JupiterRider

Visibility with different outfits and camos

Judging by some of the screens I've seen lately it looks like people are playing Minecraft because they have reduced the graphics so much, so I'm not sure it's worth trying to hide if you're a mobile rushing kind of player. On the other hand if you're one of those sniper players that hides at the edge and does not play the objective then....

I personally prefer to look good, slim, in black.

20181202115739_1.thumb.jpg.b5095ff9dbcba33e48b6352551ff1be3.jpg

• Like 1

I don't know which camo it is (or whether it's a bug or not) but there is a camo that shows up a lot less when using IR optics on vehicles. I'll have a look through some of my clips and find a couple that demonstrates what I mean.

Not the best example, just the first. First image is the camo I mentioned above, the second image is how the majority of soldiers look.

camo 1.jpg

camo 2.jpg

Edited by VoodooGaming

My soldier just looks like an ordinary soldier, because i simply don`t give a crap about it. 

As for the camo. Did you ever see somebody move around like that? To me it looks like he`s maybe on Map or calling UAV / Radar you know this little tablet. Maybe it`s that what is causing it? 

@maddinii I've seen them occasionally running around too with that camo. Here's the clip the screenshot is from (it should start at 5:29), I'll try and find more examples; I'm thinking it's a camo thing though

Yeah you are right. I could definitely see him moving. Not sure if he was shooting or getting shot, but i know you can`t move when you have the tablet out, so it probably is a camo suit. 

Another example, this one is from today. Pay close attention at the 14 second point in the video ;)

Edited by VoodooGaming

I wear Marpat camo to represent the Marine Corps. One thing I noticed while wearing Marpat camo is that enemies have a very hard time spotting me inside of a bush. I tend to get lots of kills hanging out in inside of and in front of bushes.

The middle picture is definitely me. Definitely!

You know it's rare for me to die to a guy in a bush? Most guys seem to be doing the grey urban look and prefer to hide on top of rubble and peek from behind concrete slabs in the distance, which works pretty well; except...

I run SM Thermal scope 24/7 on my G38 so everyone glows white hot to me at any distance. NO ONE CAN HIDE FROM PREDATOR VISION.

Edited by Grey Wolf Jack
  • Haha 1

can't we verify which camo it is?

i use digital night camo atm. i had a hard time hitting someone with black/grey camo once. camo works.

really hope we will get more nature maps. i like forest camo more.

11 minutes ago, epic potato said:

can't we verify which camo it is?

i use digital night camo atm. i had a hard time hitting someone with black/grey camo once. camo works.

really hope we will get more nature maps. i like forest camo more.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I thought of launching a separate post about non urban settings.

2 hours ago, Urnodaisy said:

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I thought of launching a separate post about non urban settings.

well do it. :D

Just to clarify: the camo not showing up properly on IR is a bug.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ragir said:

Just to clarify: the camo not showing up properly on IR is a bug.

Thanks for clarifying @Ragir ... Could reduced IR signature camo for both infantry and vehicles be a possibility in the future?

17 hours ago, VoodooGaming said:

Could reduced IR signature camo for both infantry and vehicles be a possibility in the future?

Sunds like an awesome idea, but that would require some changes, like adding weight to camos - because if using this camo doesn't give you any disadvantages, why not use it always?

• Like 2

Camo suits could have a fixed visual appearance that can`t be changed (i mean the color and patterns on it) making it hard to spot for tanks, but easy to spot for infantry. They would fit perfectly into an anti-tank or scout role then, but adding weight i don`t know. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maddinii said:

Camo suits could have a fixed visual appearance that can`t be changed (i mean the color and patterns on it) making it hard to spot for tanks, but easy to spot for infantry. They would fit perfectly into an anti-tank or scout role then, but adding weight i don`t know. 

an orange jumpsuit outside of thermal, invisible inside thermal. /s lol

On 12/7/2018 at 11:40 PM, VoodooGaming said:

Thanks for clarifying @Ragir ... Could reduced IR signature camo for both infantry and vehicles be a possibility in the future?

Did you try turning it off and on again? ?