Sign in to follow this  
maddinii

Adding eye tracker to the game

Is there any chance the tobii eye tracker could be added to the game? Apparently it's a pretty simple job and shouldn't take very long to do so:

https://developer.tobii.com/consumer-eye-trackers/unreal-engine-sdk/

It would basically allow you to look around in game just with your eyes. This would be so so so amazing to have in this game... 

@Borreh, @Ragir

Hell now, i personal find this "hacking" leteraly;  getting advantage over other players with that system is an cheat in term of use, you can argue anyway around it " Eye tracking lets your device know where you're visually focused, giving you an extra input mode when it comes to gaming."

• Like 1

Not quite wrong, but not quite right ether. It's not meant to be replacing your mouse or anything like that and as you say it's literally just tracking your eye movement. 

The idea is to be able to look around naturally without holding down ALT (the default key for looking around). Aiming with this hmm maybe, but for that the precision is not good enough at the moment. If this is too much for you already it could be something as simple as adjusting the brightness depending on where you look on the screen. This can help for people with disabilities or more specifically eye problems like me. 

6 hours ago, maddinii said:

Not quite wrong, but not quite right ether. It's not meant to be replacing your mouse or anything like that and as you say it's literally just tracking your eye movement. 

The idea is to be able to look around naturally without holding down ALT (the default key for looking around). Aiming with this hmm maybe, but for that the precision is not good enough at the moment. If this is too much for you already it could be something as simple as adjusting the brightness depending on where you look on the screen. This can help for people with disabilities or more specifically eye problems like me. 

as i told we can argue all they long, in the end is just a tool of hack & cheat in multiplayer games and just for others to understand what is all about check this video

skip al the crap and go to 1:17 ; and a gamer will notice what it means to use this tool

PS i know that it might help disabled players, but this can go easly for mass, and is not acceptable, in my view, first implementatino of this sort was in The Division, and did give practicly  "Aim-bot" to players, the only thing left to do is to trigger the action of shooting

Edited by Renu

You can not move the mouse naturally with your eyes. You can make if jump in the direction you are looking but that's it. You can't move in any other direction rather then the one you are looking at. And an aimbot is a bit to far no? All aiming comes from you. The device just translates what you are already doing. 

Sign in to follow this