maxlevel

SCAR-H

The road map says "battle rifle". Coming from that I would guess it has a full-auto mode but will be harder to control than the ARs currently in game.

• Thanks 1

It will be our first Battle Rifle (I think it's in the roadmap once you hover over the text) - It can be used both as a very heavy, slow firing hard-hitting AR-ish thing (but the recoil in full auto is massive) and as a DMR if you customize it that way. From my experience it suffers at close ranges due to low ROF (450 rpm) but once you switch to semi auto and get the recoil reduction it's extremely deadly on open spaces, especialy on the new map (Smolensk).

By the way, if we'd have it as an AR it would be the Scar L ;) 

We decided to go with the Battle Rifle designation because 1) due to our robust customization you can prepare any weapon to almost every role in one way or another, thus the defining factor had to be the bullet caliber (7.62x51 Nato) and not any predefined setup and 2) I personaly don't know of any games that had that category specified so it's pretty unique (usualy games go with "marksman rifles", "tactical rifles" or "DMRs").

This is the first of its kind in WW3 so expect it to need some extra balancing (I can't decide if it's OP or UP), we want them to be a very specialized form of a firearm and it's somewhat experimental in its setup (again, the full auto mode recoil is huge). We have more BRs planned so stay tuned for the future ;)

Edited by Borreh
  • Like 2

Sounds great! I really like that concept  :) Told Santa my biggest wish for christmas this year is that the HK 417/G27 might find its way into the game at a later point. So far the Scar H will do I think. :D

• Like 1

I think Santa may say you've been a good kid this year :P

Edited by Borreh
  • Like 1

I played 8 years ago in a game called Crossfire (something like CS:GO) Scar was the nubbish weapon in the entire game, no recoil, no spread, 99% accuracy etc. Any person who played with it were kicked from the room straight away.

On 12/13/2018 at 3:04 PM, Borreh said:

It will be our first Battle Rifle (I think it's in the roadmap once you hover over the text) - It can be used both as a very heavy, slow firing hard-hitting AR-ish thing (but the recoil in full auto is massive) and as a DMR if you customize it that way. From my experience it suffers at close ranges due to low ROF (450 rpm) but once you switch to semi auto and get the recoil reduction it's extremely deadly on open spaces, especialy on the new map (Smolensk).

We decided to go with the Battle Rifle designation because [...] I personaly don't know of any games that had that category specified so it's pretty unique (usualy games go with "marksman rifles", "tactical rifles" or "DMRs").

Planetside 2 has Battle Rifles. And a few other interesting categories. I ll make a suggestion post for that.

• Like 1