Sign in to follow this  
maddinii

Feedback on Update 0.3

I think 0.3 didn't really go well so far. 

Metagame bugged?

I'm note sure what's happening with the Metagame, as i still haven't figured it out yet. Is it one metagame for each server or one metagame for all together? It seems like i keep getting a different metagame all the time, and after joining a match i'd be in a different one. I have successfully wasted all of my points without getting any benefits from it, because the server connected to the metagame was a different one i donated to or it just didn't work. If it's a different one, then where is the point in donating supplies in the first place, if you don't get the benefits from it? It's also lagging like hell. 

Inviting friends

The squad play is quite odd. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Playing with friends is a game of luck it seems. We were loading into different maps, sometimes one person was loading and the other was not and sometimes nothing happened at all. Also for some reason i couldn't start a match, i would always have to let somebody else start it and only the person who makes the squad can que up for a match. Restarting the game helped sometimes. 

Squad Leader Icon

The squad leader icon on the map is not fixed by any means. It doesn't appear un-clickable anymore, in fact it doesn't appear at all sometimes. Also you get squads with 8+ players? Not that i mind bigger squads, but if you do bigger squads at least make it visually clear. I've been getting 20.000 points one match because i had a huge squad, so this is kind of game breaking as you can leech points to easily. 

Performance of the game

The overall ram usage is less, but when in the main menu the computer really powers up and the graphic card has a hard time working, whereas in game it doesn't seem to be to bad. Stuttering is still a thing, but mainly the main menu is a problem. My computer sounds like an airplane in the main menu and when in a match it goes back to normal. 

New Battle Rifle

The SCAR-H is okay, but sometimes hits don't register (this was known in PTE) and also the Handguard are bugged (also known) plus some stuff costs 10.000 credits? Like holy crap the amount of money i wasted before i noticed... 

Game stability

The overall stability is quite bad right now (yes even after 0.3.1). Before 0.3.1 i had just a couple of crashes, after that small fix i'm crashing in every match. One time i literally just loaded into a match and it crashed. Also a lot of players can't even get into the main menu and there is some moderators trying to help, but they can't do much. I think somebody should stand up and talk with them trying to sort it out. Not good if people can't play and then get the feeling that it's not being taken seriously. Just to be fair: These crashed didn't actually happen to me like this on the test server, it was working more or less okay there. 

New Map

The smolensk map is nice. Get stuck here and there, you kind of expect that from a prototype map so it's not too bad as long as it get's taken care of. The only problem is, that people are really abusing the paper walls at the moment and you can't shelter anywhere, because they know they can just shoot trough the wall and kill you anyway. 

Changes in armor 

With the changes in armor some weapon seem like they are really left behind. I was having a hard time killing people with the G36. Sometimes i'd hit them 6 - 7 times and then end up dieing before them. This shouldn't be happening, they need re-balancing again. So i also tried the MCS in warzone where it was literally garbage. It was completely unable to kill ANYBODY that was further away then 5 meters. Example is Moscow Bravo 2. There is that little room people spawn in and it has 2 doors. You can not kill somebody who is on the other door if you are standing in one door, as they will spray you down before you do some serious damage. 

New Team Death Match Map 

I really don't like TDM, but i played matches in Warsaw and Berlin anyway just for testing and i was positively surprised from the Berlin TDM Map. This one is great and it doesn't feel so frustrating anymore. I'm still not a fan of TDM, but this particular map is playable for me. Good job! Warsaw however i've noticed some issues. The spawn point doesn't seem to change until somebody physically enters the area where people spawn, so a lot of rounds are decided by who gets to camp their spawn first. I've had rounds where the entire team was camping the spawn and it did not change for the whole round. People spawned in and where immediately shot down, this also happened the other way around until somebody actually walks into the spawn. It's really bad for spawn camping and i can't remember it being this bad when i first tested this, so maybe that's a bug? 

Making a Loadout 

The Shopping cart is generally a nice feature, but in this form its more frustrating then helpfully. You can put literally one item into the shopping cart and when you click another item your previous item will be removed. So instead of clicking one button to buy things i now have to click the object, click the basket, confirm the basket and do that for every item. It's yeah it's frustrating. All it needs is the ability to put more items in the cart and it'll be fine then. For the future i would also wish, that the background changes for every second item, to make it 100% visibly clear, that you have more then one item. Example: 1. Item White Background, 2. Item Grey Background and so on. Of course not on those particular colors. 

Some of the scopes No Magnification look quite nice now, so that was a good job i think. 
I found some Christmas trees scattered on various maps, this was also quite nice (thank you!)

I know it's a lot, but please do read everything and take your time... 

• Like 5

I agree with the armor changes there needs to be another balance pass with most weapons. I initially didn't notice anything different, but now I am seeing a longer TTK and I do not like that at all. The TTK as it was pre patch was already basically at the limit of what I find acceptable (just personal opinion obviously, I love Rising Storm and BF3/4 HC)

I agree with everything @maddinii said above.

In addition...

• I do not enjoy Smolensk in its current form; it frustrates me no end. Personal preference but I would have preferred it to have been released in a more polished form. I will wait for the final version before playing. 
  • I quite like the new 'time to kill/death' ratio. For a start, I have not experienced the insta deaths that were so annoying before now. I mostly use the AK15. It seems fine to me and I have no problem killing enemies. I have even used the SMG's (which were ineffective before) and they have felt better to me. Enjoyable even! I have had one instance where I unloaded an entire clip in to someone and it had no effect. He later said in chat that he had been hit by two bullets only. I feel longer TTK/TTD leads to more tactical/less COD style gameplay and that is a GOOD thing, imho.
  • I don't think map auto-rotation is working correctly. At the end of a match it either boots me back to the menu or puts me in another game, but on the same map. It doesn't take me to another game with a different map. Hence I end up playing multiple times on the same map which is a bit draining.
  • The new sound is amazing! Frightening even. When I first loaded in following the update I couldn't believe the battle noise. It's great, well done!
  • I have CTD'd quite a lot. Mostly this occurs when a game ends or when quitting out of a match.
  • New bugs seem to have appeared on pre-existing maps. I fell through the map on Berlin, for example. This has never happened to me before.
  • I don't know what has happened because I haven't changed any settings, but the graphics seem extra vibrant and lush to me with the update. The sharpen feature is excellent too. Thanks!

On the whole, however, I still feel this is going to be an amazing game and I haven't lost faith. Just need to iron out these little annoyances. I would like to thank you for all your hard work and wish you a Happy Christmas!

• Like 1

Once hitreg is looked into/fixed we can have a better look into the new ttk.

The new TTK is breath of fresh air you actually have to aim, no once getting straight free kills. Before the game honestly wasn't all that hard you see some one and you shot all over their body to get a easy kill. Now it seems people have to aim much more and the skill ceiling got expended.

Armor did not get buffed, penetration got nerfed, ARs got nerfed harder but AP ammo stayed the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, AllTheGearNoIdea said:

I agree with everything @maddinii said above.

In addition...

• I do not enjoy Smolensk in its current form; it frustrates me no end. Personal preference but I would have preferred it to have been released in a more polished form. I will wait for the final version before playing. 
  • I quite like the new 'time to kill/death' ratio. For a start, I have not experienced the insta deaths that were so annoying before now. I mostly use the AK15. It seems fine to me and I have no problem killing enemies. I have even used the SMG's (which were ineffective before) and they have felt better to me. Enjoyable even! I have had one instance where I unloaded an entire clip in to someone and it had no effect. He later said in chat that he had been hit by two bullets only. I feel longer TTK/TTD leads to more tactical/less COD style gameplay and that is a GOOD thing, imho.

I LOVE Smolensk. The lighting is clearly unfinished and textures as well, but this is an awesome map. Can't wait to see the beta. I think the map offers something very different than the current 3 finished ones do, it's a bit more linear but it makes the pacing feel less erratic and more like there's constant action.

47 minutes ago, TZoningHard said:

Once hitreg is looked into/fixed we can have a better look into the new ttk.

The new TTK is breath of fresh air you actually have to aim, no once getting straight free kills. Before the game honestly wasn't all that hard you see some one and you shot all over their body to get a easy kill. Now it seems people have to aim much more and the skill ceiling got expended.

Armor did not get buffed, penetration got nerfed, ARs got nerfed harder but AP ammo stayed the same.

I am constantly in the minority opinion with this, but I do not like a long TTK. I am still confused as to how people consistently hit guts/heads/weak points with things like debris/snow in the air, moving enemy and yourself may be moving, incoming suppressive fire, enemies blending into backgrounds/shadows, sway on distance shots, etc.. There are so many factors that inhibit your ability to aim for a weak point.

I disagree that a quicker TTK makes gameplay like CoD (directed at AllTheGeardNoldea, but responding to both posts). TTK is not what defines CoD's gameplay. PLENTY of strategic shooters (more realistic than WW3 even) have quicker TTKs and no one says those players/games are unskilled. Rising Storm, Squad, Arma, Insurgency, etc. If anything, a quicker TTK makes the player have to be more careful and strategic about their movements and promotes being with your squad.

On the note of pseudo realism, which I believe this game claims to aim for, it makes no sense that a person can still be running/standing and return fire after receiving two or three center mass shots from a rifle, don't care how good your body armor is. I haven't tested it, but I'd imagine it takes 6-7+ shots from an AR to center mass to take someone down in this game. I'd like something in between realistic and where it currently is. 

Edited by DoctorMcBatman

Crashes are big problem for me. I played 2 hours of this new patch and 5 crashes. Its unplayeble for me :( So i send reports and will wait for fix.

New TDM map looks good, i like it. New Smolensk looks nice too, but without textures is full of snipers and its borring me.

Edited by oos78
  • Like 1

Only thing I find a bit odd is that all weapons now start out with even less ammo than befor.

So I understand that u only start with 60 Bullets for ur SCAR-H still kinda low tho. But what I dont get is why some other weapons now also have lower ammo counts, might be just a bug but still, people told me they now start with less ammo for AK-15 too.

8 minutes ago, Úlfhéðnar said:

Only thing I find a bit odd is that all weapons now start out with even less ammo than befor.

So I understand that u only start with 60 Bullets for ur SCAR-H still kinda low tho. But what I dont get is why some other weapons now also have lower ammo counts, might be just a bug but still, people told me they now start with less ammo for AK-15 too.

there's a bug messing with the ammo counts.

3 hours ago, oos78 said:

Crashes are big problem for me. I played 2 hours of this new patch and 5 crashes. Its unplayeble for me :( So i send reports and will wait for fix.

New TDM map looks good, i like it. New Smolensk looks nice too, but without textures is full of snipers and its borring me.

Have you tried deleting the WW3 folder in c:\users\"your user name"\appdata\local\WW3 https://steamcommunity.com/app/674020/discussions/0/1743355067085269869/

Worked for me, could be worth giving it a try if you haven't already ?

• Thanks 1

Maybe this thread can be integrated in the "official" feedback thread? Apart from that I want to start with a short disclaimer: I am at my parents and cannot play for like a week so I cannot give feedback on the stability issues or bugs but it seems odd that apparently the problem was not present or at least not as present on the latest PTE build. I have played a couple of hours on 3.0 (not 3.1) though.

The sound improvement is a great step in the right direction and makes the game a lot more immersive and also helps locating players etc. Berlin TDM is a cool map and I would love to see some of its elements on the Warzone version. Having more indoor areas could also be nice place for shotguns and SMGs to shine over ARs.

As far as I can tell from the feedback the superbullets have been fixed to a large extent and that is pretty good as it allows for a better discussion about the TTK. The same is true now for the hit registration. There are clearly some issues. See also the "Inexistant person" thread in the Bug Reports section. Overall I want to say that you are definitely not alone @DoctorMcBatman.

I can absolutely live with a higher TTK and there were already a number of arguments posted going for it. But I also prefer a shorter TTK and I disagree  that a faster TTK leads to a less skilled / more arcady / more casual / more whatever gameplay. It is not necessarily and automatically. One can think of Bf V whatever one seems fit but there has been a similar discussion recently and the vast majority of experienced verterans far from being COD fans or casuals prefered the faster TTK for a number of arguments which were all well reasoned. (Don't want to turn this into another TTK discussion. Just wanted to support Batman [call me Robin if you want ] :D).

However, in my opinion there is enough room for balancing this perfectly with all the different armor levels in WW3. I can't say this from experience but would you still argue that heavy armor is more of a hinderance @TZoningHard? Would love to hear some opinion about the current armor meta. Ideally the heaviest armor plate is something I should want to have in a firefight. The weight limit makes more sense in my opinion if the heavy stuff is desirable. For example: If I want to run with a sniper rifle and AR then I should get stuck with light armor and die within a few hits. On the downside this would force me to a more frontline focused playstyle of course as I would be slowed down significantly.

The 2 shot headshot potential of the Scar on every range is a good thing I would say and I am already looking forward for new battle rifles. It is a cool weapon class!

Right as for the armor and sniper rifles. It's not legit at all it is a God damn problem. Steel armor will be to heavy for most warzone loadouts so you have the second best simply because it's the second best. 

Right you spawn into a match, let's say Berlin. You're at the southern spawn and want to move left side to Bravo or Delta or large map. You run from cover to cover all the way down there maybe even go the long way around trough the buildings and as soon as you at the objective poof one hit trough the smoke. You have no idea where it came from because the hit marker is shit and we don't want a kill cam you can't do a thing apart from being frustrated. This happens in every single map. If people shoot me in the head fair enough I'll be dead but my head at those distances is probably not much bigger then the letter - o - on your screen right now. They shoot you anywhere and you dead. That's with the lowest caliber rifles even sometimes. 

And this is just not fun. I can't do anything because I have to go to objectives or at least towards the battle and snipers will be at all objectives. I think the weapon sway should be so freaking huge that they can't hit a damn thing when they are standing up. This force them to lay down and immediately solves the problem. 

Edited by maddinii
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, maddinii said:

Changes in armor 

With the changes in armor some weapon seem like they are really left behind. I was having a hard time killing people with the G36. Sometimes i'd hit them 6 - 7 times and then end up dieing before them. This shouldn't be happening, they need re-balancing again. So i also tried the MCS in warzone where it was literally garbage. It was completely unable to kill ANYBODY that was further away then 5 meters. Example is Moscow Bravo 2. There is that little room people spawn in and it has 2 doors. You can not kill somebody who is on the other door if you are standing in one door, as they will spray you down before you do some serious damage. 

I was also very upset g36. It was my favorite weapon in the game. Now I have to look for another weapon that will be as devoted to me as G36 was before the patch.

Edited by TENb
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RevolverRush said:

SIG MPX has ammunition 30/12. it's too low. ?

Tottaly agree. RIP SIG

• Like 1

Didnt login since a month or so, was hoping next patch will fix major problems.

Yet i find that same ol' bugs like loading into the map without ammo or only one mag, loading into empty servers, buged scopes and so on.

Almost all purchased upgrades from before got reset without any compensation. Thermal and ir scopes are useless, most of the time you dont see shit through them.
The new map has more invisble walls than buildings, doesnt make any sense to release something like this.

Honestly i am frustrated the devs dont fix major performance and gameplay issues before including new shit thats barely finished or working properly.

Edited by Gutshot
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gutshot said:

Didnt lock in since a month or so, was hoping next patch will fix major problems.

Yet i find that same ol' bugs like loading into the map without ammo or only one mag, loading into empty servers, buged scopes and so on.

Almost all purchased upgrades from before got reset without any compensation. Thermal and ir scopes are useless, most of the time you dont see shit through them.
The new map has more invisble walls than buildings, doesnt make any sense to release something like this.

Honestly i am frustrated the devs dont fix major performance and gameplay issues before including new shit thats barely finished or working properly.

the ammo bug got fixed in on of the 0.2 patchs weeks ago but was reintroduced.

New map is a prototype for testing. I would like to be able to give really early feedbavk on its direction before a shit load of effort was put into to it keeping it from being changable.

Performance issues for most people have been fixed, but I hope next PTE is longer so more bugs get caught.

On 12/22/2018 at 7:40 AM, TENb said:

I was also very upset g36. It was my favorite weapon in the game. Now I have to look for another weapon that will be as devoted to me as G36 was before the patch.

I think that they implemented the barrel length mechanic where different barrel sizes have different ranges.

I have been destroying with the G36 in my test once I got used to it. My first match I was having problems killing up close and ended up outplaying to win as the gun felt underpowered at first up close with a long barrel, but in later matches I just own with it.

hitreg can be the main issue tho.

On 12/22/2018 at 7:25 AM, maddinii said:

Right as for the armor and sniper rifles. It's not legit at all it is a God damn problem. Steel armor will be to heavy for most warzone loadouts so you have the second best simply because it's the second best. 

Right you spawn into a match, let's say Berlin. You're at the southern spawn and want to move left side to Bravo or Delta or large map. You run from cover to cover all the way down there maybe even go the long way around trough the buildings and as soon as you at the objective poof one hit trough the smoke. You have no idea where it came from because the hit marker is shit and we don't want a kill cam you can't do a thing apart from being frustrated. This happens in every single map. If people shoot me in the head fair enough I'll be dead but my head at those distances is probably not much bigger then the letter - o - on your screen right now. They shoot you anywhere and you dead. That's with the lowest caliber rifles even sometimes. 

And this is just not fun. I can't do anything because I have to go to objectives or at least towards the battle and snipers will be at all objectives. I think the weapon sway should be so freaking huge that they can't hit a damn thing when they are standing up. This force them to lay down and immediately solves the problem. 

I haven't gotten a armor test in and we dont know the current penetration value of the rounds being used besides AP. But I can see cases of armor working against bolters.

B1 area surrounding it is boring in general and the only good fight there is around the gate way. No one uses that side of the map with the plane even on large Berlin were it has a objective point. Its too far off to be a part of the match.

The hitbox for a kill on the TOR and g29 is the torso. With the TOR it is sluggish so it counteracts it a bit. I would really like the OHK hitbox on the body for snipers to be smaller. Shooting in the back is ok but a lot of the time you aim for the gut as the chest armor will make it a 2 or 3 hit kill. Upper chest mainly hte shoulders neck and head should be the target for the g29.

The Tochest is a 90 damage weapon to the torso so it will be a 2 shot from full.

I dont have a issue with finding locations of snipers and bait them to shoot at me a lot by ADADing or other movements in the open to find their location. But I have pretty good map knowledge and know where they would be coming from and were they would most likely be.

I'm slowly getting used to all those crashed and a bit over my frustration. 

Just for encouragement, here's a few things that are quite good

Marking enemies 
The Marking enemies is a lot better! The only thing that is left to do there now is to prevent marking, when the enemy is already marked, as you will get the sound more then once even if the enemy is already marked. When there is more then 1 enemy it can be very annoying that you get the sound over and over again. I don't feel like this is a major issue, i only got confused once, as this type of situation doesn't happen really often, so just the sound and then it's perfect. 

Quick Join Filter

The new "design" or better the added Tick ✔ to the quick join filter makes it easier to understand, what you have selected. The only thing left to do here is save your settings, so you don't have to do it over and over again. 

Loading screens

The Loading screens look better and the loading icon on the bottom doesn't get stuck anymore. Also it's a lot faster to load into a match, just as promised. The Christmas decorations are not disturbing and look nice.  I know this is a bit negative, but personally i think there is to much text on the loading screen. Nobody really want's to spend the time reading all that, i'd prefer it nice and simple, but the tips with the links does fit the design of the loading image nicely, so that can stay as it look visually appealing. The best case scenario here would be a loading image (now for loading match) that changes every now and then, just so you got something for your eyes. 

Squad Leader Icon

It does not bug as often as it used to do. It's still far from perfect, but at least you can actually click it now, which is nice. Sometimes it disappears and when you play with friends it still appears un-clickable untill you leave and re-join squad, but all in all much better then before. 

Weight Limit

It needs a bit tweaking here and there, i think maybe the attachments didn't get accounted properly? First you won't see a great difference, but it does. People now spend more time thinking about their weapons and loadouts which i think is nice. At least people can't use an assault rifle and sniper rifle at the same time anymore. 

Berlin TDM

This map i think is great. I've mentioned this before, but it's probably the only map and / or the only reason to play Team Death Match for me. Just my personal feeling: The many rooms is not what makes the map so great, that feels rather confusing. It's more or less that all the "simple" ways like the wooden path that is on higher area have an easy accessible way and a rather not so easy way. You can get up there fairly quickly and shoot people down with no cover or you can take the other way with full cover. You are not entirely exposed to hostile fire from all sides and even tho people are everywhere it feels less confusing and just overall better then the other map. What i would like to see here is maybe less rooms or some sort of indication where which path leads to for easier navigation. If i know where i am and where i want to go this map would be as good as finished and perfect. Oh and pressing M for that is not really an option, because i can't see who's walking in front of me then :D

Fixed Sights

All of the sights seem to be fixed and working as intended now. Reflection is a problem, and specifically the no magnification sights and fast fire pistol sight have such an ugly and huge reflection that you can't see a thing. Still nice to be able to actually use the sights. Oh and in addition to this: Pistols are useless. They do 18 damage with ap bullets hitting an armor plate or 12 as normal bullet wow..  

I'm sorry to say, that there is still more broken and annoying things then positive things, but at least there is some positive things. And PS: "Side Rail with Red Dot Magnifier" <- lol wtf... I was kind of expecting this to be a side rail that magnifies a red dot.. I couldn't be more wrong. This is my Christmas wish. Make it come in front of your scope just to magnify your current scope thank you! 

Edited by maddinii
  • Like 1