Rozmo

Feedback on Update 0.3

the game was way better before this update... spawns are a mess! im spawning each time near enemys and get killed while i spawn! rip tdm. btw never had so much crashes with this update on a clean win 10 pro. i dont like this update

• Thanks 1

Vehicle movement seems a lot better/ smoother in 0.3 and I haven't fallen through the map yet, just a couple of random stunts (flipping through the air) from vehicles.

Sound is nicely improved, still need work though.

Not a big fan of the TTK change, but it might just take some getting use to.

Warzone game rounds could do with being a bit longer (personal preference).

Despite it's obvious unfinished state Smolensk is a nice change of pace, it's nice to have a break from the city and overall I like it's layout. Objective capture areas are a bit off imo, either the capture area needs increasing or more cover added; a lot of the buildings around the capture areas seem to be just out side of the capture area, not a lot of cover for infantry capping the objective.

Apart from it's stability issues, pretty decent patch.

Edited by VoodooGaming

7 hours ago, xnlab said:

the game was way better before this update... spawns are a mess! im spawning each time near enemys and get killed while i spawn! rip tdm. btw never had so much crashes with this update on a clean win 10 pro. i dont like this update

I never had this much crashes with the 0.2 patch. With this patch, I can play like one round cleanly, but the game will crash in the next.

Positive:

• + New TDM map: Berlin Backyards
  • + Smoleńsk
  • + Abrams
  • + USMC camo
  • + Skins
  • + Loadtimes, RAM usage
  • + Game length
  • + Weight limit for loadouts
  • + Sharpen video setting
  • + Added frame limiter to menu

Negative:

• - TTK: I don't like what you have done in regards to bullet damage. They feel like rubber bullets. I have to hit enemys 5-6 times with 7,62 to kill, yet snipers still 1-shot kill 90 % of the time. I see AP and HP ammo as an extra, small benefit for situations, when you run out of FMJ and in most cases you don't get more then 1 kill with those bullets because of just 1 mag. Why would you "balance" FMJ for that reason?  You made FMJ weaker because of (possibly) 1 mag of AP players carry? I guess very few even do so, but have rather additional FMJ. So this balances nothing. Good luck killing 2-3 players with 1 mag now. On the other hand: I had plenty of situations like TENb described. Players RUNNING and shooting me dead in 3 frames without any change in animation (aiming, stopping). Because of TTK changes I don't even feel like playing. Before it was satisfying, now it is just a nerf-gun fest.
  • - Invisible players (still)
  • - Very loud rain sound in Berlin (can't hear nothing but rain)
  • - Shooting sounds have so over the top bass added
  • - Quick radio: useless. I frequently write in chat for meds, ammo etc. and in 80 % my teammates don't respond. So more chat won't make any difference. Many of us asked for Squad Voice Chat because of this. And BTW where is the option to hide chat?
  • - Cart mode: after buying you have to reselect everything again to have it equipped.
  • - Map rotation worked for me just once.
  • - Map balancing: players can switch to winning side.
  • - Vehicle mass and speed: Tanks are (or feel) now faster then other vehicles. Something between before and now would be better.
  • - Spotting: player spotting is still weak, as it often won't mark enemys. On the other hand enemy med. and ammo packs get marked, creating confusion.
  • - Artillery is still too weak. Even the blast radius of shrapnels is so small, that it's totally ineffective. Players can sit 3 m away from impacts and be perfectly fine taking a point regardless.
  • - Armor HP globally: armor broke before just fine. Now it is gone after 1 or 2 fights and it is almost impossible to find a player with that pack. And even if you do, one pack is used up by one or two players. This just makes player camp more.

The list could go on with all sorts of new and old bugs, but I posted some already as did others.

All in all: this patch (TTK especially) made this game at least 50 % less enjoyable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

TKK makes this game way more enjoyable as you now are rewarded for aiming better and are not handed kills. Feels so much more satifiying and people get handed kills as much.

TTK is still a low ttk. I havent tested it all but body shots are still only a few.

I have gotten 3 kills with the last 17 rounds i had left in a g36 bey shooting their sides so ttk didnt chage armor just gotten better.

Im killing people with 6-7 shots some times less at close to medium range and a little less then half a mag at ranges. Thats 4 to 5 people in a mag.

no where near nerf guns if you kill and die in under a second.

I dont see armor getting broken at all in this update and armor takes less damage from guns then before so it balances out.

Theres prob another reason maybe attached to the super bullet fix.

Spottin is pretty OP and easy im spotting people accross the mapfrom hit fire using the dot.

Im against people not using their eyes to play the game. I cheese the shit out of marking now pretty much abusing it as if it was a wall hack it is.

Would rather have markers that ping a location like seige but also allow you to just mark the location with no enemy needed to be seen by you so you can mark the location of a known but conceald enemy. which would be more use full to let people know that a enemy is around there if they moved out of veiw.

I dont even know how quick radio works. i can type ammo in chat and ping the hell out of people to drop it but they dont. Score system shouldbe adjusted so people drop more ammo and health while kills give less. Even give points for just drop ammo pack would be great even if its low effort points that some one could drop in the middle of no where. maybe add stipulations to you gain points depending if on how near you are to others.

I dont care for having ap or hp ammo. I just stick with fmj for a solid all the way around experince which ap makes meh. The Idea sounds great but diesnt really offer much with the alternative mag of ammo.

Having more utlity based ammo like incedinary/anti armor to do damage to vehilces, tracers to auto mark with suppersion, or high velocity fir long range low recoil less damage over all instead.

2 minutes ago, TZoningHard said:

TKK makes this game way more enjoyable as you now are rewarded for aiming better and are not handed kills

I agree on that, it does seem more enjoyable. And for some reason, I am playing better. I guess It feels overall smoother for me. 

20181222182656_1.jpg

As I said, it encourages camping and sniping, since you would otherwise noticed that your armor gets destroyed way easier. The firefights last longer (longer TTK) and you take more damage to the plate, that brakes even faster (50 % HP reduction).

Example with IV Ceramic chest plate that got destroyed with 2 shots out of Glauberyt:

Edited by DisRawTomato

I think there's a bug with sniper damage (or any secondary damage) that happens with the ammo bug. On two separate matches/occassions today I fired 10 rounds of FMJ at fairly close range from my secondary (G29) and received no damage indicator on hits, which I imagine at least 5 of those shots should have hit, as I'm normally a fairly decent sniper.

Again, I think it's related to the ammo bug - will try to do more testing. 

EDIT: Just ran into another bug. Falling through the map on Berlin, the B2 spawn in the buildings. I fell through the map and the out of bounds counter started to display, I pressed Esc and Respawn. I respawned at B1 on solid ground, then the game killed me for going out of bounds before! ?

2 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

TKK makes this game way more enjoyable as you now are rewarded for aiming better and are not handed kills. Feels so much more satifiying and people get handed kills as much.

I played a match with you last night, you went something like 60/20 - I think you are in the top tier of the player base and while you may have super human eyesight and reflexes, most of us don't :P. I still do pretty solid, but I don't have a consistent 3.0 KDR.

Im killing people with 6-7 shots some times less at close to medium range and a little less then half a mag at ranges. Thats 4 to 5 people in a mag.

I think 6-7 shots is too many, especially for 7.62. And you say it's 4-5 people per mag, but that's only IF you hit every single shot. With recoil, weather, suppressive fire, moving enemies, etc., I don't think the average player is going to be getting 4-5 kills per mag, more like 1-2.

Spottin is pretty OP and easy im spotting people accross the mapfrom hit fire using the dot.

Agreed, it's a bit OP and easy to exploit, but I also like the system at the same time. I don't have a suggestive solution, but I don't want spotting completely done away with. Haven't played Siege, but your suggestion sounds like something I'd be interested in trying.

Edited by DoctorMcBatman
  • Like 1

Just a quick example of absolutely "artistic" gun sounds. Notice the (suppressed?) MSBS-K sound with a ton of bass. For comparison watch any Youtube video of an suppressed rifle.

Edited by DisRawTomato
Corrected.

6 hours ago, DisRawTomato said:

Just a quick example of absolutely "artistic" gun sounds. Notice the suppressed SCAR-H sound with a ton of bass.

its MSBS-K...

• Like 1

@TENb I've watched your clip a few times now (even in slow motion) and it's safe to say no APS (Active Protection System) was involved (as you mention in your other post, you get points for destroying a APS missile; and it pops up on screen that you destroyed a APS missile) but I think what @Rozmo is talking about is "active armor" (or as it's referred to in the config screen "chassis armor") not to be confused with "active protection system" I think Rozmo may of confused the 2 (which doesn't help when explaining situation, but is easily done). If you watch the clip in slow motion at 00:07 you will see it looks like you destroyed part of the "chassis armor" on the front 3rd of the tank. Its hard to tell which armor the tank is using but it's either the default or the "2A4 chassis armor" imo.

842395600_Screenshot_2018-12-24DonotcounthitsRPG.thumb.jpg.6fc5a65dcb23ea7b8f93a81e4c1b6c5b.jpg

2018_12.24-11_44.thumb.jpg.2a92bdbfe90c02c31c506d2587e18c74.jpg

There is something not right with the clip because you also get points for destroying the armor on a vehicle (which pops up on screen to let you know, the same as APS)

765952337_Screenshot_2018-12-241VoodooGaming.thumb.jpg.c03b0013b49d8ca34971e0e78b4c3e03.jpg

I'd say normally your 2nd shot to the rear 3rd of the tank should of destroyed it, especially considering it was a tandem; but once you add latency/ lag into the situation who knows. Still odd that you didn't get points for destroying armor on the vehicle.

While not directly related since 0.3 patch I've noticed that sometimes (rarely, but something I didn't notice until 0.3) HE shells on the MBT's don't register against other vehicles, could be lag/ latency related but then surly it would of applied to previous builds too.

I think the best person/ dev to @ in this situation is probably @Kony

2 minutes ago, VoodooGaming said:

@TENb I've watched your clip a few times now (even in slow motion) and it's safe to say no APS (Active Protection System) was involved (as you mention in your other post, you get points for destroying a APS missile; and it pops up on screen that you destroyed a APS missile) but I think what @Rozmo is talking about is "active armor" (or as it's referred to in the config screen "chassis armor") not to be confused with "active protection system" I think Rozmo may of confused the 2 (which doesn't help when explaining situation, but is easily done). If you watch the clip in slow motion at 00:07 you will see it looks like you destroyed part of the "chassis armor" on the front 3rd of the tank. Its hard to tell which armor the tank is using but it's either the default or the "2A4 chassis armor" imo.

842395600_Screenshot_2018-12-24DonotcounthitsRPG.thumb.jpg.6fc5a65dcb23ea7b8f93a81e4c1b6c5b.jpg

2018_12.24-11_44.thumb.jpg.2a92bdbfe90c02c31c506d2587e18c74.jpg

There is something not right with the clip because you also get points for destroying the armor on a vehicle (which pops up on screen to let you know, the same as APS)

765952337_Screenshot_2018-12-241VoodooGaming.thumb.jpg.c03b0013b49d8ca34971e0e78b4c3e03.jpg

I'd say normally your 2nd shot to the rear 3rd of the tank should of destroyed it, especially considering it was a tandem; but once you add latency/ lag into the situation who knows. Still odd that you didn't get points for destroying armor on the vehicle.

While not directly related since 0.3 patch I've noticed that sometimes (rarely, but something I didn't notice until 0.3) HE shells on the MBT's don't register against other vehicles, could be lag/ latency related but then surly it would of applied to previous builds too.

I think the best person/ dev to @ in this situation is probably @Kony

As far as I know, even if they armored a tank would absorb some of the damage, the rest would still be taken into account. Immediately it is obvious that the hits simply did not count. But it does not matter. After the second appeal to this bug, the moderator still sent the video to the developers. Now this is their problem.

@TENb Agreed, at the very least it's odd that you didn't get points for destroying armor on the vehicle.

To me 0.3 patch seems very inconsistent when it comes to damage all round, both vehicles and infantry.

Edited by VoodooGaming
  • Like 1

I've watched that a few times now and the second shot definitely hit the target. At the first one i'm not so sure it looks to me as it hit the house behind the tank, rather then the tank. 

Also Active Armor = APS Hit

Chassis and Turret armor = Vehicle Armor Hit. Here it does not differentiate. 

RCWS = RCWS Hit

All of those work as they should. As said before i'm pretty sure the second shot landed and also that particular tank does not have an APS mounted. Shots not registering is currently a common thing and has been reported many times before this video. 

Hello. Please update the armour system. Certain high calibre weapons are not defeating armoured personnel like 7.62 and .50 cal at close quarters. This becomes very frustrating. Also, when at close ranges helmets do not one shot. There should at least be some type of balance. A .50 cal rifle should one shot with AP rounds no questions. Even 7.62 at CQC should eliminate enemy personnel with eyes closed. Too many times I am shooting guys in the head close quarters and they still manage to kill me, even with high powered .50 calibre should simply drop enemy.

Hi everyone,

First i feel this patch went live too soon it brings a lot of new problems.

On the plus side i would put:

• the Scar-H, i really like the gun (irl) and i'm glad it's not the L variant.
  • The preview feature in the customize menu is a welcome addition but it would be nice to have the option of equipping the newly purchased items.
  • All the U.S customization and the M1 abrams are obviously nice to have.
  • The game feels much better with the latest technical improvements (loading times, FPS and textures).
  • Addition of Smolensk a non-urban map.
  • i also like how frequent patches are.

I have however two major problems (and a tiny other one) with this patch:

• Gunplay: i think gunplay was good up to this patch but now it feels bad, i don't enjoy playing as much as before. It's hard to pinpoint what really bothers me but i feel like weapons are less precise and it takes more bullets to kill an enemy.
    Hit registration is clearly a problem, often times the first three bullets just doesn't register and even sometimes a full clip on an enemy that does nothing.
    On client side however receiving bullets is insanely fast, having the impression i got OS by an automatic weapon is not rare so it is frustrating.
  • Load-out weight limit: i like the idea and have no complain about it but this create a new problem, vehicles are too rare to take a RPG on our main load-out since it costs armor and/or weapon. At the moment to deal with a vehicle i have to die, take a smg/RPG and ammo pack, kill it (ideal scenario) and die again to get my load-out back. Fewer people try to kill vehicles witch lead to happier drivers i guess.
    Why not add RPG as a strike (battle point)? This would increase vehicles importance in the beginning of the map and we could defend as infantry without having to die, having to spend BP and taking time to make the trip to get it could be fair for both sides.
  • New map: it would like to be able to choose to remove it from the quick join playlist in its current state, while testing is important i don't like playing Smolensk in its current state (leaves blocking bullets and vehicles, getting stuck on tiny slopes and no textures make this version a sniper paradise)

A lot of complaints but i do like the game and its core mechanics, i didn't have any good FPS after Battlefield 4, and i do want World War 3 to succeed.

I also want to suggest the creation of an in-game survey system to allow direct feedback from all of us since the majority of players don't participate on the forum. Using checkbox forms to easily process answers (ex: How is the TTK?  too high - good - too low).

10 hours ago, LAVEK said:

Hello. Please update the armour system. Certain high calibre weapons are not defeating armoured personnel like 7.62 and .50 cal at close quarters. This becomes very frustrating. Also, when at close ranges helmets do not one shot. There should at least be some type of balance. A .50 cal rifle should one shot with AP rounds no questions. Even 7.62 at CQC should eliminate enemy personnel with eyes closed. Too many times I am shooting guys in the head close quarters and they still manage to kill me, even with high powered .50 calibre should simply drop enemy.

Shoot them in the face (not head but actual face) or gut (stomach), snipers/ bolt actions are one hit kill to the gut...

Edited by VoodooGaming

where are the usmc uniforms i can't find them in the customization options. oh btw i like i how this patch has done to improve the game. it still needs works but it is getting better. keep it up Farm 51 and you will be able to shove a sharp stick right up EA's azz!

New bug:

Spawned as a gunner in a tank, didn't get to see what model it was, but must have been someone's kitted out tank since there was an added on MG. I spawned in that in that, looked around for a second, pressed 'C' to change the view (not sure if that's supposed to work as gunner but I was checking) - then my screen froze, but not completely. I could still see the chat bar, character models running around, but I could not move my camera or fire weapons. I could not respawn via the main menu and had to leave the game. Of course, the matchmaker wouldn't put me back in that same game, so now I'm in an empty server.

Really getting frustrated with these bugs and the 10+ CTD's I've had since .3 rolled out. I understand EA is going to have this stuff, but I really wish TF51 waited until after the holiday to unleash the patch so they could quickly deal with the multitude of issues it's brought. I love Smolensk and the SCAR is cool, but I'd trade not having them for another week or two in exchange for the general stability I've gotten used to in game since day 1 (well, day 3 when we could finally start playing). .3 seems to have introduced some hit reg issues too.

Edited by DoctorMcBatman
  • Like 1

229 hours played HMM since everyone has laid down all the game issues, I will say this I know you want to let the community help shape the game but I'd rather just see the game the way

you guys wanted to design it. I'm sick of nerfed weapons turn them all back up if people cant handle dying from better players then find a new game. Last but not least your server/coding

sucks someone needs to be fired they haven't gotten it right since closed testing. I know we are still in EA and have a long road ahead but whats a EA with no players? Broken hit detection is

a deal breaker for me so I hope you guys fix soon.

• Like 1

Improvements made in the 0.3 patch:

• Gameplay graphic performance is a lot better and much more optimized.
  • New Scar-H battle rifle is a good addition and performs as an intermediary of a Semi-Auto sniper and Assault Rifle Role, thus allowing flexibility in its usage.
  • New M1A2 Abrams is a cool looking addition to the MBTs .
  • Fixed some game-breaking bugs here and there (especially warsaw).
  • New weight limit system introduced to the loadout is a good way to balance out some of the really OP weapons (though it needs some tweaking since it made some of the equipment too heavy to be carried with - let's say a decent AR and pistol loadout - to be really effective).
  • The new Smolensk map, though still in WIP state, is a good change of scenery and pace to the usual urban combat - oriented maps that we're familiar with.
  • Thermal Scope nerf (It's a good move TBH. The visual heat range on that thing pre-0.3 is really long, making target acquisition too easy and a little broken even with the intentional tunnel-vision effect)

Hiccups made in the 0.3 patch:

• (Re)Introduced new/old bugs with the rework to the spawn system some of which are game breaking (e.g. spawning and falling through the map)
  • Missing ammo reserve after spawning into the game, with the 1st loadout missing 1 mag worth of ammo still not fixed (In my case, specifically the g29 spawning with only 1 full mag. Fixed only after respawning with the same loadout after dying. Needs to repeat the cycle after changing back from a different loadout)
  • Worsening hit-registrations, as infantry and Tank user (Dumped 1 full mag into a single enemy player, but none/ 1 or 2 shots registered. Needs to be looked at ASAP*)
  • Game crashing interval increased (though not as frequent as pre-0.2.3)
  • Tanks' Active Protection System is not working as intended (Hard kill APS don't destroy RPG rockets on their specified stats)

Overall, it's a step towards the right direction for this game. I only ask from The Farm 51 Devs that they don't change the core gameplay drastically from the current patch.

Edited by ranmoru456
  • Like 1

0.3.2 BUILD

-When game starts camos on uniform aren't applied

-Lot's of stutters that were not present on previous versions.

-Magnifier does not works like a magnifier it is just another sight which is incorrect, it should magnified the main sight. 

On 12/24/2018 at 4:49 PM, Shiki said:

(ex: How is the TTK?  too high - good - too low).

TTK is fine, don't know what you are talking about. 

I would like to start with what I said in feedback on 0.2 update thread:

Time to kill infantry is way too short. Heavier armor plates are useless. APS is way too random (blocking two RPGs in a row or none at all even when ready). Optics on vehicles are destroyed almost instantly. Heavier slow vehicles are so vulnerable that I actually feel more safe as infantry than in a tank (combination of unreliable APS, vulnerable optics, just two smoke grenades and weak HE shells). Tandem HEAT RPG can oneshot Leo or T-72 even with best armor. Really? I see more bugs and problems after the update than before it. Big updates like this should be more tested and polished before released to live.

Now the most important part again, since you most likely missed it:

I see more bugs and problems after the update than before it. Big updates like this should be more tested and polished before released to live.

So...you ask for feedback and then you release broken update few days before Christmas that creates more problems than it solves and as a bonus you did it right before Christmas (my wild guess is that most people in your company have a week off for the holidays and I wish them only happy holidays but it also means that nobody will hotfix the gamebreaking issues).

I mean like come on! Whoever made that decision that it is a good idea to push this right before Christmas in this state should get only coal and potatoes under the tree!

My game crashes almost every ten minutes and doesn't matter what I do.

Hitreg is way off for me.

Prototype map should not be on stable version since it actually makes people who just purchased it mad and probably refund. They most likely don't even know what prototype means or don't see that HUGE red word on loading screen.

Sound is way more broken than it was before.

Tanks are still jumping in the air like crazy.

Squads are still kinda broken.

Cannot select custom camo for anything in customization menu.

DO NOT PUSH BROKEN UPDATES LIKE THIS PLEASE.

And srsly, don't! I work in medium sized company in games industry for over 8 years and it is not worth it. Have your internal QA check the update and approve it before release!

Edited by Hagen
typos