Devyx

Micro transactions and WW3?

Payable extra services?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see player-rented servers in the game?

2. 2. Microtransactions?

• Yes, but nothing game-changing
    • No.
    • I don't really care

Microtransactions that only are focused on visuals like @ranmoru456 present is "BIG OK" for me.

21 hours ago, Ragir said:

I'd also like to ask for your opinion on an option for unlocking everything for people that don't want to take part in the grind. I myself don't have much time to play and for me the unlocks will take a lot of time, especially if we start to add new stuff. For me getting everything unlocked forever is a good way of keeping me in the game- but what's your opinion?

Maybe solution for this is making every single gun free for everyone but modifications are still for in-game cash (maybe little more cost).

WIPE PROBLEM: after a wipe the cost of guns/modifications can be a 50% price off for about a week.

On 12/6/2018 at 10:11 AM, Ragir said:

Lemme jump in for a bit, as I think I might shed some light on the situation.

We're not really planning what to do with micritransactions right now. We have a vague plan on possibly selling camo patterns and visual customization items and we had this plan even sine we decided to not make WW3 a F2P game. This decision was done mostly because we kept having to design around it and it was not going to result in a balanced game - so we scrapped this idea and went with a half price model with additional gameplay content available for everyone.

This approach is very player-friendly, but at the same time, keeping the company up is very costly, server cost is marginal compared to salaries for ~60 people (do the math yourself how much each month goes out in salaries). Then there's the cost of software, building upkeep and so on, so we need to make money somehow to stay afloat after everyone has bought WW3 and is only playing.

This is where a fair and balanced microtransaction model could come in. We want to keep working on this game for a long time and keep adding new stuff and supporting it. As we said, we don't want to sell items or gameplay elements, but when it comes to cosmetics - they don't change gameplay (we keep all skins mostly realistic and subdued, so there's no bright pink 'funny' stuff).

I'd also like to ask for your opinion on an option for unlocking everything for people that don't want to take part in the grind. I myself don't have much time to play and for me the unlocks will take a lot of time, especially if we start to add new stuff. For me getting everything unlocked forever is a good way of keeping me in the game- but what's your opinion?

I don't love the idea of allowing people to use real currency to unlock weapons/armor/vehicles etc.. The way the currency system works now, it is not that difficult to grind enough currency to unlock enough items for a full load out of your preference. It may take a lot of time to unlock EVERYTHING, but unlocking everything is not necessary to enjoy/be good at the game. You really only need one or two full loadouts and you're good to go, especially if you're a casual player who plays maybe a few hours a week. Over time, you'll still grind enough currency to unlock other things. But if you don't play often, I don't see the need to have everything unlocked. I understand completely that it would be nice to do so and have it there, but I don't like the 'pay 2 win' concept.

Cosmetic micro-transactions? Sure. Unique weapon skins, armor skins, maybe colored tracer rounds, etc..

I think a season pass model for new maps, guns, etc. post release is the way to go (maybe needing to be renewed every 6 or 12 months depending on the cost). This will not guarantee constant revenue, but it would hopefully bolster funds enough to make it profitable for everyone and would ideally be a revenue generator once or twice a year.

What about players renting servers from T51? T51 could charge a $2 or $3 upcharge per server on top of what it costs the company to maintain them (assuming it's a monthly rental) and maybe in return the player gets some sort of special admin interface/console that allows them to mess with the game's settings a bit? 

Also, I'll PayPal T51 $10 right now if you release the server browser. ? Maybe we can get a bunch of people to pledge $10 for it now. 

On 12/6/2018 at 6:11 PM, Ragir said:

Meh.. what a turn off.

On 12/6/2018 at 4:11 PM, Ragir said:

I don't have a lot of time to play also but that's not a problem for me to slowly progress through the game. Microtransactions are a bad idea and bring "bad blood" to community. As far as I'm aware all you have to do to earn credits and to buy gear is to play matches. It's not that hard and bad :) In  BF4 you've had to earn i.e. 150kills to earn a good attachment and that sometimes could be tricky. It's not in WW3 ... yet

On 12/6/2018 at 3:11 PM, Ragir said:

I see the logic in it and given that the weapons are quite balanced I don't have a problem with it, but I guarantee people will kick up a fuss about it, bomb reviews, write articles about it, etc. People will try to claim that you can gain an advantage even when you can't, or that grinding to unlock everything that can be bought will take X hours and it's unfair even if you don't need everything you can unlock. Maybe you could get around this by only allowing certain items to be bought, like for example don't allow new guns or vehicle additions to be bought, but red dots, lasers and other mods maybe are fine. You could also allow the purchase of boosters that speed up progression, with possibly some boosters being given for free at rank 5/10/20/whatever so that they're not a purchase only item.

I think allowing cosmetics to be bought via microtransactions is a solid approach that few will have issue with.

10 hours ago, Cral said:

You could also allow the purchase of boosters that speed up progression, with possibly some boosters being given for free at rank 5/10/20/whatever so that they're not a purchase only item.

That's kinda the same thing, only less convenient for the player tbh, but I get your line of thinking, it does seem less like buying power.

11 hours ago, Slav83 said:

I don't have a lot of time to play also but that's not a problem for me to slowly progress through the game. Microtransactions are a bad idea and bring "bad blood" to community. As far as I'm aware all you have to do to earn credits and to buy gear is to play matches. It's not that hard and bad :) In  BF4 you've had to earn i.e. 150kills to earn a good attachment and that sometimes could be tricky. It's not in WW3 ... yet

Well we didn't want a system where to get a certain weapon part you have to jump through hoops. What if you really want that eotech on your ak? But it requires 1000 of kills or level 50? That's BS. It doesn't really push you to try new stuff, because new stuff is hard to get and then you have to unlock stuff for it. We've got better ideas on how to do additional challenges and unlocks without locking stuff up.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ragir said:

That's kinda the same thing, only less convenient for the player tbh, but I get your line of thinking, it does seem less like buying power.

Yeah I agree they're very similar, but the perception seems to be that buying actual weapons and attachments means pay to win but buying boosters is accepted.

• Like 1

I'm all for micro transactions if they're for weapon skins,customization, and soldier uniforms, but for unlocking new weapons I strongly disagree with

• Like 3

I would say p4conveince can be p2w and it was a big issue for a good amount of people to say that planetside 2 was p2w because membership.

There's people out there that would say p2w is only buying power that you can't get though playing the game even if it would take you thousands of hours. Then it ranges down to buying convenience items is p2w since your time is now more efficiently used or any advantage gained by paying irl money into the game.

P4conveince in some games is pretty p2w for sure and some are intentionally designed to be p2w though convenience.

Even camo could be considered p2w for some people.

boosters get buy easier but I would think that special alternatives for some weapon skins could be worked in along with maybe membership and cosmetics. I would be ok with giving away some free cosmetics in the beginning levels but the charging for them but with a huge in game currancy price tag.

You could have a rental function to test out a weapon between a hour or two once per 21 hours. so casual players can try out and use different guns with out grinding.

• Like 2

My WW3 was ~16$. It's too cheap for a game I'm playing 200+ hours and still nowhere near to be bored.

I have few $ in my Steam acc, but can't find a way to donate them to T51. So, I'm not against microtransactions that don't affect balance. I'm for microtransactions that give you Early Access for upcoming events(maps, weapons), that will be free for all few weeks later. Even if it's buggy. I consider it as "thank you" to developers.

5 hours ago, tynblpb said:

My WW3 was ~16$. It's too cheap for a game I'm playing 200+ hours and still nowhere near to be bored.

I have few $ in my Steam acc, but can't find a way to donate them to T51. So, I'm not against microtransactions that don't affect balance. I'm for microtransactions that give you Early Access for upcoming events(maps, weapons), that will be free for all few weeks later. Even if it's buggy. I consider it as "thank you" to developers.

Any game that you play an hour per dollar/euro spent is worth it for me.

And I got at least 3 hours per euro spent.

On 12/3/2018 at 7:34 AM, Grey Wolf Jack said:

Microtransactions for skins is a good thing. Who's opposed to that and why? Wouldn't you want pay $2 for a cool skin for your stealthbomber or tank?

WADAFUK !!!

For skins ?!! anyhow.... that's a BAD IDEA a NO, NO.

with all due respects but ....

Are you ...? ?!!!  

Much Better , give us the tools for MOD an SDK so we can build our own skins and Mod OUR GAME  !!

We have some pretty good talent in here and great ideas, that can prolong the life of our GAME for many years to come !!

CHEERS

P.S.

F@k microtransactions !!

• Angry 2

I really want to know how do people think that buying cash is a good thing since there have been announced wipes ? If the cash that people bought actually stays on the account and the cash that people grinded dissapears, this game will die very, VERY fast.

A better idea would be the boosters and just making the skins buyable with cash.

I think microtransactions are a bad idea, especially for a game this young, I can't believe that this is already a topic that is being covered.How about concerning yourselves with actually fixing a ton of in-game problems instead of whether it will be skins, boosters or in-game cash ( hard earned cash ) that are included in micros.

Cheers !

• Like 1

Got to blow money on frivolous things in order to feel good about my self tho. People are to willing to throw money round now a days.

We wont have micro trans till full release for sure guaranteed. We can figure out the best way to get more funding for the game that falls into the guidelines of no p2w and no paid DLC till then.

plenty of discussion on why boosters can be seen as p2w, on how new releasing items/content can lead to over poweredness in order to drive sells, how gating content behind a pay wall pisses people off and splits the community, and on the ethicalness of all of  it.

I missed the old  days were I bought a game and got to play it with out the worry of needing to buy micro trans or even seeing micro trans. But with the way this game is and if we want more maps and more content over the years we are gonna need to be giving them revenue some how after release. Some companies have money set aside from sells to use for support and continual service as to keep up their end of the deal of keeping the game a live for play and to bring in new customers but that wont be good enough to produce more content.

New maps like Smolensk take 6 months and the actual part of the production chain it is in right now is cleaning up and about ot move in to placing more assets and textures right now.

New guns take about a a month maybe and new vehicles seem to take about 2 months but there is a production chain and it might have 2-3 vehicles in the chain even tho it takes 2 months for each to be finished.

• Like 1

I would pay money for cosmetic items.

It would be cool to have everything unlocked and to add in maybe weekly challenge modes or something along those lines. Something to keep it interesting and fresh. A new thing to always push for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/8/2018 at 5:37 PM, Ragir said:

Well we didn't want a system where to get a certain weapon part you have to jump through hoops. What if you really want that eotech on your ak? But it requires 1000 of kills or level 50? That's BS. It doesn't really push you to try new stuff, because new stuff is hard to get and then you have to unlock stuff for it. We've got better ideas on how to do additional challenges and unlocks without locking stuff up.

image.thumb.png.a581f6f6345c5267da73a8403c333c74.png

What is about WW3 inventory page in steam? If u add outfits, new parts models, skins etc. And people will buy/sell them, will u have % from sales inventory items ?

• Like 1

On 12/24/2018 at 6:43 PM, HALCON4 said:

WADAFUK !!!

For skins ?!! anyhow.... that's a BAD IDEA a NO, NO.

with all due respects but ....

Are you ...? ?!!!  

Much Better , give us the tools for MOD an SDK so we can build our own skins and Mod OUR GAME  !!

We have some pretty good talent in here and great ideas, that can prolong the life of our GAME for many years to come !!

CHEERS

P.S.

F@k microtransactions !!

y do u not like micro transmissions???/ r u bad in the head/ microtransactuns are good for company to maken money they make lot. dont say hate anymre becaus skins are good for a gaem money.

• Haha 2

On 12/27/2018 at 5:07 AM, Adroit and Blithe said:

y do u not like micro transmissions???/ r u bad in the head/ microtransactuns are good for company to maken money they make lot. dont say hate anymre becaus skins are good for a gaem money.

I dont know what are microtransactuns  ??!  ?

But....

Do you like microtransactions buddy ? and Grey Wolf too ? ok then you guys are a little LOCO,  lol !!?  and not really informed about  how they work and milk your pocket with an incomplete game.

Please refrain to answer back again, becasue, I can see you really dont understand how the Multimedia Products function now a days and how this will affect the game industry on the long run and to the REAL gaming community, not just to a couple-few FANBOYS, with no  ? BRAINS , lol .

OMG , here ;

If you have time to read and if you are " interested to learn something " new today , dont scan it ok , read it, ? maybe you can learn a couple of things here , :) 

Gaming companies are raking it in. EA earned 1.68 billion (with a B) with microtransactions alone (source). Ubisoft actually makes more money with microtransactions then with digital sales (source).

How is this possible you might say? Well, the short answer is that gamers (and as a gamer I hate to admit it) are kinda stupid. We all rage when a game developer announces that microtransactions are going to be implemented in our favorite game but when all is said and done we all rush to throw our money at the screen.

The best example is when Destiny announced they were going to introduce microtransactions into the game. The whole Destiny community rose up, ranted, raved, threatened to leave the game if ever such a foul thing would ever ensue.
But the day after the update that introduced the new vendor where you could buy the microtransaction goodies everyone and their momma was showing off their freshly bought stuff. Bungie made and is still making mad money through their microtransactions and most likely will never stop doing so.

NOW

But there is a catch...game developers are not implementing these features out of the goodness of their hearts and it is not as user friendly as it might seem. The most popular version implemented is the loot box or mystery package. This is a reward that you can buy but where you don't know what you are going to get.

Let's say for example you are desperately trying to get that kick-ass outfit for your character but haven't been able to even after putting 100+ hours into the game. You will probably be frustrated and because you really like this game and really want that outfit you will do anything to get it. Well this is where the loot box comes in. You can buy a package (contents unknown) which gives you a chance to "earn" said outfit. However there are no guarantees that you will get it. ....Hey, you might say to yourself.... it's only 1 dollar. So you roll the dice (literally) and go for it, and again and again and again until you get what you want.

This is exactly what the game developer is counting on.

You see there is a reason why you weren't able to get the object you desired after putting so much time into the game, they wanted you to buy those loot boxes and that reason behind it is plain and simple.

They wanted your cash.

( So, to be profitable, game companies need to milk their games for more money — but they can't raise the price of the game itself without risking backlash from consumers. That's where microtransactions and downloadable content come into play. )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------     ?   ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats why ....and asking  it again PLEASE FARM51 !!   Better give us, and to the community and most important to the members that we KNOW how to CREATE and use the proper tools for  MODDING !!

Tools and SDK so we can build , Design, CREATE our own skins weapons, etc. so the game ( your Project WW3 multimedia Product ) our game, our investment, GROWS and give us more years of enjoyment. is not what you wanted FARM 51 ??  ! to be this  "our Game" ?

We Did this with ARMA series and we continue and the developers support us ! !!  We will love to do this with WW3 !!

-----------------------------------------------

I hope. you guys Grey Wolf and Adroit and Blithe can understand now why my Position and of my whole Team is. 

( and no @Adroit and Blithe,  I'm not bad in the head  - LOL - I think you are ?   !!

------------------------------------------------

We do not support micro-transactions ,because we really understand how it works, we strive for a more innovative creative approach for multimedia Products .

Education, the best weapon for innovative results and progress.

Period .

Enough of this  ??

KING REGARDS.

Edited by HALCON4
Regards
  • Angry 1

Why would a rational person what to be put in the situation of paying for something they shouldn't have to, or have the game designed around selling you more shit, or lessen other aspects of the game, or is a mechanic in the game.

Try to keep spending IRL money out of the game as much as possible. It sucks that the game would need more funding afterwards and we would have to suffer with the game not being as great as it could so we can get more content and support.

Im so fucking tired of micro transaction and scams and attempts to milk and scheming all to try and get me to spend IRL money. Even if I dont spend a cent I'm still affected since so many mainstream people dont care enough or have the will power to make a stand. To have self sacrifice of not gaining from being taken advantage of.

Any type of spending hurts my enjoyment now a days. I would love to throw money at developers I like with very very few being remotely good enough for that but I rather not be buying shit that should of never been in game, been a part of the game with out any aspect of IRL money, been better, or been souly earned instead of bought.

It would be hard for F51 since ever form of microtrans has negatives even cosmetics. I probably could never bring my self to buy any cosmetics out of disgust for my self doing so. If a really cool skin is for sell then why would I want it It has no value for me any more I see no reason to go after it but in game you will see all the sheep talking about new x blah blah for sell and how the need it then have the couple of people brag about buying it.

I really want to support WW3 and F51 but micro trans and buying stuff hurts the experience for me even tho it might be needed for funding.

A company making money is not good for me. Half the time they are scamming and milking people. Microtransactions have been the single most ruinous thing in gaming. Main stream sheep are the reason we cant have nice things and have to wait for indie devs to make a passion project which is hit or miss.

Im not gonna get it but I just want a game that I can play with out seeing any sort of paying IRL outside the box price, I personally dont care if I got ot pay several hundred if I can get my monies worth but never spend dime afterwards or have special tiers or have the game built around IRL money.

Edited by TZoningHard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

On 12/29/2018 at 12:55 PM, Adroit and Blithe said:

do u hate migro transactins becaus u r poor or r u hate becuas they remind u of real life and you don like you real life??

Jez mate stop being so rude and if you don't know English start using google translator or something. Everyone have his own opinion about this and you have to accept it.

Back to the topic:

On 12/26/2018 at 7:23 AM, StayPrunk said:

I would pay money for cosmetic items.

It would be cool to have everything unlocked and to add in maybe weekly challenge modes or something along those lines. Something to keep it interesting and fresh. A new thing to always push for. 

I have the same feel about MT as StayPrunk. I can pay for cosmetic but nothing changing gameplay. For those who are negative to this i can say only one thing. This is my money so i can do with it what i want. If i want to pay 2$ for skin to a soldier or rifle i can. That all from me.

o7

Well it does alter gameplay directly even just a lil but the big issue is what its altering which you cant see such as methods to get you to spend more money whihc greatly affect the game.

Even cosmetics affect the game in a manner of adjusting or putting additional mechanics into the game for those cosmetics and other systems. The main issue is consumers versus supply and demand.

I in no way trust the players to have the will power to boycott cashshop if a dev in general does wrong. In every situation Ive seen the pub/dev gets away with murder piratically since they get a steady source of income from whales and microtrans.

Also its supply and demand many studios know they are a monopoly for the micro transactions and product crappy skins and withholding some cosmetics till a uproar on purpose and sell them for 15-40 bucks.

I trust these devs but a valuable part is good consumerism and holding devs to a standard which means self sacrifice and will power to not give them money and to put pressure on other players to do the same so we can have a good standard. I do not trust players to have the will power and willingness to self sacrifice on spending in order to push for a better game or better products.

Supply and demand works well with multiple suppliers but with on single supplier the concept backfires as it then relies on consumers to not buy the supply in order to produce artificial demand for better products.

This is other people's game as well they would want a say in what goes on and as consumers they have a voice in how they will continue spending or how they will review this game. If its a public area you just dont get to say its my money ill do with what I want on this public area. Other people are still effected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@TZoningHard

@HALCON4

Unlike cool skins, I do not buy your reasoning. The only micro-transactions I make are for non-pay-to-win indie games, and I have full faith in The Farm 51 in keeping the micro-transactions completely non-pay-to-win and strictly aesthetic. I see micro-transactions as charitable donations that reward me with cool aesthetics. The best sort of Instant Karma, eh?

I spend an average of $10 a week on skins for Rust (New batch released every Thursday) and I really, really enjoy each and every skin I get. That's as much as the average person spends on McDonald's in one sitting.. maybe even less, except these non-edible skins are non-toxic and actually make me and my friends happy for longer than 30 minutes (I can skin objects for my friends to make bases/weapons/outfits look cooler indefinitely). Not only am I supporting the Rust developers, but I've noticed that ever since they started making money from skins, that they've been cranking out updates at crazy speeds. The extra resources have really sped up development.

Overall, there is literally no downside to cheap, purely aesthetic, and non-pay-to-win micro-transactions. Other than completely broke people getting jealous when seeing other people wearing the skins they wanted of course. I 100% think that the skins should be kept cheap, which I think may be your biggest issue as well as mine. Rust skins typically range between 99¢ - $1.99 for each skin upon first release, and that's when I buy them. After 1 week, the market decides whether or not they increase or decrease in value.

Being able to purchase appropriately themed skins for your uniforms, face paint, weapons, vehicles, gadgets, grenades and BP rewards would be a very fun and effective way for players to help out The Farm 51. If this bothers you on a 'but bro, I'm pro-player and this new camo skin is too hard to see.' level, then there should be a setting to disable skin visibility just like they have in Rust. There is no real downside here, and in my opinion this indie game's success and survivability in a competitive video game market like Steam should be more important to all of us than your 100% absolute personal happiness. Though I am very sure The Farm 51 will find an excellent compromise that you'll be fine with in the end.

• Like 2

Im just stating the truth about micro trans even cosmetics. I trust and like  F51 but blind trust is foolish and we cant count on these devs always being the same. F51 could get bough out and then have a new head honcho for all we know.

I trust these devs to not milk and scam the players but I do not trust the players to keep spending in check for a better standard of gaming.

Im not totally against it but we should know all the issue with even cosmetics which people try to hold up as a holy grail. Many studios/publishers and found ways to milk and scam players with this.

Im still not totally against micro trans and I would like to support F51 but it has a bad taste to it. It's not a good thing its a trade off giving up one thing for another. Some people get a endorphine release from spending so they enjoy it.

Cosmetics are the one thing I would like in game but I need some things to be earned not bought so I can enjoy cosmetics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/7/2018 at 8:10 PM, DoctorMcBatman said:

I think a season pass model for new maps, guns, etc. post release is the way to go (maybe needing to be renewed every 6 or 12 months depending on the cost). This will not guarantee constant revenue, but it would hopefully bolster funds enough to make it profitable for everyone and would ideally be a revenue generator once or twice a year.

There's a problem with this approach that we wanted to avoid: splitting the community. Titanfall had this problem after expansions dropped, you couldn't play with people that had different maps than you, you had to buy them and if you didn't have the money - sorry, you can't play, keep playing the maps that nobody is playing now. This is something we don't want, we want all future content to be available to people that bought the game. $30 for a full game with future updates is an insane deal if you think about it and there's a reason why it's insane - it costs a lot of money to make this stuff, people are expensive to hire, software is expensive to buy and bills are expensive to pay, that's not even including the cost of servers (which is possibly going to be offloaded onto player ran servers, but that's some time off). We have to get this money from somewhere, making games is expensive and keeping them up is not cheap either.

That's why we're looking for a good system and this discussion is a great one to see - we've got all sides of the argument and we can evaluate all possible ways of going about it.

On 12/26/2018 at 6:06 PM, ೞoℓf✌ said:

What is about WW3 inventory page in steam? If u add outfits, new parts models, skins etc. And people will buy/sell them, will u have % from sales inventory items ?

That's a double-edged sword, unfortunately. On one hand this is silly money, but on the other hand it will make cheating in WW3 very much something that can make money, so it will increase the number of people that are trying to gain unfair advantage. So far cheating is not a problem, but it might show up once cheaters can sell stuff from within the game.

On 12/29/2018 at 8:06 AM, HALCON4 said:

Thats why ....and asking  it again PLEASE FARM51 !!   Better give us, and to the community and most important to the members that we KNOW how to CREATE and use the proper tools for  MODDING !!

As I've outlined in the first response in this post, making this stuff is expensive. I'd love to have all modding tools and let people change the game, but it will take a lot of people and money to create stuff like this - and if people can mod in anything they want, we can't then sell anything to them anymore, so not only it will cost us money, we'll also loose any potential for microstransactions.

This is not bad in itself - we should earn our money from selling the game, right? Well there's a reason games can cost $60 + season pass + premium + lootboxes + whatever. Games are getting more and more expensive to make and their prices didn't change for 20 years, while everything else is going up. And we're charging half of it.

It also creates more problems - quality issues (maps are hard to make), everyone having to constantly download stuff others have added to their game (each time you load into a match and someone has a 2GB texture on their weapon? Tough luck, download it before you can play - and so on.

We are planning on having modding tools btw, just not during early access - we have to have the game mostly finished before we can design an editor around adding stuff.

On 12/29/2018 at 8:51 AM, TZoningHard said:

A company making money is not good for me. Half the time they are scamming and milking people. Microtransactions have been the single most ruinous thing in gaming. Main stream sheep are the reason we cant have nice things and have to wait for indie devs to make a passion project which is hit or miss.

You're only partly right about a company making money not being good for you - while it's true directly, in some cases it can benefit you as well. For example, we don't have a publisher, so all of the earnings are pumped back into the company and into expanding on WW3. This is the best selling game our company made and we know it has potential for being a great game, so it makes sense to expand the team and fund the development.

This means faster content for something you've already paid for (so no extra cost for you - apart from some people having different camos or cosmetic attachments), it means more people in support, on the forums and fixing stuff. We're expanding the team constantly since the EA release and it will result in better quality and faster work in the coming months.

So if we get an extra cash boost with some form of microtransactions, we can hire more people and work faster, have deals with companies, pay for advertising and so on. This is why we are asking the community for help - how would this work best for our players, since we don't want to just make all the money we can, we want to have a healthy game with happy players for years to come.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

You'll never make everyone happy, but I'd think people would appreciate the choice between grinding or paying to unlock, so my vote is yes.