12 minutes ago, Vriz said:

Thanks for a new WW2 FPS game to keep an eye on

NP mate,joined the kickstarter from Hell Let loose when it was announced. Definitely looks like a better WW2 shooter than BF V,well at least with authenticity.

Plus it is from an Indie studio as well,nice to see the little guys(studios) kicking it to the big AAA studios ;)

• Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 1:16 AM, giantjoe202 said:

I haven't notice any ideology being pushed, except maybe that non-debate about the place of women on a battlefield. I personnally think that no BF or other WW2 games were 100% true to what really happen there. And they were never meant to be made with a 100% fidelity. So this is not even the question...

They are pretty open about it, and there is a pretty good debate about women in war game which we have had on the forums as well. Main reason me and many others are boycotting Dice and then EA. there many other videos out there to prove a point.

Looks and feel do matter but there a lot of people who play for other reasons like the mechanics in the game and how competitive you can be. BF has kept losing its depth over time and is a reason a lot of people still play bf3 and 4 over BF1 which looks better.

I do agree that WW3 has nothing to fear from BFV and about visuals over gameplay.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

They are pretty open about it, and there is a pretty good debate about women in war game which we have had on the forums as well.

Tbh, it's not the fact that women being included in military/war games in general being an issue ((take a look at Battlefront 1 / 2, CoD's past Black Ops 1 to name some examples)) it's just the necessity to place them, among others, where appropriate. You don't have something like, Native Americans fighting in the Wehrmacht for Nazi Germany as an example unless there's an environment that can be plausible for it to happen like in Wolfenstein or something.

Hell, nobody really cares ((in the historical context / preface EA & DICE have set up)) when Fidel Castro, JFK, Nixon, McNamara are all chilling in the Pentagon when a zombie outbreak occurs because it was outlandish and implausible to begin with... but it was fun and wasn't taken seriously

Guess we're too uneducated to understand, oh well

• Like 1

I am ok with women, mutated Irish guys and other stuff present in BFV. 
But only in 1 case. If the came claims to be unserious. Look at games like FarCry and JustCause. There are happening totally unbelievable shit. But these games don't claim to be "serious". Devs saying to us from the very beginning that they are just having fun.
If BFV promo campaign was in this mood, like: "We know it's not realistic, but cmon guys this it is Battlefield. Just have fun and don't bother yourself with those historical facts. Take a plane, ram it into an enemies plane, jump out. shoot a rocket into a tank while descending on a parachute, land on the bridge and create total chaos from the high ground! " (We all love those "only in battlefield moments").

ÐаÑÑинки по запÑоÑÑ high ground meme
But it claims to be "historically accurate". So the game becomes inauthentic to itself.
And the other fail was too bad communication with the community, which was unhappy with that inauthenticity.

Great stories :D Keep them them coming. It's really interesting to know where all of you guyz came from (what games i mean). It's funny how similar  your backgrounds and ours backgrounds are :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/5/2018 at 11:01 PM, Vriz said:

Thanks for a new WW2 FPS game to keep an eye on

Hell yeah ! This looks promising ! Another indie dev team who's name spells with 4 letters and 2 numbers wanting to change the future of FPS ! Is there a way to play it now ? I'll MP you ;) (EDIT : can't, my inbox is full and bugged and I cannot empty it because there are important messages in it).

Edited by giantjoe202
  • Like 1

WW3 wins hands down for me.

- No historical revisionism based on a political viewpoint

- Better community with responsive moderators and devs (When the devs can respond)

- Teamplay rather than solo rush B.

- No spiteful CEO telling people to bugger off or accept an agenda.

- All around good feeling and bright future with the game in my opinion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, giantjoe202 said:

Hell yeah ! This looks promising ! Another indie dev team who's name spells with 4 letters and 2 numbers wanting to change the future of FPS ! Is there a way to play it now ? I'll MP you ;) (EDIT : can't, my inbox is full and bugged and I cannot empty it because there are important messages in it).

Currently the game is still being worked on. I had access to it from being a kickstarter supporter. Game is currently being produced by Team17 (they developed games such as the Worms series),Black Matter are the Dev team-should be coming to Early Access in 2019.You can follow them on twiiter @ hell_let_loose

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

EA/DICE claimed they had listened to the community on the run up to BfV's release, this was of course BS; they may of listened to A community but it sure wasn't the core (what's left of it) Bf community. Combine this with the SJW/ political correctness madness, the fact that the game itself is only meh as a game, full of bugs and incomplete; and EA being disrespectful to the community after it raised concerns over the direction the game was taking, EA/DICE being disrespectful to the men who fought in WW2 by replacing men with woman in campaign... Oh and the fact that one of the EA suits told me not to buy BfV (I wish all salesmen were this honest). Are main reasons I didn't and probably won't be getting BfV.

I used to play CoD 2, 4, MW2 and watched that franchise go to shit and thankfully jumped ship to Bf at Bf3's release, but have now witnessed Bf go the way of CoD; thankfully WW3 is offering some form of sanctuary this time. My friends laughed at me and refused to join me when I moved from CoD to Bf, now many of them have made the switch to Bf and love it not realizing they've missed the best Bf's, now I'm telling them about the potential WW3 has... and they're not paying attention, their loss; they'll probably come around at some point.

Despite being "uneducated" I've got this feeling I'm on the right side of history... Even uneducated types like myself understand pretty pictures (I wonder if EA understands this not so pretty picture for them)

ea stock.png

• Like 2