Sign in to follow this  
JupiterRider

Does it make sense to send a crash report?

1 hour ago, JupiterRider said:

Does it make sense to send a crash report? Does the developers even read them?

Or is it better to report a bug in this forum?

Crash reporter, supposed to make easier work for developers, so there is no need report crash in the forum if you successfully send the report. They definitely using crash reports for  debugging :)

Good to know, thank you to OP and Weedtime. I was sending them in, but stopped. I will now complete them again. Most of my crash to desktop crashing comes when I am simply running from point a to b wherever, Just random.

@AllTheGearNoIdea just like @weedtime said, we get all the crashes and are looking through them fixing crashes. If the crash reporter reports that the crash was sent successfully, it's all that you should do, we are getting them :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/3/2018 at 3:12 PM, Ragir said:

@AllTheGearNoIdea just like @weedtime said, we get all the crashes and are looking through them fixing crashes. If the crash reporter reports that the crash was sent successfully, it's all that you should do, we are getting them :)

Could you update the "what to do if the game crashes post" in Known Issues and Fixes. I thought I need to post it into the forum until I read this.

is it necessary to fill description in the crash reporter? Cause crashes occur in every moment, so answer to the question "what were you doing when it happened" is literally "anything"

You don't have to fill this window if this is something that happens randomly, we're pretty sure we know the reason and fix is being made for those. If there's something that you did (like clicked and it crashed) - then it's really helpful for us.

• Like 1