Monster Hesh

Hit registration

Is it just me or are hits just not landing since the recent update? Full clips can be control fired and only 7 shots will register with the marker, and enemy still hasnt been killed? All the while, I remain being taken out in 1-3 shots, instantly.

Edited by Monster Hesh
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ttk has been increased slighty in some cases.

some other people talked about it but i think its just the game feels diffrently now but there might be somthing there.

If it is the same thing that was present on the PTE it is indeed a problem with the hit registration. I sometimes fired 5 or more bullets in semi-auto mode with the Scar and good see that every shot did hit (it was a stationary target anyway) and no hit did register. As the ingame chat revealed I was not the only one with the problem.

• Like 1

I really don't like the way shooting works now. If before patch 0.3 I had a stable K/D 3.0 - 4.0, now I can only play K/D 1.0 - 1.5 (dezmatch mode)

• Thanks 1

more effort is required now. makes it more interesting and not just a one way slaughter. You also seem to be able to counter play a lot better instead of dying to low effort aiming just because it was first.

12 minutes ago, TENb said:

I really don't like the way shooting works now. If before patch 0.3 I had a stable K/D 3.0 - 4.0, now I can only play K/D 1.0 - 1.5 (dezmatch mode)

because of this in the BF community, a riot erupted?

I'm actually doing better after .3 than I was before the patch.

But even pre patch, I've noticed some hit registration issues. Could be due to lag, and it only happens rarely.

hit reg could be a issue for a lot of people contibuting to the games ttk and with the influx of returning players who arent that good and the -10% penitration on AR.

maybe they nerfed pistols and shoties to coencided with the ar tweak.

we will wait till after christmas break to see if hit reg fix changes the feel.

So hits are still landing without damage being dealt? because that is kind of what I'm seeing. Or, has damage just been reduced? if that's the case then I have a hit reg issue.

I preferred pre update gunplay, it felt more intense, more rewarding, it was a better battle.

Edited by Monster Hesh

I feel the hit detection is great, Honestly if i miss i genuinely feel I fucked the shot up not the game. the TTK has noticeably increased however it still feels solid.

Overall the feel of the game is solid, I can't complain at all about it.

I agree with Hawkeyepc the hit reg is ok most of the time. However earlier today I unloaded a whole mag in to a guy and nothing hit - before he turned and two tapped me in the goolies - he later said in chat he had been hit twice by my bullets. Maybe a random desync thing going on?

Im somewhat mixed on the new TTK, its annoying when you get 1/2 shot by someone at 300m away but have to unload into someone 50m away.

I'd say it I agree with the notion hit reg needs work (it's acting funky at best right now) sometimes all my shots connect even when I know im missing and other times it like 2/10 connect at short distances.

The way it seems on my side is that 30-40% register damage. Controlled accurate aim at chest/shoulder/face&head height, all hits animate a hit: be it blood splat or enemy model twitch, yet only the 30-40% of the hits will show a hit marker or give a damage count. Even after seeing the helmet damage marker the enemy can take multiple hits to the head and not be downed. So it can take 2/3 of a clip to down one enemy. While 50% of the time, i'm down in 1-2 shots, with the same AR's.

I didn't have this issue before the 0.3 patch.

A lot of people (including me) have insane rubberbanding (even when our latency is below 80) after the last update. This might be the problem with hits not registering (at least for me). I empty 50 rounds into somebody, see blood everywhere but no hits. And they cannot hit me either most of the time.

The hit registration is somewhat broken. Sometimes it's almost like there is an invisible barrier so maybe a problem with the armor? I shoot people, see blood coming from where i hit them and the hit did not register (no hit marker), as seen in the video. 

I do apologize for my high scope potato aim, i have a good excuse :D

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, maddinii said:

The hit registration is somewhat broken. Sometimes it's almost like there is an invisible barrier so maybe a problem with the armor? I shoot people, see blood coming from where i hit them and the hit did not register (no hit marker), as seen in the video. 

I do apologize for my high scope potato aim, i have a good excuse :D

Judging from the video, I think the hit-reg problem might be caused by server side latency. Had a couple of games today, had a high but stable latency/ping (100+/200+) but got the same issue as what most of you guys pointed out (probably...). Devs might wanna look into this issue.

• Like 1

If it is latency issue, maybe it came with the "fix" for the superbullets (this still happens sometimes btw.) ... However i don't think it is a latency issue. My connection is average and my ping fairly low. With a latency issue there would be no blood or am i wrong? 

"Nice" hit reg. And the wooden railing is not shot through. In other matters, all wooden is no longer shot, after patch 0.3

Edited by TENb

Hit reg is definitely an issue after the latest patch, especially TDM Berlin. 

When I tested the G36 the first map i was on was Berlin WZ. It felt off but im not sure. After that I had 3-4 games of Smolensk and the G36 felt good and preformed very well. Maybe berlin issue with hitreg.

11 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

When I tested the G36 the first map i was on was Berlin WZ. It felt off but im not sure. After that I had 3-4 games of Smolensk and the G36 felt good and preformed very well. Maybe berlin issue with hitreg.

I'm not sure what they have done to the G36 but its gone from being my favourite to now I dont use it after the patch. Over 50+ meters the accuracy sucks now, returned back to the AK-15

1 hour ago, Gutshot said:

I thought it was just me. Hit reg was so well before the patch :(

Sadly not dude :(