We launched the PTE for upcoming update 0.3 - check out how to get in! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Fukaziroh

Changing up progression

The progression seriously needs to be changed up. As a person who works full time and wants to play games in enjoyment and not to grind stuff I find it really annoying after a full game not being even able to purchase a new gun. The progression needs to fastened up alot, either in reducing the ingame prices of items or increasing the amount of money gained. In Battlefield Hardline for example (Where the progression system is done right) after a full match you can buy a few guns, vehicle upgrades and some attachments.

• Confused 2
  • Angry 1

Uhm no. Did you even level up yet ? Playing 2 games to unlock a weapon is not "grinding".

• Like 3

Hardcore game? Why even have progression if you can get everything in a couple of matches.

The progression gives people something to work for and its not like you need to buy guns they all are pretty close balance wise. Most people have barely used the gun they are given but want a something new to use which they will get bored in one match.

After a match you can get some attachments.

It helps pace out the game so you are pushed to used different things.

31 minutes ago, Tweak said:

Uhm no. Did you even level up yet ? Playing 2 games to unlock a weapon is not "grinding".

Depends on what do you mean by 2 games, I played 3 Games of TDM for example, and wasn't able to afford one of the assault rifles. Playing 2 Games of War is grindy, as these take about an hour together, Me and many people don't have that time to do so I play about 1 maybe 2 hours before hoping off for the day to sleep.

32 minutes ago, TZoningHard said:

Hardcore game? Why even have progression if you can get everything in a couple of matches.

The progression gives people something to work for and its not like you need to buy guns they all are pretty close balance wise. Most people have barely used the gun they are given but want a something new to use which they will get bored in one match.

After a match you can get some attachments.

It helps pace out the game so you are pushed to used different things.

I don't want to have something to work for, I already worked for the money that I used to buy this game. And I want to use different guns, not to be more effective as the MSBS does that fine, but to have something look nicer because using the same gun over and over gets boring for me.

"Pushed to use different things" No, thats completly wrong. Usually developers put a progression system into games to make it appeal to the "I only play to unlock things" Gamers aka those who play for the progression and not for the gameplay. Progression systems are really one of the worst things added into Modern Multiplayer shooters to keep "these" players in their game to hold up the playerbase.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fukaziroh said:

after a full match you can buy a few guns, vehicle upgrades and some attachments.

Oh hell no, no thanks, that's not right lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fukaziroh said:

"Pushed to use different things" No, thats completly wrong. Usually developers put a progression system into games to make it appeal to the "I only play to unlock things" Gamers aka those who play for the progression and not for the gameplay. Progression systems are really one of the worst things added into Modern Multiplayer shooters to keep "these" players in their game to hold up the playerbase.

That's so true. Progression in MP Shooters is the worst pseudo content imo

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fukaziroh said:

Depends on what do you mean by 2 games, I played 3 Games of TDM for example, and wasn't able to afford one of the assault rifles. Playing 2 Games of War is grindy, as these take about an hour together, Me and many people don't have that time to do so I play about 1 maybe 2 hours before hoping off for the day to sleep.

I don't want to have something to work for, I already worked for the money that I used to buy this game. And I want to use different guns, not to be more effective as the MSBS does that fine, but to have something look nicer because using the same gun over and over gets boring for me.

When players play for hundreds or thousands of hours it helps to have goals to keep interest. Play a couple games and you will have plenty of money there is no issue.

If you play for gameplay then you should have the money to buy everything. Just work for it dont be casual and ask for everything to be handed to you.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TZoningHard said:

When players play for hundreds or thousands of hours it helps to have goals to keep interest. Play a couple games and you will have plenty of money there is no issue.

If you play for gameplay then you should have the money to buy everything. Just work for it dont be casual and ask for everything to be handed to you.

I have played a few games yesterday, which were 2 times War and the 3 rounds of TDM I spoke of earlier, I got a total of around 20k~ for playing for about 1.5h which is nothing. 

Stop trying to talk the progression system good, systems like these especially slow ones are really stupid. You are a new player with a good mindset of playing this game and hop into a game where somebody is like about 10 levels higher than you but you have similar skill as them, well guessing who will win about 90% of the time is the guy who is 10 levels higher because of first having more experience in how the game works and also having better gear than them making a first person shooter seems like an MMORPG.

If gameplay isn't something that keeps you in interest to keep playing the game and you are only interested by a level/money system that allows you unlock things then maybe you shouldn't go play FPS games afterall and maybe go to a game like "Cookie Clicker" where you also unlock so much stuff by just clicking on a cookie.

10 hours ago, Fukaziroh said:

I have played a few games yesterday, which were 2 times War and the 3 rounds of TDM I spoke of earlier, I got a total of around 20k~ for playing for about 1.5h which is nothing. 

Stop trying to talk the progression system good, systems like these especially slow ones are really stupid. You are a new player with a good mindset of playing this game and hop into a game where somebody is like about 10 levels higher than you but you have similar skill as them, well guessing who will win about 90% of the time is the guy who is 10 levels higher because of first having more experience in how the game works and also having better gear than them making a first person shooter seems like an MMORPG.

If gameplay isn't something that keeps you in interest to keep playing the game and you are only interested by a level/money system that allows you unlock things then maybe you shouldn't go play FPS games afterall and maybe go to a game like "Cookie Clicker" where you also unlock so much stuff by just clicking on a cookie.

Ok first of all, did you even try BF2 ? You had to grind so god damn hard for some of the weapons but when you finally got them it was a really great feeling. One of the best, most rewarding progressions systems ever imo.

With the starting money in WW3 you have enough to buy a good loadout and wreck anybody you want. From there you can choose what you want to try out. If you fkd up with your starting money then you should be even more motivated to play a few games to unlock a weapon you like. I mean I doubt you even played those few games as you claim because when you level up you get loads of cash. I myself think its way too easy to unlock everything right now lol.

And what do you want the devs to do about people having more experience than you ? "Hey let me have everything unlocked from the start or atleast after a few games because I think I would have a better chance against people that are better than me at this game !"

I mean your whole post just shows that you have very little understanding of the game and its mechanics. Levels mean absolutely nothing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tweak said:

Ok first of all, did you even try BF2 ? You had to grind so god damn hard for some of the weapons but when you finally got them it was a really great feeling. One of the best, most rewarding progressions systems ever imo.

With the starting money in WW3 you have enough to buy a good loadout and wreck anybody you want. From there you can choose what you want to try out. If you fkd up with your starting money then you should be even more motivated to play a few games to unlock a weapon you like. I mean I doubt you even played those few games as you claim because when you level up you get loads of cash. I myself think its way too easy to unlock everything right now lol.

And what do you want the devs to do about people having more experience than you ? "Hey let me have everything unlocked from the start or atleast after a few games because I think I would have a better chance against people that are better than me at this game !"

I mean your whole post just shows that you have very little understanding of the game and its mechanics. Levels mean absolutely nothing.

This Level up bonus you speak of is just 10k. Wow... so much... I don't feel good when I unlock something having more the feel off "Finally I got this behind me so I can use my favourite gun after hours" Again modern FPS ruin their games with progression system just to keep these "I play for unlocks" players in their game, games like Insurgency (Sandstorm counts in aswell), DOI, CS:GO, Onward, Pavlov, R6S (If you exclude the starter edition and DLCs) and theres more to count have no unlock system and their games are alive and well and players enjoy them. Unlocking something doesn't keep me motivated to play, the gameplay does. The gameplay feels refreshing and feels good every time I jump in because I could just build my class how I felt like I want it today, hop in have some fun for the time I have and hop off again. Now I am being forced to unlock something I want first so I can play how I want, great. Again this is a suggestion for those like me have like an hour or two to spend a day on playing video games and we obviously want to play the games how we just want and not be hindered by some stupid progression system. Or atleast make it available to get an unlock all for a bit of IRL money which I actually would be happy to spend on just to play the game again everyday how I like again.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I actually like grinding in FPS games and getting new what ever it gives me something to work for so it doesn’t seem well... pointless.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

generally one full game on warzone medium takes around 30-40 minutes depending on how good the teams are, and you get around 1800-2300 silver (ingame cash) so that means you'd have to grind for at least 7 full war zone games so that you could unlock one assault rifle, which is way too long regarding how much everything currently costs in game (usually 5,000+).

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

55 minutes ago, Bepin said:

generally one full game on warzone medium takes around 30-40 minutes depending on how good the teams are, and you get around 1800-2300 silver (ingame cash) so that means you'd have to grind for at least 7 full war zone games so that you could unlock one assault rifle, which is way too long regarding how much everything currently costs in game (usually 5,000+).

My maximum I got out of a warzone medium match was 3.5k while being the top scorer of the team. (And finally somebody who understands my concern). I got one level up after 3 Days because of my minimum time available to play the game.

The level up gave me the ability to one gun I like and a few attachments, what a fast progression /s

14 hours ago, Fukaziroh said:

My maximum I got out of a warzone medium match was 3.5k while being the top scorer of the team. (And finally somebody who understands my concern). I got one level up after 3 Days because of my minimum time available to play the game.

The level up gave me the ability to one gun I like and a few attachments, what a fast progression /s

I play only about 2h per day. Right now i have 20hours of playing WW3. 95% of that time i play TDM. Average income is 2500$ per game and it takes about 15-20min. Right know i am lvl 5. If i remember the level bonus on lvl3 is 15k$.

IMO the progression system is balanced at the moment. After few games and 1-2 levels you can buy gun what u want.

• Like 3

I have no idea what you guys are on about, maybe the rewards for being top of the scoreboard is way more than being on the bottom. I always find myself sitting at alot of cash, then spend it for yolo and in notime I have it back already. And I barely played anything since the 0.2 patch.

This is the first iteration of progression system, and it's not even close to be finalized. You can see that on the Roadmap there are second and third iterations planned for the future :)

• Thanks 1

On 12/5/2018 at 11:09 PM, TZoningHard said:

Yeah I got too much cash.

On 12/5/2018 at 3:02 PM, Tweak said:

I have no idea what you guys are on about, maybe the rewards for being top of the scoreboard is way more than being on the bottom. I always find myself sitting at alot of cash, then spend it for yolo and in notime I have it back already. And I barely played anything since the 0.2 patch.

Yea you got the time to spend on the game, I don't. I am performing about slightly above the average player sometimes also reaching top on the scoreboard, yet my maximum amount I got per game was ~3.5k. I want to see a game where you get soooo much of the cash you speak of without putting over 5 hours over multiple matches.

17 hours ago, Ragir said:

This is the first iteration of progression system, and it's not even close to be finalized. You can see that on the Roadmap there are second and third iterations planned for the future :)

Thanks I hope it could be considered to make it easier for players like me with not much time or atleast offer an paid full unlock, so we can enjoy the game like we did previously.

2 hours ago, Fukaziroh said:

Thanks I hope it could be considered to make it easier for players like me with not much time or atleast offer an paid full unlock, so we can enjoy the game like we did previously.

I myself am one of those players and many of us are - we work long hours and have adult things to do, so this is a problem for us at the studio as well. Paid full unlock is something I personally think is a good idea, but it's not ideal. We are designing with both people that have a lot of time and people that don't in mind.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fukaziroh said:

Yea you got the time to spend on the game, I don't. I am performing about slightly above the average player sometimes also reaching top on the scoreboard, yet my maximum amount I got per game was ~3.5k. I want to see a game where you get soooo much of the cash you speak of without putting over 5 hours over multiple matches.

I think we should make gameplay elements very affordable for all players. Bodyparts, visuals, skins should be more expensive and/or hard to get, so players that like to grind for visuals, have some challenge and feeling of accomplishment by overcoming those challenges.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morp said:

I think we should make gameplay elements very affordable for all players. Bodyparts, visuals, skins should be more expensive and/or hard to get, so players that like to grind for visuals, have some challenge and feeling of accomplishment by overcoming those challenges.

That sounds great! Sorry if you don't like comparing in between games but that approach is similar to battlefield Hardline which lets you buy a few guns (depending which) some attachments and vehicle upgrades after a single game of conquest while the cosmetics (usually camos, player outfit and vehicle color) are extremely highly priced and can take up to hours to unlock.

This really would please us players who don't have much time to work for all the gameplay elements and those who just like to grind. Thanks for trying to make up ideas to solve this problem on both sides! 

Edited by Fukaziroh
  • Like 2