We wanted to differentiate it from Assault Rifles a bit with a lower ROF; ROF is one of the relatively few things we modify regardless of the weapon's real life behaviour since most of them fire at around 600-800 RPM which isn't much to work with in game terms. Most games circumnavigate that by having different weapons deal different damage but since we keep damage based on the bullet caliber we would end up with over half of the weapons handling almost exactly the same.

Truth is most differences between guns IRL come from handling, ease of use and other things that can't be "translated" well into an FPS without reinventing the wheel so to speak, we had to find ways to get around that based on our design principles.

Edited by Borreh
  • Like 1

a lot of people are saying that the scar is OP. I see that it is strong but its really not all that good in my opinion and a very few others.

I dont think it out performs weapons such as g38 at range for me at least but is more efficeint at magzine per kill at range then the g38 but the g38 is a faster kill at range.

In cqb it is very strong but is not a garenteed win.

Ill have a better suggestion later but its alround good with need of tweeks to make it a more DMR like weapon tgat semi auto is usefull on if that was the intent.

1 hour ago, Borreh said:

We wanted to differentiate it from Assault Rifles a bit with a lower ROF; ROF is one of the relatively few things we modify regardless of the weapon's real life behaviour since most of them fire at around 600-800 RPM which isn't much to work with in game terms. Most games circumnavigate that by having different weapons deal different damage but since we keep damage based on the bullet caliber we would end up with over half of the weapons handling almost exactly the same.

Truth is most differences between guns IRL come from handling, ease of use and other things that can't be "translated" well into an FPS without reinventing the wheel so to speak, we had to find ways to get around that based on our design principles.

Ok but I find it a bit the wrong way, maybe the damage on the weapons are set a bit too high. Sometimes the TTD feels too short especially by belly shots 2 Hits dead. I hope the game doesn't become to a Hardcore shooter, 40 damage at the Scar H is very high. AK-Alfa (Alpha) AK-12 (AK-15) and Beryl plays close the same and you loose often against them with the G36 which have a high fire rate in close range.

But the fire rate on the pistols need improvements, if you click the mouse fast the shots are fired doesn't match really and it feels slow.

Damage can also be correlated from one barrel to another, on the same caliber. For each weapon has a different length, and depending on how long the barrel is, the bullet will have a different speed (meaning different damage)

On 12/21/2018 at 5:24 PM, Scroopi said:

Ok but I find it a bit the wrong way, maybe the damage on the weapons are set a bit too high. Sometimes the TTD feels too short especially by belly shots 2 Hits dead. I hope the game doesn't become to a Hardcore shooter, 40 damage at the Scar H is very high. AK-Alfa (Alpha) AK-12 (AK-15) and Beryl plays close the same and you loose often against them with the G36 which have a high fire rate in close range.

But the fire rate on the pistols need improvements, if you click the mouse fast the shots are fired doesn't match really and it feels slow.

We noticed that, it will be fixed.

• Like 2

On 12/21/2018 at 10:13 AM, Borreh said:

I tend to not like it when damage is dictated just by caliber it overpowers certain guns and makes others weak as hell.

• Like 1

I think he was talking about pistols.

I think the issue with the scar is that its too good upclose but is also weak at range compared to ARs since you can aim them better for faster at range TK.

Maybe less horizontal recoil, slower ADS and more spread on recoil.