Sign in to follow this  
Hoak

Stuck In Load/Help Screeen After .3 Update

I was one of the lucky that never had any trouble loading WW3, until the 0.3 update that is. Now I'm stuck in the new loads screen that has the basic help, and three dots chasing infinite progress in the lower right corner.  I did all the usual, checked file integrity through Steam, updated to latest NVIDIA drivers, disabled my firewall, everything I could think...no luck...

Nothing has changed on my system since the game was working fine; which is: Windows 10 Enterprise, NVIDA\Intel reference design platform for paid beta testing: 1080Ti, Intel i7 8700K, and 64GB of RAM, nothing is over-clocked, hacked or tweaked, no Windows 'fast ring woopty doo' all my other UE engine games run error free, seamlessly as does everything else...

Any recommendations? Please advise...

Edited by Hoak

I have the same problem. I did a fresh install of the game, deleted the WW3 cache folder as some people suggested (it did help some problems though, like emblems, showing soldier without holding a weapon, etc) but when I try to load a map it goes on infinitely. I  tried EU server, several times, not sure about others.

I have exactly the same issue with loading the game as the person above. I'm stuck on the screen when loading a map. After that no response from the game whatsoever.

I made files integrity via Steam.

Note: I also upgraded my Nvidia drivers this morning.

Specs: Windows 10, Asus ROG gaming laptop, Intel i5-6300, 8GB ram, Nvidia 960M.

Cheers for help @Rozmo

Edit: False alarm. The maps are loading and I can play. But the game is crashing regurarly. I'll provide you dump files in other section of the forum. Cheers!

Edited by PIOTR623503
Status update

On 12/21/2018 at 3:54 AM, PIOTR623503 said:

I have issue issue with loading the game as the person above. I'm stuck on the screen when loading a map. After that no response from the game whatsoever.

I made files integrity via Steam.

Note: I also upgraded my Nvidia drivers this morning.

Specs: Windows 10, Asus ROG gaming laptop, Intel i5-6300, 8GB ram, Nvidia 960M.

Cheers for help @Rozmo

Edit: False alarm. The maps are loading and I can play. But the game is crashing regurarly. I'll provide you dump files in other section of the forum. Cheers!

Anyone fix this I am having the same issues.

9 hours ago, Rogerdoger45 said:

Anyone fix this I am having the same issues.

No progress here, tried clean install, and even a new install (Windows 10 & WW3) on my AMD reference hardware and same hang at the load screen.  It's interesting as sometimes during some attempts I can here what sounds like a game in progress, but I never get in.

Was really hoping to play this holiday weekend, and where there are this many posts, there are bound to be a lot more would be players having the same problem that don't have the time, initiative or even know about the forum that would like to play....

@Rogerdoger45 and @Hoak I may be completely wrong, but maybe try this..

As I had a feeling i was lacking of memory while loading the maps, I started adjusting the size of pagefile.sys file. If you Google it, you'll see it's related to allocating virtual memory instead of using RAM. My file on c:\ drive is around 11GB and I have selected option to automatically allocate the size of the file.

Make sure also you've downloaded from Steam (files integration) the latest WW3 hotfix.

On 12/23/2018 at 4:00 AM, PIOTR623503 said:

@Rogerdoger45e and @Hoak I may be completely wrong, but maybe try this..

As I had a feeling i was lacking of memory while loading the maps, I started adjusting the size of pagefile.sys file. If you Google it, you'll see it's related to allocating virtual memory instead of using RAM. My file on c:\ drive is around 11GB and I have selected option to automatically allocate the size of the file.

Make sure also you've downloaded from Steam (files integration) the latest WW3 hotfix.

Yes, I have... In fact I posted about this here back in October as UE depending on how much TF51 is tweaking things can be a bit flaky in how it uses system RAM. I'm running WW3 on two reference systems with 32GB and 64GB of RAM, and technically shouldn't need to even have a Windows page/swap file enabled, but whether enabled or not, and regardless of size doesn't makes any difference since the 0.3 update as the game hangs indefinitely no matter what. Perhaps the game is flaking out because it's seeing too much memory...

Edited by Hoak

2 hours ago, Hoak said:

Yes, I have... In fact I posted about this here back in October as UE depending on how much TF51 is tweaking things can be a bit flaky in how it uses system RAM. I'm running WW3 on two reference systems with 32GB and 64GB of RAM, and technically shouldn't need to even have a Windows page/swap file enabled, but whether enabled or not, and regardless of size doesn't makes any difference in since the 0.3 update as the game hangs indefinitely no matter what. Perhaps the game is flaking out because it's seeing too much memory...

I have 16 GB ram, and everything was fine until new patch. Still same, no solution

Having similar issues now, although the game used to hang on loading screens, I can get in, play for a little -> then crashes no matter what I'm doing on the side.

My specs are not the greatest but I mean, before some patches, I could honestly play with no issue, as long as I'm on 50% resolution scale. :(

AMD FX 8350, GTX 1050 (not a TI, normal 2GB), 24GB RAM (16GB Useable).. drivers up to date and all. WW3 Steam files verified, etc. No idea what's going on.

17 hours ago, Ravose said:

Having similar issues now, although the game used to hang on loading screens, I can get in, play for a little -> then crashes no matter what I'm doing on the side.

My specs are not the greatest but I mean, before some patches, I could honestly play with no issue, as long as I'm on 50% resolution scale. :(

AMD FX 8350, GTX 1050 (not a TI, normal 2GB), 24GB RAM (16GB Useable).. drivers up to date and all. WW3 Steam files verified, etc. No idea what's going on.

Your system isn't the problem, you have enough there to run the game -- as even SOTA reference systems are hung at the moment. And this is a 'cockroach' bug problem, for everyone you see (or in this case is reported), there are hundreds more experiencing the issue...

• Like 1

Same problem,

z390 godlike MB

32gb ram @3300mhz

2 titan xps in sli

ran great until this patch.

Edited by Reavantos

On 12/25/2018 at 5:12 PM, Reavantos said:

Same problem,

z390 godlike MB

32gb ram @3300mhz

2 titan xps in sli

ran great until this patch.

That's 5 systems I know of that are well to spec for this game, three reference design systems, and no issue pre 0.3, so what changed?

10 hours ago, Hoak said:

That's 5 systems I know of that are well to spec for this game, three reference design systems, and no issue pre 0.3, so what changed?

Most probably server side problem

Posted (edited)

Another week, another weekend -- unable to connect on five different systems... The number of people this is effecting is in all likelihood unknowably LARGE -- considering the play stats...  A roll-back on what ever updates or changes were made effecting networking client and/or server side would be prudent until the issue is understood and play-share stands at zero...

Edited by Hoak

Please let's rise atention on this one. I want to be able to play again :(