So I know these two titles are not really comparable because of the budget, the manpower behind, etc... but I have to say that I bought BFV yesterday on Instant Gaming and that I was able to test the solo during the downloading of the game... and I'm very disapointed. Not by the story (no scenario at all, btw) or the graphics (these are correct, no more, but very very very well optimized !) or something like that but by the feeling of your character and the gunplay.

The character feels "lightfooted" as if you were a ghost floating around.

And the guns... what is that ? I don't really know how to explain this but in WW3, when you shoot you have a feeling of randomness (so very real feeling) of the direction of the bullets, in BFV the direction they take seems to be "programmed", preset. And I'm very disapointed that you cannot lean whenever you want.

And what are this profusion of settings for the mouse sensivity ? I play at 1000dpi at 15% in the settings and there are many settings all different, never related and it's a real mess. 

I might test the multiplayer tonight, and I really hope that this will be better.

So I would like to tell the devs that for now, and for me, World War 3 is better than a BF ;) not as stable, right, but I noticed some bugs in the DICE game that shouldn't even be in a final release ! (like the sound cut for a sec every 5 minutes when you aim...)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, giantjoe202 said:

I'm very disappointed. Not by the story [...]

There are enough reasons to be, though. ?

Battlefield has been constantly going downhill ever since BF3. Any title released after that casualised the game more and more. BF1 was the last Battlefield game I tried (shamefully so -  a couple of rounds in the Open Beta Promotional Demo) and it felt more like an interactive movie than a first person shooter, let alone a Battlefield game. It's very sad to see such a great franchise being destroyed in front of your eyes.

Luckily for me WW3 is as well the answer to this particular problem.

• Like 3

There are 1 "pure awesomeness" thing in BF5.
NET-CODE. The networking part of the BF5 is just amazing.
The rest of the game is meh. And it feels like EA. A lot of content is going to be added later.
Developing cycles are the doom of the game industry for now. Publisher demand 1 game each year for consistent and predictable profits.

2ef79af7502f0b4bf35cfff920bcf736.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks. It's a shame to be honest, what happened to BF :( I don't envy DICE devs, for once :/ 

• Like 8

For me BF end his life on BF4. To be honest BF4 was copy of BF3 but really fun to play. From Battlefront the games are looking like early acces (EA?) and they are copy od themself. Battlefield 1 was a copy of Battlefront and BFV is a copy of BF1. Form me is no more fun to play Battlefields.

I really like WW3 for this... "gun feeling". That diferent feeling when you shot with 7.62 or 5.56. This is it! Customization is awesome! Only think what i don't like is customization a'la "Braveheart" nad this "apache" helmets ?

• Like 3

I have somewwat spent around 4000 hours in BF3/Bf4 (always in hardcore mode) in total and was looking for some new shooter to "drag me away" from the BF series because I never lay hands on BF1 and wasn't eager to try out BF5 at all. After around 60-70 hours in WW3 and some small matches to test out new patches (TDM, etc) I stopped playing and went for the 1-month-origin access pass stuff. Well, I REALLY want to like BF5 just to have something for the next couple of months until WW3 groes bigger & better, but I just can't get along with the weapon feeling, player positioning, complete player hectic & chaos no matter which mode, TTK & TTD and so on ... after the same amount of hours spent in WW3 I had the feeling "ok, i know where to shoot people and what i can do to help my team", in BF5 it's a constant run against prone support players and other pro-gamers who seem to have a lot of time on their hands, there is not really a "middle class" of players in my eyes. So, I will stick with both, and hope that WW3 will be THE ONE after being out of EA :)

• Like 3

Glad to see I'm not the only one in that case :)

I was a BF2 player and Bad Company 2. Ah this was so awesome ! I never had so much fun playing a medic or a support. This is when I decided that the BF will be my personnal reference for further MMOFPS like BF.

When BF3 and 4 went out, I was a XBox player and didn't want to go back on PC so I have absolutely nothing to say about them (maybe BF4, I played like 3-4 hours using Origin Access and got bored).

Anyway, thanks Farm 51 and just know that you have the support of many players ;)

• Like 1

I bought the 10 hour trial one month of EA access. When I first booted up the game and you get that single player prologue, I was DISGUSTED by the sound of the type 100. It was supposed to be an epic moment dropping in, and as soon as I hit the ground  and started  shooting  my face contorted into a What The Fuck dice. And it didn't get better throughout multiplayer. All the guns sound like airsoft guns. Dice has just flat out given up. 

Shame because dice is known for great sound design but that was awful.

IMO players of FPS games, right now are in this situation:

• COD - "meh not for me"
  • BFV - "meh - this is going to be second COD"
  • Squad - "OMG too much realism and walking simulator"
  • WW3 - "why this is so laggy. OMG so many bugs. Wait this is EA... so maybe later it will be good game. OK i try."

I have my fingers crossed for WW3

o7

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DareQQ said:

IMO players of FPS games, right now are in this situation:

• COD - "meh not for me"
  • BFV - "meh - this is going to be second COD"
  • Squad - "OMG too much realism and walking simulator"
  • WW3 - "why this is so laggy. OMG so many bugs. Wait this is EA... so maybe later it will be good game. OK i try."

I have my fingers crossed for WW3

o7

CS:GO is meh too after Valve decided to get greedy and kill the community.

I preordered BF V Deluxe edition, played the beta quite abit but didnt even try the full game yet lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tweak said:

played the beta quite abit but didnt even try the full game yet lol

I played BFV for 3hours. After that i said to myself "what the hell hapend with BF?"

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DareQQ said:

I played BFV for 3hours. After that i said to myself "what the hell hapend with BF?"

Ye im not even gonna try giving it a chance again, so sick of these AAA companies turning every game into a cash grab

4 minutes ago, Tweak said:

Ye im not even gonna try giving it a chance again, so sick of these AAA companies turning every game into a cash grab

Yep thats the point. COPY, PASTE & AND GIVE US YOUR MONEY!!!

Well, i had the same feeling for bf v as you guys when i started playing it. But after a while (50hours), once you "adapt" to how different is compared to ww3 for example, you realize that bf v multiplayer feels damn good :)

Edited by E.A.R.N.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, giantjoe202 said:

And I'm very disapointed that you cannot lean whenever you want.

This! The lean system they have is horrible and obviously designed around console plebs.

I made the misstep of buying it after watching some pretty positive videos on it, then after an hour or two of multiplayer I refunded it as it just felt god awful. I don't know how people can praise the gunplay when it just feels so built around spray and pray.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cral said:

... then after an hour or two of multiplayer I refunded it as it just felt god awful.

I cannot even do that, since I bought it on Instant Gaming ??? 39 euros, but no refund possibilities. Well whatever, maybe the game will improve a little after some future upgrades...

Edited by giantjoe202

Dice devs arent the same as the one in the past. The old devs that were gamers making games for gamers have mostly left because of EA or the internal changes with in the company. Mayne of Dices devs left for Ubisoft.

Dice cares more about diversity and social justice then making good games or there fans which pushes even more old Dice devs out of the studio. And they are very vocal about their activism.

They started with try to be very inclusive by casualifying BF series starting after 3 for a bigger customer base at the expense of the game.

Dice is now filled with non gamers and activist trying to push a ideology at the cost of their fans.

Old Dice is dead, they have been fucking over players monetization wise and disenfranchising their old fans who got them to where they are now for a bigger playerbase/more money. A lot of devs left for that. The Devs of old Dice who were actually gamers keep leaving as the companies pushing for more diversity and activism.

No Pity for Dice they are bad like EA. This those devs didn't like what is going on look for a different job like your colleges did. EA is only partly to blame for Dice.

I would say the war stories are blatantly activism and revisionist meant to cast bad light onto white males while propping up their ideology. They were pretty badly though out and pretty cringe.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

Dice is now filled with non gamers and activist trying to push a ideology at the cost of their fans.

I don't know... I didn't feel it that way. I played multiplayer yesterday and was -again- very disapointed. The engine is 100% under control and the opti is awesome (except for those small 1-sec pause from time to time, especially when you ADS, very annoying) but what could you expect from a company that is using their own engine for many years now ?

I haven't notice any ideology being pushed, except maybe that non-debate about the place of women on a battlefield. I personnally think that no BF or other WW2 games were 100% true to what really happen there. And they were never meant to be made with a 100% fidelity. So this is not even the question...

But the main thing when you play a game is the feel, the sensation and on that point, BFV, which is supposed to be the top of the top (its the last game of the franchise, we can expect it to be the best) and you have a console game adapted for PC player with the moves of the player that is really messy. And when you shoot the guns feel very odd...

And about the engine, it's beautiful, but you cannot see shit ! There are too many details in front of you and it's very difficult to see ennemies.

And the pace is a CoD fast !

No definately, WW3 has nothing to fear from his big brother. It's much better on every aspects (except maybe the graphics and the sound, but those are not the main quality of a game like that).

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments, it's really cool to read all of this. You are the people we wanted to reach with WW3!

We know the game can be great and just needs work and time, and that's why the early access release. We have a solid plan and good community to rely on, so just keep playing and giving us feedback and we will make this game awesome together :d

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, DareQQ said:

What happend? After BF3 devs decided to move the game from tactical shooter to twitch-shooter genre, that's what happend. WW3, by it's desigh, especially by it's overall pacing, is much closer to "original Battlefield" (games prior to BF3) than any other modern BF title ever was.

22 hours ago, CapybaraPaul said:

There are 1 "pure awesomeness" thing in BF5.
NET-CODE. The networking part of the BF5 is just amazing.

Well, that's why players are really mad about TTD (Time To Die or synchronization between clients) and DICE are working to fix it?  Even with server reconciliation, their netcode just can't keep up with overall pacing of BF V, you die 1-2 seconds after you hid behind cover, just because of "shooter bias" netcode, because enemy hit your interpolated position and not you, as you see yourself on your screen. The best "netcode" that ever was in BF, was with Refractor engine, after that Frostbite just kept getting worse and worse due to quicken pacing (which was only increasing with new titles) and "shooter bias" policy.

Edited by SnakePlissken

On 12/4/2018 at 12:05 PM, SnakePlissken said:

What happend? After BF3 devs decided to move the game from tactical shooter to twitch-shooter genre, that's what happend. WW3, by it's desigh, especially by it's overall pacing, is much closer to "original Battlefield" (games prior to BF3) than any other modern BF title ever was.

Well, that's why players are really mad about TTD (Time To Die or synchronization between clients) and DICE are working to fix it?  Even with server reconciliation, their netcode just can't keep up with overall pacing of BF V, you die 1-2 seconds after you hid behind cover, just because of "shooter bias" netcode, because enemy hit your interpolated position and not you, as you see yourself on your screen. The best "netcode" that ever was in BF, was with Refractor engine, after that Frostbite just kept getting worse and worse due to quicken pacing (which was only increasing with new titles) and "shooter bias" policy.

I have 0 complaints about modern BF netcode. Maybe it's ping problems from your side. I asked a lot of friends about BFV. None liked it, but everyone admitted that shooting and netcode are just amazing. Shooting feels very cool. So I don't know what are you talking about;)

• Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 11:47 AM, Ragir said:

Thanks for the comments, it's really cool to read all of this. You are the people we wanted to reach with WW3!

We know the game can be great and just needs work and time, and that's why the early access release. We have a solid plan and good community to rely on, so just keep playing and giving us feedback and we will make this game awesome together :d

2o7nry.jpg

• Haha 1

On 12/4/2018 at 3:47 AM, Ragir said:

This is what I'm hoping for.  Still playing BF4 because it's the last true PC FPS they gave a shit about.  Destroying the communities by not allowing rented servers and such just pisses me off even more.  If you all can get WW3 tweeked out and fun to play, I'm sure converts will arrive in droves!  Also, the community will contribute new maps and other content.  Like many people have said, if you could still find monitored BF2 servers full of players, many people would still play that, because it's about the gameplay and balance, not reinventing what a FPS game should be.  We know what kind of game we want.  

Regarding BFV, I played the open Beta and loved it.  I had high hopes.  I have friends that work at EA so I got a discounted version of the release, so I'm not that angry that I absolutely hate how it turned out.  EAs BFV servers are unmitigated shitshows, and the sales are showing that.  

I have to wait a few days to get WW3, but I'll be out there with you guys soon.

• Like 2

There are 3 games that I'm currently watching/playing and none of them are pushed from EA/Dice-

WW3

Hell Let loose 

and Insurgency Sandstorm

Funny how all 3 games are based on the Unreal Engine :).

As Otto stated above from Dice/EA getting away from 3rd party servers which communities thrived from to using their own servers, I won't support the the BF series anymore until they can see it is the communities that keep a game going(guess they just want previous iterations to die).

I have high hopes from WW3 and Farm51 and look forward to the progression of this hopeful game and am glad that they are getting community involved and are listening to feedback.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Lordclaw said:

Hell Let loose 

Thanks for a new WW2 FPS game to keep an eye on

• Like 3