Sign in to follow this  
maddinii

New quick join

I have not thought much about the pros and cons of this, i just wanted to share an Idea and see how far this is actually possible and if people like it or not. Please excuse the "sloppy" image, i`m just simply not good at things like this.

fcsEQao.jpg

y9EuOmP.jpg

Edited by maddinii
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, maddinii said:

I have not thought much about the pros and cons of this, i just wanted to share an Idea and see how far this is actually possible and if people like it or not. Please excuse the "sloppy" image, i`m just simply not good at things like this.

JCpxbFYPT96xbQG77AUH9g.png

DS6A-NmaRviKSFZNum8i0w.png

Fix your links.

2 minutes ago, weedtime said:

Fix your links.

What do you mean with that? For me the pictures are shown as supposed to. I can`t upload them here, because the upload size is garbage. 

Edited by maddinii

What do you mean with that? For me the pictures are shown as supposed to. I can`t upload them here, because the upload size is garbage. 

For you, links are working, because they have a path to the files from your computer, we can't access your PC. Use some hosting site like imgur or others

24 minutes ago, weedtime said:

For you, links are working, because they have a path to the files from your computer, we can't access your PC. Use some hosting site like imgur or others

I do apologize. I uploaded them with Lightshot, which usually works flawlessly. Does it work now? I can`t tell, because for me there is 0 difference. 

57 minutes ago, maddinii said:

I do apologize. I uploaded them with Lightshot, which usually works flawlessly. Does it work now? I can`t tell, because for me there is 0 difference. 

Now it works :)

1 hour ago, CapybaraPaul said:

ÐаÑÑинки по запÑоÑÑ amazing meme

TA (thank you). Originally i wanted to use the little boxes in the map list section as selectors for map sizes so you can choose for each map individually instead of one button for all. But my graphic skills ain't good enough and I don't know how to do it 

10 minutes ago, maddinii said:

TA (thank you). Originally i wanted to use the little boxes in the map list section as selectors for map sizes so you can choose for each map individually instead of one button for all. But my graphic skills ain't good enough and I don't know how to do it 

I think in the purpose of making the interface less overloaded it's better to do 3 checkboxes. Like Small|medium|large maps.
If none checked map won't appear at all.

M5bNhFP.png

Same function, fewer elements.
Anyway, you did great. Amazing idea!

21 hours ago, maddinii said:

fcsEQao.jpg

y9EuOmP.jpg

I do like this. Nice suggestion @maddinii

1 hour ago, kinemator said:

I would prefer to have small button "Quick join settings" under Quick join button and have all this options available there.

This

Edited by Tweak

I would prefer to have small button "Quick join settings" under Quick join button and have all this options available there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CapybaraPaul said:

I think in the purpose of making the interface less overloaded it's better to do 3 checkboxes. Like Small|medium|large maps.
If none checked map won't appear at all.

M5bNhFP.png

Same function, fewer elements.
Anyway, you did great. Amazing idea!

Sorry i`m bad at expressing my thoughts. Yes, this is what i meant. Having the checkboxes indicate the map size would be better. I just don`t know how to visually display it, if that makes sense. 

• Thanks 1

This is not how Quick Join is supposed to work, you can select which map and gamemode you want to play. With such robust filter system, Quick won't be so quick anymore, the point of Quick Join is to get you in as fast as possible. We've added checkboxes to select which gamemodes you'd like to queue for and we will be improving this system as we go.

It might some day look similar to your idea, but not for some time.

11 hours ago, Ragir said:

This is not how Quick Join is supposed to work, you can select which map and gamemode you want to play. With such robust filter system, Quick won't be so quick anymore, the point of Quick Join is to get you in as fast as possible. We've added checkboxes to select which gamemodes you'd like to queue for and we will be improving this system as we go.

So let Quick Join be a quick choice between the modes and just add some button like "Quick Join Filters" or something and enable all the maps/sizes by default so a player actually has to change the settings for it to be anything else than the standard "Quick Join"

22 hours ago, Ragir said:

Well the thing is I hate Berlin map. Snipers paradise. It's so dumb you can't move from one point to another without having to worry about at least 3 snipers all with perfect view on you and when they can't see you then you are inside the house which is so dark that you have to make the game ugly and turn up the brightness otherwise a black skin will blend in perfectly. Especially alpha on the small map it's so dark and when you run past the flames and your light level changes you literally can't see anything. 

There is no point putting me in that map because in 4 of 5 times I'll quit anyway and I'll keep pressing quick join untill I find another map. 

I'm sure everybody has a map he prefers less then the others and some might even quit. I can't see the point in not having more advanced filters as you can set everything to on by default and also you have 3 configurations for it allowing you to press Quick join just as easily. 

I do apologize to those that designed Berlin map. 

Edited by maddinii
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, maddinii said:

Well the thing is I hate Berlin map.

Yup, we know some people prefer some maps rather than the others, that's why you can select them from the War Map. Unfortunately it will be like this for now, but we will take a closer look at this for sure.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ragir said:

Yup, we know some people prefer some maps rather than the others, that's why you can select them from the War Map. Unfortunately it will be like this for now, but we will take a closer look at this for sure.

If that`s a "maybe", then i can live with it for now?

If that`s a "maybe", then i can live with it for now?

My hope is that you won't need this to avoid Berlin in the end :P