Rozmo

Feedback on Update 0.3

2 hours ago, Hagen said:

actually makes people who just purchased it mad and probably refund. They most likely don't even know what prototype means or don't see that HUGE red word on loading screen.

And srsly, don't! I work in medium sized company in games industry for over 8 years and it is not worth it. Have your internal QA check the update and approve it before release!

Unfortunately, a lot of people in game are commenting on Smolensk's look and not realizing it's a prototype/alpha. Not sure what the best solution is, as I like it being in the game, even in its current state.

Regarding the other sentence I quoted, I believe we are internal QA. If TF51 has a dedicated QA department, I can't imagine it's more than 5-10 people. 

Every match on Smolensk at least one dude cant read PROTOTYPE and mentions it. No one reads patchnotes now a days.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DoctorMcBatman said:

Regarding the other sentence I quoted, I believe we are internal QA. If TF51 has a dedicated QA department, I can't imagine it's more than 5-10 people.

Nah, they have 90 people total so my guess is there will be two or three internal QA testers (full time) and most likely some contractors. But that doesn't matter as even two guys can do a simple test plan with checklist on basic things (hitreg, sound, animations, UI, etc.).

Don't get me wrong they fixed a lot of things in this update and that is great. But one more week on PTE with more testing and polishing would be way better than release like this and hotfixing the completely broken stuff. I just don't understand why would anyone release update this big so close to holidays that was not properly tested since we probably won't see the main issues fixed until the end of the next week.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hagen said:

Nah, they have 90 people total so my guess is there will be two or three internal QA testers (full time) and most likely some contractors. But that doesn't matter as even two guys can do a simple test plan with checklist on basic things (hitreg, sound, animations, UI, etc.).

Don't get me wrong they fixed a lot of things in this update and that is great. But one more week on PTE with more testing and polishing would be way better than release like this and hotfixing the completely broken stuff. I just don't understand why would anyone release update this big so close to holidays that was not properly tested since we probably won't see the main issues fixed until the end of the next week.

The team on ww3 has 60 people the over all studio has 90ish. The devs are the QA they dont have people that only QA that's where we come in.

7 minutes ago, TZoningHard said:

The team on ww3 has 60 people the over all studio has 90ish. The devs are the QA they dont have people that only QA that's where we come in.

Then they should really hire at least one tester. I know of smaller dev teams (under 30 ppl...hell even just 10) with at least one dedicated QA tester.

If this is true you guys should also consider dedicated feedback tracker just for bugs community reports, since forums are not that great for it. It would be faster and easier for everyone.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Hagen said:

Then they should really hire at least one tester. I know of smaller dev teams (under 30 ppl...hell even just 10) with at least one dedicated QA tester.

If this is true you guys should also consider dedicated feedback tracker just for bugs community reports, since forums are not that great for it. It would be faster and easier for everyone.

The mods track the bugs and put into some kinda sheet.

Im pretty sure they said they had no QA tester they just did it them selves.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hagen said:

I admittedly don't know much about game QA, but I doubt one full time QA tester would be able to find the width of bugs/issues that a playerbase of 100+ can find. One tester can only go so far: everyone's PC is different, internet is a bit different, way they play the game is different, etc.. It seems to me, you really need a decent sample size of data for game QA/testing to do it right. That means either having a lot of people test things over days/weeks OR few people test things over months. I'd prefer the former, even if it means we get some unpleasant experiences.

17 hours ago, DoctorMcBatman said:

I admittedly don't know much about game QA, but I doubt one full time QA tester would be able to find the width of bugs/issues that a playerbase of 100+ can find. One tester can only go so far: everyone's PC is different, internet is a bit different, way they play the game is different, etc.. It seems to me, you really need a decent sample size of data for game QA/testing to do it right. That means either having a lot of people test things over days/weeks OR few people test things over months. I'd prefer the former, even if it means we get some unpleasant experiences.

The main difference is that internal testers can and will find major bugs on internal build BEFORE the release to stable version. Community can only do that after the release. Developers will test only their own fixes (UI programmer will only test his fix but he won't make sure that he did not break sounds with his fix for instance). while QA should test everything (since when you fix something big there is a big chance that something else will break).

I was in QA for two years and most people think that we just played the game. This is incorrect since most of the time you would follow a test plan of things that have to work without any problems (for instance you would just drive a vehicle for 3 hours on a server, go prone and then jump for 30 minutes in a row or try every single item from customization menu to see if it works correctly).

This is only my own experience tho. It might be very different for The Farm 51.

7 hours ago, Hagen said:

The main difference is that internal testers can and will find major bugs on internal build BEFORE the release to stable version. Community can only do that after the release. Developers will test only their own fixes (UI programmer will only test his fix but he won't make sure that he did not break sounds with his fix for instance). while QA should test everything (since when you fix something big there is a big chance that something else will break).

I was in QA for two years and most people think that we just played the game. This is incorrect since most of the time you would follow a test plan of things that have to work without any problems (for instance you would just drive a vehicle for 3 hours on a server, go prone and then jump for 30 minutes in a row or try every single item from customization menu to see if it works correctly).

This is only my own experience tho. It might be very different for The Farm 51.

In theory I agree and I do know that internal QA is very scheduled (one of the recent BO leaks mentioned an employee literally has to play zombies on God mode for ~8 hours a day ?).

But many of the issues we're dealing with in .3.1 on the regular servers were never experienced on the PTE. So there was an internal (well, hybrid with players) QA phase in the form of PTE, but it for some reason didn't present the same level/intensity of bugs/issues we're seeing on the regular servers. I don't know if that's the result of not enough time being spent on PTE/not enough people playtesting it, or if the build pushed out post-PTE had some additional changes that weren't tested in PTE, or if it's some other reason.

old Nintendo/Sony games made the dev's that design the game play though it with out getting hit once before it would be allowed to be put into the game. Like Castlevania bosses had to be defeat able with out taking any hits.

I dont think the devs have that time to do such but PTE was pretty hard to get into until I got the alternative download working. Then you have live issues like with the first day of release and people not making reports.

Edited by TZoningHard

after latest hotfix.. mutch less crashes so thumbs up.. but there one thing i can not understand..

- Berlin B2 spawn is AGAIN bugged ass hell..  whole this place(img bellow) causing imidieteley fall under the map... this WAS fixed and now its back.. how the hell is this possible? did you guys compile/generate 0.3 patch from some old backup or what?

and a lot of known issues:

-hitboxes are "out of sync" i can see clear hits with blood splashing on enemy without damage...(is there any way to show ping to server?)

-vehicle ammo is totaly broken.. terminator sometimes have 20 or 21 rounds in magazine, ammo sometimes magicaly autoloading while shooting.. 14->21 etc..

-12.7mm in vehicle unable to reload.. /same as rcws turrents..(tested just with cannon but it will be the same for all..)

-12.7mm HP rounds with 20 DMG to limbs -> really great joke..

edit: video added

0:00 hitbox
0:05  hitbox slowmo   
0:26 smolensk flyyyyy  
0:27 forest gump  
2:59 12.7mm reloading wont work  
4:40 12 to 21 ammo in 30mm autoreload...

B2 bugged spawn.JPG

Edited by lipo

1 hour ago, lipo said:

(is there any way to show ping to server?)

Top left cornet of screen, Actually shows latency but pretty much the same thing.

• Like 1

Problems I found after spending more time playing:

- I played a game where I could see the enemies anywhere in the map for 3-4 minutes. 3-4 minutes once the game begun.

- Some shots are not getting register when they hit the enemy.

- Almost 1 out of 3 RPGs are not getting register when they hit a vehicle.

- You don't even know with how many extra bullets you will be respawn each time. 

- Sometimes when I look at the map I cant find my arrow (My player).

Regarding TTK: I think it would be better if it was a bit quicker. I mean 15% quicker, one bullet less (With ARs 7.62).

- Quick radio is pretty much useless.

- Falling all the time at B2 point in Berlin.

- My game crashed 2 times. Don't know why. Never before 0.3. patch.

- Pistols firing rate must be increased by 25%. 

- Map rotation doesn't work. It takes you back to menu. If it works, it doesn't change map and you start in an empty server.
  At the end of each game, the game must inform us the next map so people can stay in the server to play (Smolensk must not be included since
  someone always ask  where are the textures) At the moment it shows a countdown and the option to return to menu. 

When the squad voice chat will be available? 

Edited by Mardem
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First of all I really like(d) the game, but after this patch... it feels like it was such a big step back that 0.1 felt better and more stable to play on.

shots are not registering

spawning with 0 Ammo on my Primary and 3 Mags with my Secondary

crashing

falling through map

spawning inside of vehicle-wrecks

Pistol ADS is fucked up (Pistols need a general overhaul I think - less vertical Recoil, higher Firerate and a higher Headshot-Multiplier)

too high TTK

superbullets still occure

Shotguns too weak in CQC and hitscan 

Sniper (Tochnost) doesnt 1hit kill with headshot

I hope things will get fixed soon, may the force be with you F51

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ForelleX6 said:

First of all I really like(d) the game, but after this patch... it feels like it was such a big step back that 0.1 felt better and more stable to play on.

shots are not registering

spawning with 0 Ammo on my Primary and 3 Mags with my Secondary

crashing

falling through map

spawning inside of vehicle-wrecks

Pistol ADS is fucked up (Pistols need a general overhaul I think - less vertical Recoil, higher Firerate and a higher Headshot-Multiplier)

too high TTK

superbullets still occure

Shotguns too weak in CQC and hitscan 

Sniper (Tochnost) doesnt 1hit kill with headshot

I hope things will get fixed soon, may the force be with you F51

Agreed, shotguns seem too weak rn. Nobody uses them anymore. 

I would say shot guns are pretty good still except they shouldn't have a drop off the 0. even 1 or 3 damage past 100m would be fair.

They still one or two shot people.

TTK is very reasonable and allows more variations of mechanics to occur in the game. Only gripe is Gut shots are too easy. The 3-4 shot kill hitbox needs to be smaller and hopfully higher I would like center mass to be the 3-4 shot hitbox. The TTK really didnt change more then a very little for gut shot but is very good for chest and up.

Sniper have a semi OP OHK to the gut except for Tochnost but cant OHK to every helmet. kinda backwards.

Maybe add a very slow bleed into the game as a non OP way to avoid armor. Can apply only to the chest wounds and if we have with two gadgets or a IFAK system.

Game kinda needs more depth but IDK how well I would like that idea but its it did I would want a system that was slow like the natural health regeneration.

In my opinion it does not make any sense to include Smolensk in the normal map pool or even have it in the regular build of the game. Why have the PTE if you are just going to put extremely unfinished content in the base game? I think they layout is a good change from many of the other maps, but without any kind of objects or textures it sucks to play on compared to all the other maps and it's aggravating getting placed into Smolensk almost every single time I queue into a game.

I don't know about you guys but i'm happy to say that since 0.3 release and HotFix for 0.3,i have finally been able to play both TDM and warzone modes on all maps.Before 0.3 i was able only to play TDM.Yes,there are some bugs but it's only 0.3,what matters more is that the issue preventing players to join anything else then TDM is fixed :)^_^

On 12/23/2018 at 10:38 PM, Artaxiad300062 said:

I agree on that, it does seem more enjoyable. And for some reason, I am playing better. I guess It feels overall smoother for me. 

20181222182656_1.jpg

Holy crap,most of the matches i join are 4v4 or 5v5 on warzone,never more than 10 players total.On which server are you playing and what map/maps to find so many players? :)

Nerf gutshots please. Its the most dissatisfying thing about this game. Aim for the gut the dude falls over in seconds, all you have to do is push the room and spray at the groin to insta kill.

It disgustingly bad. I cant be completely sure because the Hitreg is all messed up about how the game is right now but it sure steams like gutshots are still OP.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

Nerf gutshots please. Its the most dissatisfying thing about this game. Aim for the gut the dude falls over in seconds, all you have to do is push the room and spray at the groin to insta kill.

It disgustingly bad. I cant be completely sure because the Hitreg is all messed up about how the game is right now but it sure steams like gutshots are still OP.

Yep, we are working on it. We either plan to increase the size of the plate on the chest, so it covers the guts or to change the gut's hitboxes so it counts as lower body parts rather than the middle. We still need some testing to confirm that everything works though. We will keep you all updated on that matter.

• Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Ryuzaki said:

Yep, we are working on it. We either plan to increase the size of the plate on the chest, so it covers the guts or to change the gut's hitboxes so it counts as lower body parts rather than the middle. We still need some testing to confirm that everything works though. We will keep you all updated on that matter.

Thx, its about the only thing that makes me REE. Pretty patient about in development games and used to all what goes on. just knowing its being looked at puts me at ease.

.3 ttk minus the reaction time of the average player .2-.25 plus any networking/tech issues that might pop up is a bit too low. For flanks it could be OK if the hit box for it was smaller in my opinion.

IDK if its possible to make a hit box with in a hitbox but I would suggest something like this for hitbox. I never really seen a game do this so It might be a technically improbable or would take up to much time to implement but IDK this game has penetration so you could add a internal hitbox that adds a bonus instead of negating damage to the outer hitbox.

EXC-TT1_Paper_Targets_L.jpg&f=1

But defiantly need to get HITREG back in order so before changing anything so we can get the base line

Having the helmet fly off is really satisfying and I get a really good endorphin boost from it, so it upsets me when my endorphin boost is not evolved in the viable meta.