Sign in to follow this  
TZoningHard

No need for weight limit.

So we now have a weight limit for some reason. I first found out when some people were saying that there wont be any "op builds" which is incorrect since weapons are for the most part horizontal to each other so it doesn't matter if some one has 10 LMGs and 20 PRGs, or one AR then arent gonna be outright better. Some talk about not being able to carry heavy weapons and heavy armor ect...

The real reason that you arent already able to wear heavy armor is that going outside of the light bracket for extra protection is not meta. You only go heavy armor if you are outside the light bracket for extra fire power like you need a RPG class and then you stay in the lowest bracket as possible afterwards when choosing armor.

Right now being on .2,  heavy makes you super slow and heavy armor is a hindrance for survivalility since it slows you down.

There are no issue with heavy bracket being OP and the weight its self is plenty of a balancing factor with the speed you move.

Armor is getting a slight buff against ARs but doesn't really matter when 80% of the time you get hit out side the plate when its a body/gut shot, so heavy armor isn't all that effective for the weight still.

Its not a issue that needed fixed, and I see problems instead of solutions or more depth. similar to shotguns getting nerfed when they are not used a lot as is and are very tame with the vepr needing a range buff of some sorts.

Like not wanting us to use a TOR to kill people as its apparently OP to some people but not give us any way to have a separate gun with out giving up a helmet.

Making armor and customization a bigger part is good, but the biggest hurdle is that you can easily not shoot the plate and kill faster. Really need to push people to aim better and for the center of the chest so head on's armor is worth while and practical in the effecting of the outcome. I would rather have a over encumbered bracket that didn't out right stop you form going with a load out or at least give us more weight to work with.

Should try to make the center chest the sweet spot and the outer lower grade for not aiming precisely. Then armor can be used in head on fights and it would require some effort to get a kill with a flank.

IDK where feed back would be coming from about of shotguns being OP or there being OP heavy load outs but its not twitter, the reddit's, english forums, youtube, or the non official discords so I guess it's the only place I dont see which is the official discord.
  • Like 2

Imho weight limit is needed, so you won't have fucking crazy tank builds running everywhere and you have to balance your stuff. And yes, running speed means a lot sometimes.

On 1/9/2019 at 1:25 AM, SGTAce said:

Imho weight limit is needed, so you won't have fucking crazy tank builds running everywhere and you have to balance your stuff. And yes, running speed means a lot sometimes.

There is no such thing as a tank build, especially since gut shots are the main kill method. Tanks builds are just slow people, that don't understand, one primary is all you really need in the game, coupled with faster sprinting. 

On 1/9/2019 at 1:25 AM, SGTAce said:

There were no OP builds or Tank builds.

Having two primaries doesn't mater when they are pretty much horizontal is balance. Armor is meh at this point and being slow is the biggest balancing factor. Weight limit is not needed at all.

Now you cant even have the freedom that made the loadouts great.

This, like everything else, is not set in stone and will be balanced if not changed. Topics like this help us decide which way to go, so keep it up.

As for what I personally think, adding a weight limit instantly made the minigame of optimizing my builds a lot more fun. That said I can see some good arguments here, especially with gutshots.

So an idea (not planned, just came up with it): what if heavier armor also covered more? This way gut shots wouldn't be reliable anymore (you can't know what someone is wearing, unless you're *really* good) and heavy armor would indeed give a lot more protection.

• Like 4

I like that idea! Especially because I think I posted something quite similar in some other thread. 😎

On 12/31/2018 at 10:27 AM, HeiligeRobbe said:

[...]

Quick idea on the side: What do you think of the heavier plates covering a larger surface of the body. Thus, the heaviest plate would cover the whole gut and make gut shots impossible (as long as the plate lasts of course).

3 hours ago, Ragir said:

So an idea (not planned, just came up with it): what if heavier armor also covered more? This way gut shots wouldn't be reliable anymore (you can't know what someone is wearing, unless you're *really* good) and heavy armor would indeed give a lot more protection.

It is not a bad idea, being much slower than the others and thus having more armor coverage could be a good compensation. Other things needs to be changed though, such as sniper rifles not delivering one shot kills to the head, do to helmet getting in the way. ARs, SMG, and maybe even LMGs should have to fire a few shot to get the head shot kill, but snipers should bypass the helmet armor completely. As of now, the best places to shoot for with any weapons is either the face or the gut, legs are not bad either. 

3 hours ago, Ragir said:

This, like everything else, is not set in stone and will be balanced if not changed. Topics like this help us decide which way to go, so keep it up.

As for what I personally think, adding a weight limit instantly made the minigame of optimizing my builds a lot more fun. That said I can see some good arguments here, especially with gutshots.

As long as you would scale it from lightest-heaviest. If you only do it for the heavy armor that would make it a must have because it would be the only protection against gut shots.

Edited by Tweak

6 hours ago, Ragir said:

I would rather solve the cause of the issue which is low TTK from gut shots and the large OHK hitbox for some weapons.

I see the choice to cover the gut as rock paper scissor balancing/ meta balancing which I dont like. It reminds me of MMORPGs when one class is OP instead of balancing it out right they add a counter class to attempt to alter the meta game by pushing people off of the OP class to lessen the issue for all other classes.

The problem still exist but now you either run the counter or hope you dont run in to the OPness like in MMOs which is still there but limited now.

But for a lot of people aiming at the gut will still be a thing as you dont lose out on any damage since the gut is not only equal to the damage of the chest at worst case scenario to the attacker and when by chance the opponent has no gut armor it will be the insta death.

Would much rather have the current torso damage model moved up and if possible made smaller to mimic a vitals hitbox you see on targets which would be covered by the standard plate. the non center of the chest and gut will be a lower damage multiplier resulting in a simulation of consistency which would make some people happy who complain about that.

It would give more reward to having centered shots from all sides you shoot at the target from eliminate insta deaths from the front, balance sniper over all to have to either hit head or center chest and hope the armor isn't to high tier.

Making the target on the chest smaller for bolters will still reward good aim and give a possible easier target but add the chance of a non OHK while giving more mercy to the receiver since now getting hit anywhere on the torso outside of center inst a OHK. Using a high tier plate will prevent OHK to the chest plate depending on the rifle making one rifle deal better with tier 3 plates then another rifle but still stopped by steel.

High tier plates like steel could prevent damage to the vitals to the point that gut is better which audible and visual ques such as sparks to let the shooter know to adjust the aim.

I would keep the variables between the bullets to kill in a range of t4 is only 3 more bullets or just about that to kill if possible and t1 plate would be 4ish to 5 bullets AR to kill.

I DO LIKE THE OPTION OF MORE PLATES SIZES, but as well combined with the smaller vital area to shoot would instead of being RPS/meta balancing would be addition protection to people spraying at you or from follow up shots from shottys and bolters.

I would also like to add a t4 helmet that would be only wearable with certain helmets like the spetznaz which will also limit the view and FOV possible with a mechanic like in Bioshock when you were a big daddy and Kingdomcome but to a appropriate degree. You could also add view obstruction to some helmets maybe but out side of the t4 some people will complain like they did in Bioshock.

Kingdom-Come-Deliverance_Review07.png

Would give a sense of being really armored along with a large steel plate would make you a tank and add immersion.

I would tie this together with weight by asking for instead of a hard limit add a overencumbrance that is slower then heavy by a lil bit, no slide, slower stance change, slower ADS, and slower swaps.

The weight system right now needs more leniency in the least.

• Like 2