for when their squad leader and a different set for when they're not squad leader. That way, if I'm not the squad leader I can have 4 supportive (low-tiered) strikes at my disposal that I'll actually get a chance to use. (I hope that all makes sense... haha)

- Balancing... Lastly, I've noticed that if a team has just 4 more players (18 vs 22) the team with more players just DESTROYS! I've been on the losing team multiple times in these situations and true, the enemy team could just be far superior, but once a team has taken 7/8 nodes and you're down 4 players.. it's game over. I feel you could easily combat this buy giving an extra IFV to the losing team (but again, this could result in an undesirable amount of vehicles) OR you could allow a team that is very behind to spawn in a more forward location. If my team has a1 and the enemy team has a2-d2 then maybe let us spawn at a2 in order to maintain some momentum and allow us a more diverse strategy.

So anyway... sorry for the long post. But I'm super passionate about this game so far and I think it has a lot of potential. Thank you, Farm 51, for the awesome game and for being open to feedback. See you fellas in the fight!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HeWhoFallsALot said:

you could allow a team that is very behind to spawn in a more forward location

This is already the case, temporary spawns are popping when your team doesn"t hold any point, it doesn't stay very long and sadly never helped (in my experience) to shift the balance of the battle.

Preview guns... I definitely think you should be able to preview a gun without buying it. This seems obvious. If I click on a gun in the menu it shouldn't instantly buy it. It should allow me to see the gun and look at the stats so I can then decide if I want to buy it.

This is coming, it will be available, some day ;)

Progression... I LOVE games with progression. I grind COD of all games just to get golden guns because it's something to achieve. But just leveling up my character isn't enough to grind for. Give me some other things to progress towards and you'll ensure my continued play-time. (but maybe that's just me)

Ragir said this about the other currency that you can't use yet :

On 11/28/2018 at 11:11 AM, Ragir said:

It's not a leftover, it's a currency we're planning on using as a community currency. For activity on the forums, Discord server, Twitch chat (once we start streaming) and overall being a positive person in the community, we plan on awarding this currency to people. You will also gain it by playing. Once all our systems are in place, uniforms and non-gameplay cosmetic items will be purchasable using this currency.

It will also have some other uses, but that's a secret for now.

At some point (after the game is fully released), if the community wants it, we could start selling it, but that's so far away that there are no plans yet, it's on the table since people that don't have much time asked about it. We will not, however, sell gameplay-related items ever, if this happens, it will only be cosmetic.

Hope this clears it up :)

Name of map on loading screen... Estates, Summit, Rust, Terminal. These are all old Call of Duty maps that I remember the name of ONLY because I could see the name of the map as I was loading in. This will make people feel more connected to the map when they're able to say "i love xxx map" instead of saying "I love the map with the shopping mall".

This is a good idea, have to admit that i recognized myself when you said "I love the map with the shopping mall" !

Lastly, About the BP distribution, quite love it the way it is, it brings a good dynamic to teamplay by putting more responsabilities to the squad leader. Even when i am a "simple" squad member i am capable of calling useful strikes, from times to times i actually have more BP than some others squad leaders x)

Thanks for the time you took to bring to us and the devs your feedback.

Let's keep this community positive and constructive :D 

Yeah, I've seen the temporary spawns before. But, like you, they don't seem to have much impact on things. That's why I suggested something like allowing immediate spawning into the nearest enemy controlled objective. If the enemy team has 8/8 capped I don't think that would be unfair.

I mostly agree with you about the BP distribution. I think that the game has a healthy amount of strikes called in. Especially vehicles, they're somewhat scarce and therefore very valuable. And like you, I also do better than some squad leaders at times. I'm usually towards the top of the scoreboard (not bragging... just adding to the point) but even if that is the case I'm not likely to call in a UAV or C-UAV if I'm gunning to get that tank. Ya know? But if there was a customized strike set that was available to non-squad members than I think it could be more tailored to supportive/low-tiered strikes. That way I would be more likely to call in supportive strikes and help out the team more.