Jump to content
TENb

Should the armored vehicles return the old blast of high-explosive shells (HE) ?

Should the armored vehicles return the old blast of high-explosive shells (HE) ?  

50 members have voted

  1. 1. Should the armored vehicles return the old blast of high-explosive shells (HE) ?

    • Yes! I want the tanks to be useful again. Now armored vehicles are too weak.
      23
    • I want developers to do average HE shells blast radius.
      10
    • Leave it as it is, I already like it.
      17


Recommended Posts

I ask all those who are not indifferent to armored vehicles in this game to take part in the survey.

Edited by TENb
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Except armor can still shit on infantry if you have aim. wouldn't call that weak at all just doesn't give free kills like launch tanks did.

More attractive to play now since you have to earn kills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes but it should take much longer for shells to replenish at the repair pad to promote them only being used when they are needed to root out entrenched eneimes or to hit other armored targets the coax and turrets should be the main anti infantry of these tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For people who dont know how tank operate IRL.

Why expend a 40lbs shell with propellant to kill a infantry man or two when you have coaxil is is meant to be the main anti infantry weapon. You most likely would not waste ammo on a entrench playing whack a mole that's what infantry are meant to do but tanks are used to destroy buildings which main guns to deny their use.

Most tank round have limited splash.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

For people who dont know how tank operate IRL.

Why expend a 40lbs shell with propellant to kill a infantry man or two when you have coaxil is is meant to be the main anti infantry weapon. You most likely would not waste ammo on a entrench playing whack a mole that's what infantry are meant to do but tanks are used to destroy buildings which main guns to deny their use.

Most tank round have limited splash.

And how are you going to pick out the infantry from the trenches and other districts, which the machine gun cannot reach? For this and need high-explosive shells. But now they have stopped working properly, in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to disappoint you, but I doubt that we are going to bring back the old splash since it was a no brainer. It is more likely that the damage spread will be more generous, but the radius cannot be such ridiculous as before.

Besides, back at launch the blast radius was being calculated  wrong  - the further from the center of explosion, the bigger the damage was dealt. 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kony said:

I hate to disappoint you, but I doubt that we are going to bring back the old splash since it was a no brainer. It is more likely that the damage spread will be more generous, but the radius cannot be such ridiculous as before.

Besides, back at launch the blast radius was being calculated  wrong  - the further from the center of explosion, the bigger the damage was dealt. 

Especially if players are using the BMPT-72 variant of the tank. The ROF on that turret is ridiculously fast. Pair that with a fully upgraded tank and the old splash model, and it's gonna be a nightmare to deal with for the receiving end. I do agree that the current splash radius is sort of underpowered, but going back to the old model will just bring the tank balancing problem back to square one (lot's of players will start complaining about the tank being OP again). There needs to be a fine line for splash radius or do a workaround solution to at least buff the tanks (like increasing the ROF of the coaxial MGs on the vehicles).

Edited by ranmoru456

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Kony said:

I hate to disappoint you, but I doubt that we are going to bring back the old splash since it was a no brainer. It is more likely that the damage spread will be more generous, but the radius cannot be such ridiculous as before.

Besides, back at launch the blast radius was being calculated  wrong  - the further from the center of explosion, the bigger the damage was dealt. 

If not as before, then do the average blast radius though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When i had drove tank before the patch i did 70+ kills per match, cos radius of explosive was huge. And people cried that this game should be without tanks, cos they are so strong. Now we need aim better, closer to enemies, tanks do not able kill through the wall. I like new type of tanks. I'm thinking that tanks should have a lot of armor and don`t die from 1-2 shoots, but at the same time tanks should not have imbalance-weapon with their 10m radius kill.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well we are not talking about 10m kill zone  but a bit more than 3m -.- it's 120mm shell god damn it. It should be rolling firepower.

On 12/16/2018 at 9:02 PM, TZoningHard said:

Most tank round have limited splash.

the more you learn. Have you read what is shrapnel radius of HESH or russian HE or spalling radius created by HEAT jet tearing through concrete? Also tanks wouldn't shot at building unless it would be (or suspect) occupied by enemy for the same reason you stated earlier. Why waste shell and what's left of popularity within locals on empty private property? HE and other similar types are for WASTING entrenched(sitting in building, makeshfit bunkers and actuall trenches)/groups of enemies. Why? Read about nature of exploding explosives and why they are bad for human lungs (if shrapnel is witch craft for you).

ps. And i like the way tanks armor is right now. If you upgrade it you acually can take a lot of beating, though i feel like APFSDS are dealing not enough dammage. It actually makes tank on tank engagement completely disconnected from infantry experience. 

pss Well if we can't have "real"(or anything worth mentioning) blast radius can we at least get airburst? As we should?

 

Edited by Marg
because, i'm poor editor
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The weakness of the tanks how to see when you're in the tank, then yes they have become weaker. And when you try to destroy them, they are not so weak))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NooB said:

The weakness of the tanks how to see when you're in the tank, then yes they have become weaker. And when you try to destroy them, they are not so weak))

Realy? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, you are looking for a broken game if you want the original blast radius, that was terrible. You would shoot against a wall, and an entire room of 5 or more would die, as well as teammates... This new blast radius is fine, it just needs to be tweaked a bit further. After playing in 0.3 a while, I noticed a lot of the time, the shells wouldn't register any damage, although from my view it seemed they should have been kills. On the new Smolensk man, one player was hoping from window to window, shooting RPGs at me, each time I would shoot a shell through his window, it wouldn't register any damage and he was too quick for machine guns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Artaxiad300062 said:

This new blast radius is fine, it just needs to be tweaked a bit further. After playing in 0.3 a while, I noticed a lot of the time, the shells wouldn't register any damage, although from my view it seemed they should have been kills. On the new Smolensk man, one player was hoping from window to window, shooting RPGs at me, each time I would shoot a shell through his window, it wouldn't register any damage and he was too quick for machine guns. 

what you just described IS a new blast radius and it needs A LOT of tweaks. It's not like shells are bugged, the blast is just that small 

Edited by Marg
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@NooB Destroying vehicles even highly upgraded vehicles is too easy for a single infantry. Ammo pack + RPG tandem 2X = vehicle down 90% of the time (a lot of the time just 1 tandem RPG will do the job), and due to the lack of challenge in taking vehicles down as infantry I find it not a lot of fun to do so; no challenge no fun. Its fun to start with but then just feels unrealistic and un-immersive with little to no challenge, to the point that personally I just don't bother anymore. MBT vs. MBT is pretty good fun, although you know there's something wrong with the balance when a lot of tank drivers would rather get out of the tank they're driving and fire RPG's at the tank they're fighting rather than use the tank shells.

 

I have a feeling people aren't using the SH shells to there full potential against infantry (before 0.2 I wasn't even using SH at all, now its my primary choice for taking out infantry), I'm often getting decent kill streaks using SH as primary, HE as secondary and armor piercing in the 12.7 cannon; and this isn't even in my favorite variant of the T-72 (because my favorite variant the BMPT72 tends to fall through the map or spins uncontrollably in the air around the map?). Despite this though it's more than annoying when there's a infantry using a burnt out car as cover and neither SH or HE provide enough splash damage to even damage the infantry at all, while expecting splash damage to kill the infantry in this situation may be a bit unreasonable it should do some damage to the infantry.

 

APFSDS shells seem absolutely pointless right now, with the combination of armor piercing rounds in the 12.7 and HE shells being more than adequate for taking out vehicles while still being serviceable against infantry.

 

Something I think really does need improving before any more balancing is the vehicles aiming reticle, shooting between small gaps efficiently is basically impossible as the reticle seems to stick to the edges of walls etc and while trying to aim between a small gap the reticle will jump to the edges of the gap rather than between the edges despite me aiming between the edges. A lot of the time you can't hit infantry bobbing up and down behind horizontal cover with the cannon because of this.

 

 

@TENb SH is the way forward for racking up kills against infantry, HE as secondary + 12.7 armor piercing for taking out vehicles. You just have to be a little less aggressive than pre 0.2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, VoodooGaming said:

Something I think really does need improving before any more balancing is the vehicles aiming reticle, shooting between small gaps efficiently is basically impossible as the reticle seems to stick to the edges of walls etc and while trying to aim between a small gap the reticle will jump to the edges of the gap rather than between the edges despite me aiming between the edges. A lot of the time you can't hit infantry bobbing up and down behind horizontal cover with the cannon because of this.

Yup, have noticed this too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pre-nerfed AoE was a skilless method to climb the scoreboard. I rather they gave it a larger AoE for dealing minor damage for assist and inflicting suppression. Personally, i like how developers balance vehicles in semi-realistic FPS like Squad, red orchestra 2 and rising storm 2.  Even when custom servers increased the vehicle count limits, not many players would fight for vehicle roles, it takes skill, positioning, and communication to excel in a support role. Players do not use them because it is easy to get kills, players use them because the team needed reconnaissance, area denial, suppression, and transport.

Even with the nerfed AoE, I have no issues getting 20+ kills in a single life. keep your distance, I have seen too many players drive up close to compensate for the reduced AoE only to get killed by tandems.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys please vote, i think infantry tank hater will win, it so with we can clear tank from the list in game.
I need to play more than 6500 in game points for just a few minutes for a fully equipped tank
that is not easy to collect as many points,the game is between arma and bf series
so should have own signature

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2018 at 3:27 AM, VoodooGaming said:

Something I think really does need improving before any more balancing is the vehicles aiming reticle, shooting between small gaps efficiently is basically impossible as the reticle seems to stick to the edges of walls etc and while trying to aim between a small gap the reticle will jump to the edges of the gap rather than between the edges despite me aiming between the edges. A lot of the time you can't hit infantry bobbing up and down behind horizontal cover with the cannon because of this.

 

For sure the reticles in vehicles will be improved both graphically and mechanically.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2018 at 2:02 AM, VBK-Anarchie said:

Guys please vote, i think infantry tank hater will win, it so with we can clear tank from the list in game.
I need to play more than 6500 in game points for just a few minutes for a fully equipped tank
that is not easy to collect as many points,the game is between arma and bf series
so should have own signature

 

BP is super easy to get. 6.5k is half though a match I'm usually sitting on 3-4k though out a game waiting on cool down to be up after dropping a arty strike.

I can go a full game in default tank getting 10k points at the end of a 35 minute short match.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

I can go a full game in default tank getting 10k points at the end of a 35 minute short match.

 

10k is not much,

i make 14-17k as infantry only(when i'm team lead and battle isn't one sided ofc)... when you get in any armor you hinder your BP gaining.

Edited by Marg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marg said:

10k is not much,

i make 14-17k as infantry only(when i'm team lead and battle isn't one sided ofc)... when you get in any armor you hinder your BP gaining.

yeah I would say so to 10k as armor is quite a bit you also get less kills since you are limited by not being able to go to where every battle is to kill people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

yeah I would say so to 10k as armor is quite a bit you also get less kills since you are limited by not being able to go to where every battle is to kill people.

i woudl say 60% of all points you get is through caping... and with armor, most of times you can't get into cap but ok, 

Edited by Marg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2018 at 12:28 PM, Kony said:

I hate to disappoint you, but I doubt that we are going to bring back the old splash since it was a no brainer. It is more likely that the damage spread will be more generous, but the radius cannot be such ridiculous as before.

Besides, back at launch the blast radius was being calculated  wrong  - the further from the center of explosion, the bigger the damage was dealt. 

Hey. I think that we all saw enough votes. It became obvious that if you choose 1 (I voted for it) or option 3, then many players will not be happy. I think a good compromise will stop at version 2, so that no one would be left offended. I really hope that you will implement this in the next update.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I changed my mind, as a Tank player, I am not happy with these settings. My tanks are firing NERF shells, in other words, I am creating craters around players and they are receiving no damage. Who at TF51 decided that Tanks would have to be mobile sniper rifles? This is a terrible decision, no idea why the team thought this was a good idea. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...