Draxxon

Ideas for more immersion

After picking up the game a few days ago and spending a lot of hours on it these are some suggestions I would make as I have played a lot of these types of games over many years.

The game feels a bit to 2 dimensional.  By this i mean that there are only a couple of building that have more than the ground level.  Adding more level to buildings or maybe the ability to climb buildings will turn it into a more 3d experience and stop a lot of bum rushing that i have noticed top squads do as they will need to move slower to avoid getting sniped or spotted.

There is a lot of sprites.  like way too many.  just bits of paper everywhere.  It distracts from the game.  Although i still do alright in the game and am usually in the top 5 I find that at least 30 percent of my time is trying to snipe a piece of paper.  its very frustrating.  Maybe having the ability to turn it down or off would be great.  As someone who used to be a professional gamer and have spent a lot of time since then helping coach and develop professional graded esports teams i can say quite safely that removing these or lessening them will allow for an esports scene of which i believe this game has in the bag after full release.

Having aircraft added will again add to the 3d aspect and make it feel more like a war zone.

• Thanks 1

I agree that some maps would benefit from opening more interiors but afaik, mostly Berlin has this problem and some places on Warsaw.

Moscow has plenty of levels and in the TDM version of Berlin there are more interiors and windows to look from.

Regarding aircraft - check the Roadmap, we are adding Heli Combat Drone in 0.4.

As for the paper flying around: thank God that I'm not the only one who felt that way. On certain areas it's really bad and most annoying is the particles of the fire. Sometimes they are so huge that you think there is a person standing there... 

best thing to bring up immersion would be better audio design... take a look at insurgency sandstorm... so much more immersive just because of well done audiodesign...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Draxxon said:

I find that at least 30 percent of my time is trying to snipe a piece of paper.  its very frustrating.

Not as frustrating as being OHK to the stomach for the tenth billionth time (it is getting really old now, depressingly old). Snipers are OP as it is by not having to aim for the head/face for a OHK, reducing the paper/ sprites would probably just make it even easier to snipe. If anything there needs to be more cover and obstructions to help with the OP sniper problem. I honestly thought when I started playing that the OHK to the gut was a bug, you know with snipers not really having to aim or should I say only having to aim at the largest or second largest part of the body for that OHK, turns out it's not a bug; just a very bizarre design choice... Game ruining design choice, that is unless you're a sniper.

More veticality is needed for sure. places like a2 medium Berlin would greatly be improved with more 2nd floor places to shoot from instead of the tripple stack in the middle. Other places such as c1 berlin medium can have better fights if there was a 2nd floor room on one of the walls to give more substance to the fight.

and mabye a 2nd floor room or two overlooking B2 on berlin medium as well.

Changing that construction sight on Moscow to a more complete building with another floor with greatly improve the map.

A lot of the game has issue with kinda binary objective locations and lack depth. Most cases taking a objective location is pretty binary, quick, and, simple. Adding more vertality would add a bit more depth and lengthen the fight with also giving more content per location.

No issues with the particles they dont look anything like a player.

• Like 1