The blast radius is unrealistic and is nerfed for tank shells. The MG stops working after 150 rounds, even if you reload or go to a repair station, it won't shoot any more rounds. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

When you get the option use SH shells for infantry, I find they work better for killing inf.

But yeah the HE on the MBT's are pretty damn useless for inf unless you pretty much score a direct hit (which raises the question of why not just use 12.7 cannon), I was on Moscow Warzone the other day (post 0.3 patch) objective C1 was being contested and I could see the enemy infantry in there (they were between that box thing in the middle and the far wall if you're looking through the main/ big door) so I thought I'd send a few HE shells in there, not really expecting to kill them but maybe forcing them to move with the splash damage so I could get a kill shot... Not as single bit of damage was caused by these "High Explosive" rounds. Like I said I wasn't expecting to kill them, but not a single bit of damage happening seems a bit much :/

On a side note I've also noticed since 0.3 (only a couple of times) HE rounds not registering/ doing any damage to vehicles :/:/

Edited by VoodooGaming
  • Thanks 1

okay slightly related question, how do you use the machine guns? 

as for the nerfed blast radium. imo i'm kinda thankful that's it ain't that big. would be so OP.

@epic potato The default key bind I think is the #3 key (I've mapped it to my mouse). Personally I think the devs went slightly too far with the blast radius nerf of HE, but one thing it has done is make the SH shells a more viable option, before the HE there was no point in using SH shells.

Blast radius is actually pretty realistic. And is now balanced. More effort is required but its good to see tanks require some level of skill to get kills instead of being like BF frag machines.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Artaxiad300062 said:

The blast radius is unrealistic and is nerfed for tank shells. The MG stops working after 150 rounds, even if you reload or go to a repair station, it won't shoot any more rounds. 

I'm not sure about realism, but I like where tanks are currently. MBT's are still tough to take down, especially kitted out, but not impossible if there is one clever enemy with an RPG or two or three people just hammering it with RPGs.

The MG bug needs fixing ASAP though, because this shorter blast radius for HE means we need to rely on the MG for infantry (which IMO is the way it should be for the most part), but we can't do that if it just stops working. This happened to me several times so far, and I've had to resort to HE/main canon only for every target - I was still able to get about 60-70% of the infantry I aimed at with it.

7 hours ago, VoodooGaming said:

@epic potato The default key bind I think is the #3 key (I've mapped it to my mouse). Personally I think the devs went slightly too far with the blast radius nerf of HE, but one thing it has done is make the SH shells a more viable option, before the HE there was no point in using SH shells.

ey thanks.

11 hours ago, VoodooGaming said:

When you get the option use SH shells for infantry, I find they work better for killing inf.

The problem with SH is that they do no damage to tanks, so yes, while they are better for infantry. Now, if a tank has already spotted you, they can change to APF... (the anti-tank one) and you would be suck on SH trying to load the other shell, in the meantime, the guy probably has 2 easy shots on you, in which you would most likely now die. Idk man, perhaps the only viable way to play tank now, is SH shells and rockets for the turret against tanks. 

• Angry 1

1 hour ago, DoctorMcBatman said:

I'm not sure about realism, but I like where tanks are currently. MBT's are still tough to take down, especially kitted out, but not impossible if there is one clever enemy with an RPG or two or three people just hammering it with RPGs.

The MG bug needs fixing ASAP though, because this shorter blast radius for HE means we need to rely on the MG for infantry (which IMO is the way it should be for the most part), but we can't do that if it just stops working. This happened to me several times so far, and I've had to resort to HE/main canon only for every target - I was still able to get about 60-70% of the infantry I aimed at with it.

Problem is, a good player by now, can destroy a fully upgraded tank under 30 seconds. 

1) Quickly destroy the optics and blind the driver

2) get behind the tank

3) 2-3 shot the most powerful tank in the game

And that is just one dude, if there are a few more of these "good players" then the MBT is just a joke. I think MBTs need to be buffed to be future-proof. Sure right now, alot of players don't understand how to deal with them. But in my view, I feel like a bully against these tanks... I can blind them in second, spam them and kill them. Actually most of the time, the drivers bails because he just gives up, due to not having optics or becoming stuck after frantically trying to get away, and I kill the driver. Am I the terminator? I am just infantry! The MBT should be the terminator for me! 

What we need is: 

1) Smoothing the movement of all tanks, to be like the T72, I don't know why but this tank is very smooth to drive. 

2) Buff the shells back, so many times, I notice that my shells are exploding right next to a player and doing ZERO damage! 

3) Buff the MGs back, and fix the reload bug after 150 rounds

4) Improve the optics, they go full-retard alot of the time and mess with your aiming.

5) Add more grenades for tanks, so people don't abuse the ability to blind tank drivers

6) Make it easier for players to spawn on tanks, so players should be able to either spawn on objective, map, or a fellow tank, this would make the light-medium tanks more useful since that have larger crews than MBTs

7) Improve tanks ability to run over obstacles or destroy the environment, it is way too easy to get stuck while driving, light-medium tanks can't push motorbikes, you can literally drive a motorbike against a light tank and the tank would move backward. 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

4 hours ago, ೞoℓf✌ said:

There is already one topic about tanks.

why a new topic?it's just confusing for everyone or is it just that? for attention?we have been talking about it for a long time!please keep order

please admin to put together

Edited by VBK-Anarchie
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, VBK-Anarchie said:

why a new topic?it's just confusing for everyone or is it just that? for attention?we have been talking about it for a long time!please keep order

please admin to put together

attention? dafuq... 

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

8 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

Blast radius is actually pretty realistic. And is now balanced. More effort is required but its good to see tanks require some level of skill to get kills instead of being like BF frag machines.

Realistic? HE shells creating craters next to players, with zero damage being done to the player is not my idea of realism, shouldn't be yours either. The SH shell is decent, is it more of what you would expect from a tank. But even the SH shell is not very good, often times letting the player get away with about 20 HP remaining. This is not realism, it is the opposite. Now the HE shell, that is a different story, when using the HE you are expected to play as a long range sniper. If your shell hits even 0.1 cm away from the player's foot, no damage, sorry! 

• Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

HE is not a IRL tank shell it is a representation of a HEAT round. Many video games call change the names of the shell to non IRL to gameifiy it to be more understandable for the average player and to get away from the real world use.

The round in game is a half anti-infatry half anit-tank weapon Which is not what goes on IRL. HEAT rounds are anti tank rounds that use explosives to defeat armor, While AP rounds are SABOTs which defeat armor by penitration.

There are some ver specialized shells that can be used against trenches or against enemys in buildings but they are not the main ammunition carried.

The Blast range on a standard round it great enough to be of use as of now and it shouldnt be the main way to kill infantry as the main gun is not meant to kill infantry it meant for other armor. Coaxil guns and top mounted guns are primarily used against infantry.

So use coaxil it works well against infantry. The main gun works well against infantry already you just have to actually aim it instead of gettign free frags.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

HE is not a IRL tank shell it is a representation of a HEAT round. Many video games call change the names of the shell to non IRL to gameifiy it to be more understandable for the average player and to get away from the real world use.

The round in game is a half anti-infatry half anit-tank weapon Which is not what goes on IRL. HEAT rounds are anti tank rounds that use explosives to defeat armor, While AP rounds are SABOTs which defeat armor by penitration.

There are some ver specialized shells that can be used against trenches or against enemys in buildings but they are not the main ammunition carried.

The Blast range on a standard round it great enough to be of use as of now and it shouldnt be the main way to kill infantry as the main gun is not meant to kill infantry it meant for other armor. Coaxil guns and top mounted guns are primarily used against infantry.

So use coaxil it works well against infantry. The main gun works well against infantry already you just have to actually aim it instead of gettign free frags.

Doesn't matter, what don't you understand about explosives. The HE explodes next to infantry and doesn't kill. It needs a buff, so either way it is not realistic. MGs are not the best way to deal with infantry in this game, especially if they are hiding around a corner, or behind something, in that case your MG is no use. You would need to use a shell to destroy their cover and kill them. HE doesn't do that anymore like it physically cannot kill troops like it is supposed to with a decent blast radius. 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

5 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

There is no tank shell explosive that that is only for killing Tanks. Even SH, which does no damage to tanks now, is itself an anti-tank shell, but in the game is used against infantry. So there is no reason for HE to be as weak as it is against infantry. Both SH and HE are explosive shells, HE means High-Explosive shell, that should be deadly to infantry, no matter what. You seem to not have played tank much, you need an explosive weapon when fighting good players, they will seek cover, they will try to outmaneuver you and get behind you. You need a shell with a good blast radius to deal with enemies like this. SH is good against infantry right now, useless against tanks. HE should be made good for both. The SH shell I think refers to the Squash Head HE shell, which is anti-tank itself and occasionally used to destroy buildings and enemy fortifications. So there is definitely, a problem here. It's funny I saw you on one post wanting the tanks to be stronger, now you're here arguing against that. 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Please find me a modern HE shell shot by tanks. Ill save you the trouble because there isn't one. HE shells were used way way back in the day and was primitive anti armor.

Most modern tanks carry SABOTs before that and still carry HEAT or HESH(High Explosive Squash Head). There might be very specialized canister which are anti helo shells and then some type of air burst shrapnel.

Both HEAT and HESH which HE represents are anti tank weapons that are specialized to defeat tank armor because not specializing in defeating armor mean you arent gonna penetration it or kill the people in side.

Even old HE rounds when they were used main purpose was anti tank but they evolved into the HESH which is specialized round that puts all the energy forward to cause the internals of a tanks to brake of and become the shrapnel.

Tanks mainly carry anti tank rounds as that is their purpose. They might have 40 rounds onboard and spend a week with out a resupplie. They use their coaxial and mechanized infantry to deal mainly with infantry. In some MOUT in a siege scenario they will expend rounds to destroy buildings.

Its not realistic to be shooting the feet of a the infantry player to get a blast radius kill at all and it would most likely ricochet instead of detonating. If you want realistic then shoot them with a anti infantry weapon that isn't expending the limited 20-40 pound round on one dude.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

Please find me a modern HE shell shot by tanks. Ill save you the trouble because there isn't one. HE shells were used way way back in the day and was primitive anti armor.

Almost half of ammo stowage in modern russian tanks are HE shells. It was, it is and it will be. It's only western thought in 70-80's that their  tanks will only fight Soviet tanks armadas, so didn't bother to have HE in stowage, just strictly AT shells and shotgunlike shrapnel shells.

Tanks in WW3 are good as they are now. If u think otherwise - you are bad with tanks. And yes, main cannon IS for killing infantry. And ffs use SH shells as primary, and APFSDS as secondary. Just don't dive in fight while thinking that you can capture the point singlehandedly VS squad with AT launchers. Pretty simple?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

Almost half of ammo stowage in modern russian tanks are HE shells. It was, it is and it will be. It's only western thought in 70-80's that their  tanks will only fight Soviet tanks armadas, so didn't bother to have HE in stowage, just strictly AT shells and shotgunlike shrapnel shells.

HEAT, HESH are the only HE shells still used. HE is no longer used. There are air-burst shrapnel rounds which are specialized rounds for anti trench.

The only HE rounds are both anti tank as the only reason to have big ass gun is to tank out armored targets. They have smaller anti infantry weapons that are more effective and efficient for infantry.

After WW2 militarizes went away from the old primitive HE shell which were made to defeat armor to more focused anti-tank shells as that is the point of the main gun on tanks.

There are now only 3 main shells for tanks SABOT, HEAT and then HESH which is not used as much since it is mainly uses in rifled barrels. other specializes shells are very rarely used.

Now that a tank has mainly 2 different types of shells with both being focused on anti tanks why would they use them on infantry when coaxial does just as good but being more sustained and can be continually fired and is a lot more cost effective. They dont they would use the coaxial almost all the time. Machine guns work better against infantry.

42 minutes ago, TZoningHard said:

HEAT, HESH are the only HE shells still used. HE is no longer used. There are air-burst shrapnel rounds which are specialized rounds for anti trench.

The only HE rounds are both anti tank as the only reason to have big ass gun is to tank out armored targets. They have smaller anti infantry weapons that are more effective and efficient for infantry.

After WW2 militarizes went away from the old primitive HE shell which were made to defeat armor to more focused anti-tank shells as that is the point of the main gun on tanks.

There are now only 3 main shells for tanks SABOT, HEAT and then HESH which is not used as much since it is mainly uses in rifled barrels. other specializes shells are very rarely used.

Now that a tank has mainly 2 different types of shells with both being focused on anti tanks why would they use them on infantry when coaxial does just as good but being more sustained and can be continually fired and is a lot more cost effective. They dont they would use the coaxial almost all the time. Machine guns work better against infantry.

From a Wiki article on HESH or HE-SH (High-Explosive Squash Head) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-explosive_squash_head

High-explosive squash head (HESH) is a type of explosive ammunition that is effective against tank armor and is also useful against buildings.   Which means it was also used against infantry fortifications, such as buildings and other places people would take cover. In the game, this round does about no damage to tanks.  The HE round is nerfed against infantry, good against tanks. We just want this fixed, that's all...Don't understand where your argument lies. 

Also, 

The HEAT warhead has become less effective against tanks and other armored vehicles due to the use of composite armorexplosive-reactive armor, and active protection systems which destroy the HEAT warhead before it hits the tank. Even though HEAT rounds are less effective against the heavy armour of 2010-era main battle tanks, HEAT warheads remain a threat against less-armoured parts of a main battle tank (e.g., rear, top) and against lighter armoured vehicles or unarmoured vehicles and helicopters.

@TZoningHard realy... don't missinform people here who don't read posts. i posted a presentation of HE shells for 120mm L44 that are used (with airburs option) and are deacent at killing light vehicles.

Mother russia still uses HE for 125

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/125_mm_smoothbore_ammunition

And ammo ist for german 120mm 😛

Apparently only USA stuck with HEAT as HE replacement since even brits are using HESH...

Edited by Marg
  • Like 1

I repeat: use SH shells in game. Warshaw map. Was afk halftime(or even more) of the match testing dmg to tank with RPG. And then fast 4800 points for Bumerang with 57-mm Baikal with SH shells. It's pretty much One Shot to Kill on any range. IF ONLY U HAVE DECENT AIM. If not - nothing can help u. 

20181226004007_1.jpg

Edited by tynblpb

3 minutes ago, tynblpb said:

I repeat: use SH shells in game. Warshaw map. Was afk halftime of the match testing dmg to tank with RPG. And then fast 4800 points for Bumerang with 57-mm Baikal with SH shells. It's pretty much OHK on any range. IF ONLY U HAVE DECENT AIM. If not - nothing can help u. 

20181226004007_1.jpg

yes while we are talking about lage guns not autocanons.... and i would preffer to use actual HE to instakill on direct hit... but ok

Edited by Marg

2 minutes ago, Marg said:

yes while we are talking about lage guns not autocanons.... 

I know, SH is pretty good against infantry now, but it still does nothing against tanks. In the scenario an HE equipped or even worse an AP equipped tank finds you, you are going to have to switch your SH shell to the others, lowering your reaction time and most certainly being doomed.