Devyx

Micro transactions and WW3?

Payable extra services?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see player-rented servers in the game?

2. 2. Microtransactions?

• Yes, but nothing game-changing
    • No.
    • I don't really care

4 hours ago, Ragir said:

There's a problem with this approach that we wanted to avoid: splitting the community. Titanfall had this problem after expansions dropped, you couldn't play with people that had different maps than you, you had to buy them and if you didn't have the money - sorry, you can't play, keep playing the maps that nobody is playing now. This is something we don't want, we want all future content to be available to people that bought the game. $30 for a full game with future updates is an insane deal if you think about it and there's a reason why it's insane - it costs a lot of money to make this stuff, people are expensive to hire, software is expensive to buy and bills are expensive to pay, that's not even including the cost of servers (which is possibly going to be offloaded onto player ran servers, but that's some time off). We have to get this money from somewhere, making games is expensive and keeping them up is not cheap either.

Thanks for the response, definitely understand where you're coming from. I experienced this in one of the Battlefield games (3 or 4) where I didn't get the DLC and couldn't play some servers. The only downside was that I couldn't play that particular map/server, but I had no issues finding other games. Not familiar with the Titanfall scenario and what that did to the community. For Battlefield, I seems at least to have worked reasonably well.

Another thing I was thinking of, not related to microtrasnactions but revenue in general... maybe CDPR can tweet some notes about WW3 or help market in another way? They've congratulated other developers in the past. But I was thinking this since they are a fellow Polish developer and they make games that don't really compete with WW3. The Farm 51's communications style is definitely similar to CDPR's too and the companies seem to have similar philosophies on certain things.

• Like 1

Thank you for the Editor and Mod. Tools for the game.!!

Sweet !! we will wait , Awesome News!!!

Appreciatted !!!

Cheers

@Ragir Well, at least that gives us an idea where the devs want this game steering into. Hopefully not something bad (like EA went with Star Wars: Battlefront 2 P2W microtransactions fiasco).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ragir said:

This means faster content for something you've already paid for (so no extra cost for you - apart from some people having different camos or cosmetic attachments), it means more people in support, on the forums and fixing stuff. We're expanding the team constantly since the EA release and it will result in better quality and faster work in the coming months.

So if we get an extra cash boost with some form of microtransactions, we can hire more people and work faster, have deals with companies, pay for advertising and so on. This is why we are asking the community for help - how would this work best for our players, since we don't want to just make all the money we can, we want to have a healthy game with happy players for years to come. 

Yeah I'm just trying to doomsay since Ive seen so much BS and back stab even from cosmetic micro trans.

I'm for you guys getting funding from micro trans since you wont do paid DLC but I hate when people think that its a holy grail, which is why Im griping.

The convo now is how to go about it. and what are the negative to be balanced from it for the positives.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ranmoru456 said:

@Ragir Well, at least that gives us an idea where the devs want this game steering into. Hopefully not something bad (like EA went with Star Wars: Battlefront 2 P2W microtransactions fiasco).

That's easy, we don't have a publisher that will force us to make as much money as possible, so we don't have to repeat the Battlefront mistakes. While our company is well established, we never had a game this big and we're just starting to create a following, so for us it makes much more sense to be genuine and care for our players, we don't care about making money, but making games.

That all said, we can't do this for free, so we have to think about stuff like this, so we can keep making games, just trying to figure out how to go about it with our players. This is why we went with EA - so we can all change and shape WW3 so it's a game for the players, not for the publisher :P

8 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

Yeah I'm just trying to doomsay since Ive seen so much BS and back stab even from cosmetic micro trans.

I'm for you guys getting funding from micro trans since you wont do paid DLC but I hate when people think that its a holy grail, which is why Im griping.

The convo now is how to go about it. and what are the negative to be balanced from it for the positives.

I'm not surprised you're skeptical, we've all been burned by both early access and predatory monetization, so it's only natural to be wary, but we're commited to proving we're different, think more CDPR rather than EA :P

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2