bigeasy

We need a server browser

The 0.3 update has finally allowed me to start the game and get onto a server in less than 5 minutes (before it would take 10-20). However, each time I try to join a server it is always just me and I then have to wait for 5-10 minutes for more players to join. If this game had larger numbers of players I'm sure the built in matchmaking system would work fine but, unfortunately the game is mostly sub 500 players at any time. If the devs could implement a server browser, players would finally be able to join games with a decent number of players. Even if this just meant allowing us to use the steam server browser it would still be an improvement over what we currently have.

I understand that the main priority for the studio may be to iron out bugs and increase optimisations before doing anything like this however I feel like it would greatly benefit the game if such a feature were added.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DELTA38 said:

@Monster Hesh You can't actually join a server like that though, only view them.

^ this - if there could be option to join or even queue that would be great

The main issue, like he said, is lack of players. The process through which you are connected seems to me to be 50% black magic; I will join a mostly finished game of warzone with a grand total of three players, and then after that land in a game that has around 10 a side (big in OC region). There are a few problems with this:

Firstly, I would prefer to land in a server with more players, even if there is worse latency

Secondly, even if the smaller lobby needs more players, why would there even be two concurrent lobbies in the first place when there is a max. team size of 32??

Thirdly, once a game ends, the players can't continue matchmaking, and so get disbanded and have to rejoin the hunt for a reasonably sized game.