We launched the PTE for upcoming update 0.3 - check out how to get in! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
s3rb31

FPS / Performance drop after return to main menu

DESCRIPTION OF BUG (required):

Every time I return from the first match to the main menu (either via Escape -> Quit or in ending screen via timeout / "World Map" button) my FPS drops from the max. limited 50 FPS to 20-21 on the world map and the game is really stuttering. However in the other two tabs "Community" and "Customize" the problem does not exist (FPS immediately goes to 50 again). This really drives me away from the game as I have to restart after every single round.

Most of the time the second round will crash with different error messages (sometimes about a texture being to big to be loaded into (graphic ?) memory) or the game would run with said shitty FPS (20 at max). Also before the first round the world map works just fine (after start of the game).

GAME BUILD ID (required): 3343723

STEPS TO REPRODUCE (required): For me it's just starting, playing a round and returning to the world map. Happens 99% of the time.

SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS (required for crash or performance issues):

• Mainboard: ASUS X370-PRO
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
  • GPU: AMD 4GB Sapphire Radeon R9 380X
  • GPU-Driver: Version 18.12.1.1 (most recent version as of writing)
  • RAM: DDR4 16 GB (2x8 GB modules) 
  • Pagefile: min. 2935 MB (recommended by Windows) to max. 4096 MB

IN-GAME SETTINGS:

ww3_settings_1.thumb.png.83d26c85d29cf14c52e16601c40d4057.png ww3_settings_2.thumb.png.65b7b7f056b1bdb89561e64ae7c4da3f.png ww3_settings_3.thumb.png.33c09c6c4d16d11d39931116da955cc9.png

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

I am mentioning the pagefile in the specs because I had problems to even start the game at all when I disabled the use of a pagefile recently.

Also during the first patches I had this 20 FPS max. problem in the whole game until I enabled "One Frame Thread Lag", but since the option is gone now I cannot really test if it has anything to with this bug.

I just noticed it might have something to do with the UI because I am experiencing extreme stuttering too, when dragging any of the settings selector bars: 

ww3_buggy_bar.png.e1308571876428919e9e90bfcaeb6bb6.png

One Frame Thread Lag is the same as CPU Performance Boost, we just renamed it.

You running HDD or SSD?

I found that switching the view from Tactical to Satilite on the main menu helped my game when this happened to me.

Sorry not related but do you really play with 100% brightness? Can you even look at the monitor without your eyes hurting? Amd does provide its own mechanics to brighten things up a bit. 

As for that bug I'm curious, if it has to do with having 2 monitors connected. Does it still happen when you unplug one or run in windowed mode? 

Think this is related to hardware optimization. I have this problem too, nearly same system specs.

On 12/6/2018 at 6:37 PM, superRED92 said:

I found that switching the view from Tactical to Satilite on the main menu helped my game when this happened to me.

same

I have the same problem as our TE, but for me it happens only at 20% at the time.

FPS in the Menu are at about 40. Normally I have over 130 FPS.

Edited by JupiterRider