Sign in to follow this  
VoodooGaming

Intentionally getting team killed

As someone who spends a considerable amount of time in vehicles it shouldn't be my responsibility to ensure friendlies don't run in front or behind a moving 50 ton vehicle, I mean fair enough it's my responsibility if I'm moving forward and obviously looking forward and or side to side. But if I have my turret facing 90° to the side of the chassis and I'm strafing forwards and backwards reasonably predictably while laying down fire then surly it's the responsibility of the friendly soldiers around me to take note and not run in front or behind of the moving vehicle and get team killed. Why should I be punished for other players stupidity and lack of awareness?

I mean IRL would these people run in front of a moving 50 ton vehicle that's clearly engaging and focusing on a target, and that can't see 90° to it's left or right of it's turret, if so don't they deserve to die? I mean it's a pretty stupid thing to do. What do they expect the outcome to be?

I've seen a few players who blatantly run in front of a moving vehicle with no regard for the fact that they can been teamkilled by the moving tank, and then when they get TK'd they punish causing the tank driver to lose their vehicle, how is this considered ok? How is intentionally losing your teams assets good for teamplay? I'm pretty sure some players do it intentionally just to try and steal the vehicle, essentially they're getting rewarded at the cost of others on their team for being unaware and or stupid.

Vehicle users have enough to deal with without having to worry about some idiot from their own team running in front or behind of their vehicle...

Edited by VoodooGaming
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You looked right at me, ran me over then complained for the rest of the game about me punishing you. I don't have a problem with running people over because i look where I'm going. 

• Angry 1

Had one certain dude who got pissed over me and other premade mates killing him with armors on the opposite team, and in the next match we ended up in the same team.

The dude started destroying friendly armors. As soon as I saw him take the RPG out behind my armor I drove over him. He had already destroyed one armor.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Devyx said:

Had one certain dude who got pissed over me and other premade mates killing him with armors on the opposite team, and in the next match we ended up in the same team.

The dude started destroying friendly armors. As soon as I saw him take the RPG out behind my armor I drove over him. He had already destroyed one armor.

Truly, I hate the human race sometimes. We just don't deserve nice things.

1 hour ago, AllTheGearNoIdea said:

Truly, I hate the human race sometimes. We just don't deserve nice things.

I just backed up when he was behind me. Unfortunately in the same hole he was sitting in was also his quadbike and my armor went for a ride to the Moon.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Elok said:

You looked right at me, ran me over then complained for the rest of the game about me punishing you. I don't have a problem with running people over because i look where I'm going. 

Obviously you don't look where you're going as infantry. You run straight in front of a moving tank (you could of easily run behind it but chose to run in front of the direction it was traveling) when I was looking to the side (you must of come from my right as I was looking left), punished for the tk; took the tank then abandoned it in the battlefield when it run out of ammo. Not to mention later in the in the same round when I got my BMPT72 you spawned on me got out the vehicle and fired 2 RPG's at it, what's your explanation for that one? Did you think you spawned in a enemy vehicle? Or were you just trying to waste more friendly assets?

@TZoningHard I did the tk though (unintentionally) it was more down to a lack of common sense on @Elok's part. Can we also report players for lacking common sense??

Obvious solution to this situation is that friendly vehicles should push friendly infantry (at least for a bit) giving both vehicle driver and or infantry time to react rather than the current state where it's instant death for the infantry which then leads to them punishing the driver in some cases, regardless as to whether it was the drivers fault or not (some players just accept the fact they made a mistake by running in front of a moving vehicle and don't punish).

@ethynylradical Has just started a thread/ topic offering some ideas and solutions to counter similar issues involving team killing

Edited by VoodooGaming

Theres something called a third person camera, you should use it really helpful for not running over teammates

• Angry 2

All I know is that I was almost ran over by some reservist in tanks driving were they shouldn't be the week before last. They ran over some comm lines and broke some comm box. Cost lots of money.

Devs already implemented some kinda soft push out of the way feature keeping people from not getting insta killed.

reverse lights and a horn would help.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Elok said:

Theres something called a third person camera, you should use it really helpful for not running over teammates

There's a thing called common sense, you should try using it sometime; it's really helpful for not getting run over by tanks...

No explanation as to why you fired 2 RPG's at my BMPT72... or is that my fault too

Edited by VoodooGaming

7 minutes ago, TZoningHard said:

All I know is that I was almost ran over by some reservist in tanks driving were they shouldn't be the week before last.

Did you take any action to avoid being run over by a tank? Did you run towards the tank?... Glad you didn't get squashed

I heard something that sounded like tracks and some people making a commotion and then I went back to sleep in my bag and said fuck it.

46 minutes ago, TZoningHard said:

I heard something that sounded like tracks and some people making a commotion and then I went back to sleep in my bag and said fuck it.

lol fair play... But wouldn't blindly running towards the tank been the logical thing to do?

1 hour ago, TZoningHard said:

Devs already implemented some kinda soft push out of the way feature keeping people from not getting insta killed.

So this somewhat proves that I'd of already had a fair bit of forward momentum when said player decided to run out in front of the tank, suggesting it was a intentional move on said players part... Maybe this "soft push" feature needs a bit of a buff.

Edited by VoodooGaming

1 hour ago, Elok said:

You're a clown, I see you regularly team killing mates. Just yesterday you were TKing a dude just because he took a phone call and went afk, and that triggered you. 

• Like 1

Voodoo, you're just bad at driving, I'll remember to just give the enemy team the tank next time so you don't go afk and complain the rest of the game. If you go afk in a tank expect to get killed so someone who's actually useful can get one. The devs should just take out teamkilling entirely, there have been a lot of times where bad players team kill me either because they don't know what they're doing or think I'm cheating and I'm sick of it. So i suggest people abuse it so much that the devs have to take it out or change the punishment system entirely.

• Angry 2

@Elok So there will be a next time? Sounds pretty intentional to me...

Still no explanation or denial as to why you were firing RPG's at your own teams vehicles... Your really starting to sound like a problematic player.

I'd like to hear your explanation of how I got enough BP to call in a fully modified BMPT72 (that you tried to destroy, but failed) while being AFK, please share your pro tips?

I had a look at some of your posts on this forum, and it seems you've had issues yourself with the kind of behavior I'm complaining about. But becoming part of the problem yourself is in no way any kind of solution to the problem. You clearly know what you're doing and are doing it intentionally as you've complained about it happening to you, I guess it's kinda good that you admit it though; at least the community and the devs can see what kind of player you really are.

Edited by VoodooGaming

You spawned in the tank, got halfway to an objective, went afk while you complained in chat about how much of an idiot i am, then left the game along with your tank. Yeah, I'm going to be problematic if it means getting mechainics i hate taken out. If i see someone abusing something i start abusing it, i abused the hell out of spawn killing and the ability to get into the enemies spawn on warsaw and they got fixed. I didn't tk until i got a good kd one game, people complained about how i was cheating so a group of players joined my squad then started tking me over and over again. I made one post on the forums about people abusing it and the devs didn't say anything or change it, so I'm going to abuse it until a better system gets made.

• Angry 1

Also, a simple "sorry" in chat and i wouldn't have punished you, but you called me an idiot, so i say you deserved it

Regardless of what happened, this argument is reaching nonsense levels. You both seem to agree on what is acceptable behavior, but disagree on exactly what happened. Whatever, it's done. Carry on, keep playing, mind your teammates, say sorry when you TK, and don't go on revenge sprees even if you're technically the one who was wronged. 

1 hour ago, Elok said:

I didn't tk until i got a good kd one game, people complained about how i was cheating so a group of players joined my squad then started tking me over and over again. I made one post on the forums about people abusing it and the devs didn't say anything or change it, so I'm going to abuse it until a better system gets made.

We need this guy banned, btw being a dick to others, as others were to you, is not a smart way to live your life. 

25 minutes ago, DoctorMcBatman said:

Regardless of what happened, this argument is reaching nonsense levels. You both seem to agree on what is acceptable behavior, but disagree on exactly what happened. Whatever, it's done. Carry on, keep playing, mind your teammates, say sorry when you TK, and don't go on revenge sprees even if you're technically the one who was wronged. 

I was in that match, Elok was on a TK spree. Voodoo had done nothing wrong unless you believe going afk should result in your team killing you for the rest of the match. I am really tired of cancerous players like this. I had one match where all I said is "fck" in chat after my tank was blown up, and I got insults and a teammate who shot at my optics, killed me and stole my tank. Of course, the optic thing is fixed, but there are yet cancerous people playing this game. I think the servers should automatically kick players who get too many TKs. 

If the behavior is habitual, yes I agree ban/kick them. There is a thread on the TK punishment system that has a very good vote system suggestion.

On 12/23/2018 at 10:05 AM, VoodooGaming said:

I mean IRL

You are not IRL and that is not a valid argument.
But yeap, that is a huge problem

Edited by CapybaraPaul

1 hour ago, Elok said:

You spawned in the tank, got halfway to an objective, went afk while you complained in chat about how much of an idiot i am, then left the game along with your tank. Yeah, I'm going to be problematic if it means getting mechainics i hate taken out. If i see someone abusing something i start abusing it, i abused the hell out of spawn killing and the ability to get into the enemies spawn on warsaw and they got fixed. I didn't tk until i got a good kd one game, people complained about how i was cheating so a group of players joined my squad then started tking me over and over again. I made one post on the forums about people abusing it and the devs didn't say anything or change it, so I'm going to abuse it until a better system gets made.

you just admitted that you are intentionally abusing mechanics for an unfair advantage?
I assume that there are a lot of braindead kids. Good to know we found one here. Hope you got banned, moron)
Help us @weedtime

Edited by CapybaraPaul

2 hours ago, Elok said:

Also, a simple "sorry" in chat and i wouldn't have punished you, but you called me an idiot, so i say you deserved it

You punished me before I even had chance to say sorry, I didn't say anything to you in chat until after you'd punished me... (the punishment timer could probably do with being a bit longer so it gives people a chance to apologise at least)

I was in the tank before you even joined the game. If you spent that much time in a tank you'd know it's a bit of a nono to actually park it on an objective with the current balance, you're just asking for a rpg up the rear, in a tank since 0.2 you're better off standing off the objective a bit; supporting infantry from mid to long range distance as such, @Kony pretty much confirmed this... But who are you to dictate how I should play? If I don't play to your liking you're going to run in front of my tank to get tk'd and punish me for it, so that you can take the tank then just abandon it in the middle of the map when it runs out of ammo; rather than taking the time to head to base and resupply.

You firing RPG's at my BMPT72 caused the game to crash for me (so yeah nice 1 for that too GG)

Look man I understand your frustration after viewing some of your previous comments about similar situations, but your going about it the wrong way if you you think by being a problematic player you're some how going to force the devs to change things that you personally don't like about the game.

Edited by VoodooGaming