Z3Id366

Target acquire

squad based Target acquire system

Imagine a situation that you are a squad leader trying to take objective A1 while your rout is pinned down, you designate the area where you are being shot at via lazer pointer and a nearby squad/MBT/light armour picks it up and suppress the enemy allowing you to enter

Possitive outcomes

Giving the squad leader the power to bring backup

increasing teamplay from sqadbase to teambased

increasing the ability of a team to capture objectives without allowing one team to baserape

The Idea behind this is quite interesting. The execution is not. Via a laser pointer i don't know. I never was in the military, but in films they use different colored smoke for various purposes, this seems to me more appropriate. 

Marking an area with the colored smoke. A friend shoots at people near that smoke and gets points for suppressing fire, but also the smoke will hinder your team's vision. This means that both parties can have advantages and disadvantages depending on the player skill and behavior. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, maddinii said:

The Idea behind this is quite interesting. The execution is not. Via a laser pointer i don't know. I never was in the military, but in films they use different colored smoke for various purposes, this seems to me more appropriate. 

Marking an area with the colored smoke. A friend shoots at people near that smoke and gets points for suppressing fire, but also the smoke will hinder your team's vision. This means that both parties can have advantages and disadvantages depending on the player skill and behavior. 

Depends on the army, i know that most western armies designate using laser or giving coordinates via UAV/oversights, smoke is more on the old school... But it truly adds more skill when the enemy has also the opportunity to know he is going to get hit

• Like 1