Thor_Hummer

Low online in game

Good day!
I wanted to ask the developers, is there a good marketing campaign planned for the game?

Today I bought the game and I noticed that there are about 500 people online in the game and it's SATURDAY!(the center of the steam community)?

This is a bad number , and I'm afraid that will happen the same as with heroes&generals, which is played by 2-3 thousand people.
We need very radical tools to remedy the situation. Given the rather high cost of the game, I would not want to see it in the absence of online. 

Please don't lose everything as it happened with other projects!?

I do have the same kind of thoughts, that this game deserves more players.

Maybe another trailer to hype players up, or a free weekend?

Edited by Devyx
  • Like 1

We expect players to return with each content patch e.g. in 0.3 performance will be significantly improved along with sounds and gun animations. If it doesn't help, then we will think about other ways to increase retention.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Kony said:

Мы ожидаем, что игроки вернутся с каждым патчем контента, например, в 0,3 производительность будет значительно улучшена вместе со звуками и анимацией оружия. Если это не поможет, тогда мы подумаем о других способах увеличения удержания.

Thank you! given the fact that you spend a lot of time on the audience - perhaps the audience will be able to answer the same. Try to develop a marketing strategy with the participation of the audience of the game, maybe it will give some effect! 

We have plans for marketing and we're not worried about the playerbase yet. There's still full matches and with matchmaking improvements it should be better still. You will be able to stay on a server after the match is over now.

As for marketing, we've done alright for now, we need to make sure the game works for all those 200k+ people that bought the game can play reliably and with good fps. RAM optimization is going to help a lot as well and once all that is done, we can start getting more new players in (btw, the game still sells well each day, so new players are constantly being added).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

No reason to market a un-optimized buggy game that is low in content at the moment that would lead to upset customers. This is pretty much a development and test phase. Most people dont buy EA games but WW3 might of been a bit of a cross over for that statistic.

People will come and go like every other alpha/ still developing game.

A lot of games are sold souly on marketing and can be unfinished but still retain people that are riding the hype. When the game is ready F51 will hype up the game which they didn't really do for EA to get shit loads of people and then can play the hype game.

Im glad they arent doing that hype marketing right now and havent done it and hope they dont but most games are sold off hype.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Could hardly agree more. Atm a comparably small but passionate and patient community, in frequent contact to the devs ist Just what the Game needs imo.

Edited by HeiligeRobbe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

According to SteamChart, there were around 500 players online. After 0.3 release it’s almost 800, which is better

But it isn’t close to the 11k on start(

On 12/13/2018 at 3:23 PM, Ragir said:

We have plans for marketing and we're not worried about the playerbase yet. There's still full matches and with matchmaking improvements it should be better still. You will be able to stay on a server after the match is over now.

As for marketing, we've done alright for now, we need to make sure the game works for all those 200k+ people that bought the game can play reliably and with good fps. RAM optimization is going to help a lot as well and once all that is done, we can start getting more new players in (btw, the game still sells well each day, so new players are constantly being added).

Sorry man, but lately you connect to an empty server, and after 5-10 mins, other connect, but also in the time they connect, the game is already "damage done" cuz il win the game despite the enemy team effort for comeback from 0 ticket's ... it lead to more fustration, for many times the game did connect me to an losing game session ... and not because players leave the server, it's because the server did not find players to join in time, resulting to my conclusion that the game realy have problems with playerbase (im not question the sales, but to many ppl leave the game); im looking froward for your resolve ASAP !

There is allot of marketing that the team need to cover (leave aside the part with road-map, that is one of the best specialy when keep up on it) is all about bringing players back in/on the game

PS it is hard to bring players back in the game when you have Battlefield V in competition, but please look at their flaws and learn from their mistakes; i also come from Battlefield (curently own BF 4 & 5) and this game did get me whit the part of the modding of vehicles, is brilliant, but for others is not enough

Posted (edited)

It seems very likely that the low play-share has as much to do with the significant number of people that cant even connect to games -- everyone I know on Steam in North America that owns the game hasn't been able to connect since the 0.3 release right around Christmas time.

Some of these people have no interest in posting to forums, never post to the Steam forums, don't even know this one exists (or care) and just think the  game is broken or abandonware.

I have several refence design AMD and NVIDIA systems on very fast low latency connections that were always able to connect until the 0.3 patch, now no system I own or try can connect to any server, map, or game mode...

Some think this is due to some server side issue, some think it may be a profile corruption issue, some think it's 0.3 patch  related issue.

Unless or until what ever is broke is fixed -- a lot of people can't even connect to play, and more challenging and undermining is many have given up trying, have uninstalled and will forget about WW3 until something reminds them.

Edited by Hoak

@Hoak Our team is fully focused on fixing the crashes at the moment. It's our top priority until it's fixed. When the problem will get resolved we will release a proper announcement followed by a patch on steam.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ryuzaki said:

@Hoak Our team is fully focused on fixing the crashes at the moment. It's our top priority until it's fixed. When the problem will get resolved we will release a proper announcement followed by a patch on steam.

ok, but what about players who's suffering ultra stuttering? What about game performance? Devs promised performance improvement in 0.3 but still nothing is improved. Still dozens of ppl can't play bcuz of lags. No info 'bout that.

performance improved a lot especially ram. I gained 20 frames in .2 and another 10 in .3 but .3 performance is more stable to keeping higher frames.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Bro they just need to bring the game to Consoles many and most people will follow along in buying the game basically all’s I’m saying is this game shouldn’t be strictly PC running off Steam it should be On Consoles they would do better going that route

Edited by IllzVeLoCiTyIllz

@kirofs There were many improvements on that field already. In fact, current crashes are a result of our RAM optimization works, which brought unexpected problems which weren't visible to us until we pushed the patch to public servers (and we are really sorry for that). The game doesn't need nearly as much RAM as it needed before 0.3. Of course, we don't stop here and just after we fix current problems we will be back on adding new content and work on further optimizations.

@IllzVeLoCiTyIllz As I said earlier in the PM, we are aware of the huge console player base that waits for the game to be ported to their favorite systems. We were never hiding our desire to release WW3 on consoles, the game has to reach a certain level of popularity which will provide us with enough funding to be able to give us time and resource for porting the game. Also, we want to make sure that the game is stable on one system first before we will introduce new players to our game :). 

Don't forget it's only version 0.3, there are still plenty of features and optimization works to come (See our Roadmap for anything we will do or already did). Also, our marketing machine will start once we will be closer to the full release (somewhere around version 1.0). Great things take a considerable amount of time, so just fasten your seatbelts, grab some popcorn and watch :D.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can tell by some buddys i have for years that most of the players dont like to play the same 2maps and modes over and over again. Most people are waiting for more maps and gamemodes i guess.