sol

Config exporter / importer

I couldn't  find it so:

In one of the patch notes (or somewhere else) you Devs mentioned that configs will have resets. It's ok, we are in early, but it would be less painful if there would be an option to export (and import) your loadouts. I know that it can be tricky, as there will be new weapons, changes of what you can have on them, and what you cannot, yet it's far better to just change now forbidden scope, rather than making all your configs from scratch.
From my perspective the easiest way is export to json/yml/other-text-based, as this formats tend to be most "change-in-game-internals" friendly.

I'm writing it, because i can see that my loadouts got reset, and tbh when i saw that, i felt like my willingness to play today fade out. It is a shame that we can lose players (even temporary), because of such ridiculous thing.

open up the .ini file in C:users/appdata/local/ww3 and you can find your current config to save.

It might be invisible in the file explorer so look it up in a your tube video, some Indian Youtuber will tell you have to view hidden files.

13 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

open up the .ini file in C:users/appdata/local/ww3 and you can find your current config to save.

It might be invisible in the file explorer so look it up in a your tube video, some Indian Youtuber will tell you have to view hidden files.

Thanks for info, but still it should be an feature, not "do it manually", especially that google is not helping on that (ww3 configs, not hidden files :P), and most of the people will not create a post about it.

So knowing that we have local copy of configs, it should not be a big problem, button which will copy them from appdata to documents/ww3/configbackup/DATE, second button launching popup with list of available backups.

For the less technically inclined it would be pretty easy to incorporate a 'save' feature that separately saves render and bind settings to Steam Cloud. TF51 pays Steam a huge ransom might as well leverage their features, or move to the Unreal Marketplace and make more money... :ph34r: