AiRJacobs

Lower BP cost for Armored Vehicles.

Why is no one talking about this? Seeing an armored vehicle like a tank on the battlefield in this game is like witnessing a UFO. Pretty much every other item you can buy with battlepoints that are cheaper than the armored vehicles honestly end up being a better value. From my experience, I have waited entire rounds to save up for a tank (5000BP). I purchase the tank, get in it, I drive around for ~30 seconds looking for enemies to shoot. I don't see anyone, then I get hit with two RPGs from out of nowhere within 5 seconds and die. I could have spent those BPs on several UAVs and some Artillery strikes, which would have been far more useful.

I really want to get to use some vehicles in this game, but they are both a rarity and of low value, yet high cost. In Battlefield 4, I have gone on kill streaks of 60 in LAVs, but in this game, LAVs are just big metal coffins on wheels. There is zero incentive to purchase armored vehicles in World War 3.

Solution: In the next update, the BP cost to spawn armored vehicles should be dropped, and a second set of armored vehicles should be deployed at each team's base midway through the round (totaling 4 armored vehicles per team for the entire round. 2 at the start, and 2 at mid-game).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I agree with this one. Unless you are a great driver and know how to maneuver to not die there is little reason to get one. Would rather use points on quadrocopter or cannons.

Maybe down by 500 points, or if it goes over 4000, down to 4000?

• Like 1

I would say just make them a bit tankier.

There should be skill involved with using them like now but there are methods to kill them too fast with little effort. people can pop a corner quick scope a tandem then hide and you l can't be sure where it come from at all.

I would lower the amount of BP you get in general. It not hard getting 2 5500 mbps in one game and I don't want them flooding the game.

The game was made to have default tanks at the start that would die ore get replaced by working up to your actual call in tank you wanted. You should work for your kills and a 60 kill streak just means broken.

I have been able to play the default IVF at start and have enough to call in a 2nd if after my first was destroyed with some left over BP. Which got me my 3rd if after that one got destroyed. I can do this a bit regularly.

The game right now is a bit too handouty with the strikes making the game CoD like and inconsequential with them. You get so many points you just throw shit around.

Stokes should be as hard to get as 0.0.0

drones are getting to be a problem now and pretty much a free kill as people know how to use them now and a drone is only 5-10 minutes of play to get one at most. I was against the drones being in game at first because the principle of them was bad. I kinda said what ever, meh. now as people understand them more they are kinda bs.

• Like 1

I'd say buff the hell out of all tanks and maintain the current cost. I think it's fun to have a big scary tank on your team, and it's just as thrilling to fight a big scary tank on the enemy team. I also think they should remove default tanks from the start of matches. 

Also, airstrikes should be cheaper, Jesus Christ they're so expensive. You can call in almost 11 highly strategic and useful UAVs for the same cost as an airstrike and the airstrike may or may not be reliable.

Some BP rewards I want to see is some sort of attack helicopter(COD style), AC130 support (COD style), and MAYBE something unique like some sort of... evacuation helicopter that you can use to pick up and transport yourself across the map quickly, and/or use get dropped off on top of a building.

You know what? A helicopter would be a flippin' awesome BP reward to call in and then you hop in and fly it around. It could be a gunship as well as transport. I think that's totally do-able and wouldn't hurt the game. Let F51 add tracking missiles to counter it first, though. Not sure if there's enough people with good RPG skills in this game, though they do seem to practice with it a lot...

Edited by Grey Wolf Jack
  • Like 1

I don't have an issue with how tanks are used currently (speed, firepower). It's just that they are very weak and easy to take out, as well as expensive. They just aren't of good value. Strikes and drones are far more useful.

• Like 1

Let's stay away from this game being like cod. streaks are super cheap and shouldn't be the main point of the game.

You can sneeze and get arty to drop and half the time I'm just waiting on a timer to throw another streak some where.

There was and still are a point of concern for lots of people who value skilled play and earning kills.

Streaks should be very limited as giving away free kills or dying to free kills is frustrating to a lot of people.

RPG is pretty easy to use and you should be balancing for top tier play in mind which for anti tank is two tandems from any angle for a kill on 8 seconds or using that ammo pack to get another refill and kill with in 15-20 second if 3 is required. you don't have to expose your self for more then half a second each time to fire and with spotting you can ESP with the main map to make it way easier to kill.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let's stay away from this game being like cod

Yeah, because making vehicles slightly easier to obtain is turning World War 3 into a shooter that hardly ever has vehicles at all.

All I'm suggesting is making armored vehicles either stronger, or cheaper. I couldn't care less about everything else that you call "streaks".

• Like 1

I honestly feel that armored vehicles have the most Value per BP And the current BP cost is just right.

Considering you paid 5000bp for a tank, i assume you got yourself a hard-kill APS and external armor which should provide adequent protection.

I do not have any malicious intent to insult you or troll you with the "git gud" nonsense. I believe your unfortunate experience with tanks is probably due to your playstyle

As a player with no issues calling down 2 fully upgraded tanks in a 35 min match and getting roughly 12 - 27 kills per tank, i would like to share some advices:

• Do not drive deep into the objectives.  It is understandable that the "In your Face"  approach is tempting because the easiest way to get kills is to shoot the floor and trigger the shell explosion. However, tunnel vision is your worst enemy and at short range, RPG users can just quick peek and fire without having to aim. Tandem warheads to the back armor will always instant kill. ( It is overpowered but difficult to pull off too )

• Push with your teammates. Because killing players with RPG-7 needs a near direct impact, it is very disadvantageous to get caught off guard with the RPG-7 equipped. Having teammates nearby deter opponents from swapping to RPGs early, it also makes them more likely to play defensively. ( Waiting for you to show up rather than chasing after you )

• Position yourself in places without debris behind you, this way you can simply reverse in order to retreat. DO NOT ROTATE! I cannot stress how important this is! If you show your back to your enemy, even a single 30mm shell will hurt alot ! Always face front towards the enemies direction. The tank's front armor mitigates the most damage.

• Press C to change optics when you get blinded, you can even change between first or third-person view. Although you cannot retaliate effectively in Third-Person view, it does make reversing in difficult terrian more manageable when you need to retreat.

• Use tanks for area denial by providing "sniper-like" fire support. You should be restricting opponent's movement in order your teammates to push effectively. In contrary to what you see in action movies, propaganda or arcade FPS, You cannot steamroll barricades and expect the opponent to retreat and give up all hope. The tank is not invincible and it is not how you "push" even if the game is not a fully realistic milisim.

• Althought it is more difficult to get kills if you keep your distance, it also works both ways as RPG users have to aim and do some "trial and error" to compensate the projectile drop. Move now and then to make it worse for your opponent.

• A rather situational tip is understanding "Turret elevation". Not sure if it is Objective C1 or C2, but the collapsed road that leads to the undergound train station of the small warzone map at Berlin is the biggest offender. I have taken out countless of helpless tanks inside it because they are unable to shoot upwards or downwards.

• Like 1

Hmmm i`m not sure. I have been driving tanks a few times and even when you stay far behind there is rpg special ammo and sometimes you do get killed pretty very quickly. This does not happen all the time tho. It is important to give those people that are really good players to shoot out a tank quickly some credits for their work, but the same time they do get lots of battlepoints for killing a tank. 

You can upgrade each vehicle individually with like RPG nets and APS, that gives it a little bit more armor but i have been literally one shot killing fresh tanks before with rpg special ammo. Is this maybe a bug or did i just hit the right area? 

What`s really annoying is the vehicles optics. They break far to easily. A skilled player will shoot out you optics with a single 30 round magazine (and i`m positive about this, as i`ve done it many times but i`ve also had times missing 2 full magazines depending on my concentration). 

All in all i think this needs an entirely different approach rather then nerfing or buffing tanks. The main problem for me is, that upgraded tanks are just way better then non upgraded tanks. Just the vision and the extra turret make a big difference, but they cost battle points and your tank gets really expensive but still dies pretty quickly. Yes you can stay far behind and there is lots of tipps and tricks to survive a lot longer, but if somebody gets close enough you`re doomed. 

I have been thinking a lot about a solution and at this point i can suggest an immature idea. 
Instead of having the upgrades cost battle points they could cost in - game squad points. I`ll explain. 

You customize your tank as you like it in the customization interface, put a skin an aps, a turret everything you want to have. In game however the vehicles upgrades depends on your squad score. At this point you have been playing for a while and might already have a good score, so the game would spawn your tank with the cheapest upgrades to the highest cost upgrades. Each time you do something for your team you`ll get a team score and can then use the repair kit or repair station to upgrade your tank. This happens simply by driving on the repair station or you or a team member use the repair kit function as present in the game to simply "build" a new upgrade on the tank. If you don`t have a good team or squad score you will spawn just a basic tank. The tank will cost always the same amount of battle points no matter how many upgrades you have unlocked. 

Fighting with your team will significantly buff your vehicle and this mechanic will enhance team play, so hopefully there would be somebody around willing to upgrade your tank on the go so you don`t have to get out. As you and your team progress your tank will become much stronger and harder to kill or if you don`t help your team you`ll loose the tank fairly quickly. 

• Game play itself won`t be interrupted
  • No need for any nerfs or buffs 
  • Encouraging you and your team to play together
  • Spawning a tank feels more rewarding or highly punishing depending purely on you 
  • Vehicles can still be customized as you want them to be 
  • Vehicles will have a much higher value for the team
  • Your team can better influence where the vehicles are most needed, because if it goes alone it won`t get as much upgrade points
  • Can`t think about more positive things

• Tank can still be killed pretty quickly if you`re not carefully
  • You have to heavily rely on your team 
  • Customizing a vehicle might not seem worth the time anymore
  • Can`t think about more negative things

As said. This is an immature idea. There might be lots to talk about, it might be implement in a few patches it might never come at all. Depends if you guys and the developers like it or not. 

@Morp @Ragir 

• Like 1

From a tank user prospective(between bf3,4 and 1 i had around 1.7k hours using  tanks) we need a serious rework of how the tank is used and perceived in this game

How is right now:

Movement:clunky and slow,you can  got stuck everywhere in the map..drive over a  car?got stuck,a fence?got stuck,a ditch?got stuck..Moderns MBT despite their weight they are quite agile and able to overcome obstacle very easy,they can literally break into a house if needed or even better take it down with their firepower.i WANT to feel the power of the 1600hp multifuel engine driving my tank up 50/60km hr and crushing everything on my path!

Firepower:HE splash damage got nerfed to the point that if you don't shot 1 meters from the enemy you will not kill it,here you could increase the blast radius with decreasing the splash damage the furthest you land your shot(example:maximum blast radius of HE shell is 5 meters,where at 5 meters the damage is only 20% of what is at 1 meter)YOU are firing a HE SHELL MEANS HIGH EXPLOSIVE again HIGH EXPLOSIVE,got the idea i guess xd

Apfsds need a serious buff since are projectile designed to penetrate heavy armor..take the DU penetrator(depleted uranium)used by many military forces but mainly US as anti-tank weapons..it can penetrate up to 450mm of composite armor(is a lot guys..seriously).Simply make this shell viable to use,they should deal at least anything between 20 to 30% more damage of HE and fly at much higher velocity.

Defense:well now our friendly tank are very weak to RPG..we all know..1 tandem to the back and puff bye bye!This i hope will be fixed soon as i think is quite unreal.The main thing is the APS protection  is totally useless due it's infinite reload time..what is it?20 seconds or so?tell me guys if i am wrong.Solution could be to have it activated for like 10/15 seconds so it could actually destroy more then 1 rpg and after cool it down for another 20 seconds,but the main thing is being able to activate it when is most needed.

RPG hit to destroy a tank: now let's begin with saying that the front hull and turret are the most armored part of a tank,the turret is the more protected where usually the armor is more tick or where special composite are used to protect the command station and gun components.It appears that in game is one of the weakest,2 rpg and the turret hull is totally destroyed or almost,resulting in dealing massive damage to the total health bar of the tank.The problem is that the whole damage system of direct hit by rpg needs to be reworked here.

To start make 2 tandem from behind or 3 normal rpg to destroy the tank,or 1 tandem and 1 normal being tandem more powerfull.For the rest up you DEVS how to balance out.

Teamwork with the tank>non existent right now mainly because is not implemented.A easy solution?Add RCWS turret available for free in every tank with standard 7.62mm ammo to encourage team members to spawn in the tank with you and keep it alive longer,plus make that everyone can spawn in your tank and help you in the fight.Right now if you add RCWS it cost bp and 99% of the time goes unnoticed by team members,so i actually have to write in chat,"hey guys gunner station is available in my tank"..

This is just what i think now and i do believe that some of these things will be addressed in the future..