epic potato

make the voice lines fair.

i'm Christian (oh shit i know) so i can't appreciate some voicelines, but i understand that most people don't understand why they should give a fuck.

but to make it fair i think you should add some other voicelines, just to show that you're not just messing with the nice religions. i mean it's only fair right? :D

i propose:

1 for Muslims: alah fuckme ackbar!

2 for Buddhists : a thousand Buddha's on a stick!

3 for Hindu's: paranja papaya that was a nice shot!

if you're not going to do that maybe just add nice nonreligious texts? i'm sure sentences like "a thousand dicks up my ass, fuck me" will be appreciated by everybody who's gonna be a dick against me because i'm giving my honest opinion. 

jk be yourself. ❤️

Please, no! How about user controlled voice lines ONLY, so that stealth is not given up at ridiculous random, times saying something even the experienced military here would never say.

Voice messages that are only directed to mission communications, objectives, and tactics like bounding: "Move here (points to next cover position) I'll cover you" and it's counters, "Moving..." and, "Moving Cover Me!"...

There is a litany of VO CCC commands and responses that WW3 (and even some of the best games lack) that would be enormously helpful, just a few of the most basic on a nice menu:

·  "Affirmative"
·  "Negative"
·  "Status (Health)"
·  "Spotted (Name Object Or Target  & Position X,Y)"
·  "Position (Current Position X,Y)"
·  "Need Ammo"
·  "Need A Medic"
·  "Need Support"
·  "Need Trasport"
·  "Ammo Here (Position X,Y)"
·  "Support Deployed Here (Position X,Y)""
·  "Come To Me!"
·  "Need Cover Fire On (Position X,Y)"
·  "Heavily Enemy Renforsments (@ Position X,Y)"
·  "Requesting Orders"
·  "Will Comply"
·  "Can Not Comply"
·  "Holding Position"
·  "Say Again"
·  "I'll Cover You"
·  "Moving"
·  "Moving Cover Me!"
·  "They Have Your Position Displace!"
·  "They Have Our Position Displace!"

There's more then enough swearing, insults, trolling, baiting, and every kind of -ism on various VOIP channels, most of this not in the least representative of military professionalism, or even unskilled infantry under stress no less more seasoned operators like those represented in WW3, there just isn't time or bandwidth for this kind of thing IRL, why bother making room for it here...

Edited by Hoak
  • Like 2

"swearing, insults, trolling, baiting"  That sound just like grunts. If you ever been around grunts all they do is swear, bitch, insult, and act an ass. The game is far too cringe in some aspects like "Yo Mamma". There would be a lot more stress and anger and brutality to it then what is in game.

3 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

"swearing, insults, trolling, baiting"  That sound just like grunts. If you ever been around grunts all they do is swear, bitch, insult, and act an ass. The game is far too cringe in some aspects like "Yo Mamma". There would be a lot more stress and anger and brutality to it then what is in game.

Grunts? Maybe in some ghetto third world militia, or off duty. In the rest of the developed world even "Grunts" are beholden to radio discipline, and "act an ass" as you call it, on the radio is an actionable Courts Martial offense. 

IMHO, the game should focus first and foremost on communication that effects game play, not your desire to troll, insult and indulge prepubescent impulses to use your first swear words. This means real CCC, and for the game's part communication as on mission, in theater combatants would use it -- not the extraneous bullshit.

Edited by Hoak
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hoak said:

Grunts? Maybe in some ghetto third world militia, or off duty. In the rest of the developed world even "Grunts" are beholden to radio discipline, and "act an ass" as you call it, on the radio is an actionable Courts Martial offense. 

IMHO, the game should focus first and foremost on communication that effects game play, not your desire to troll, insult and indulge prepubescent impulses to use your first swear words. This means real CCC, and for the game's part communication as on mission, in theater combatants would use it -- not the extraneous bullshit.

lol what you talking about there's radio educate but no one is going to court martial over that. In game the characters are not talking aver radio either they are just saying shit outload in the moment.

No one is gonna waste time with all the paper work, and pomp and circus to punish some one not using educate. They will most likely tell them to stop taking up the net.

Ive seen people cus over the radio and seen people in videos in country cus a bit. Back in the states you cant cus over the radio because the FCC will sue the unit for cussing over the radio if they catch it.

There is levels of com hierarchy and I assure you that when people are on lower comms they will watercooler talk a lot of the time as long as it doesn't take up the net. just as you wouldn't watercooler talk next to the head shed but would out with your squad.

But you can hear in game that the radio is more serious and professional but the solders are acting boisterous and are shit talking out side of comms. Some of what they say is cringe but some of it is decent.

What ever RPer do in there games is not what real soldiers do.

17 hours ago, epic potato said:

i'm Christian (oh shit i know) so i can't appreciate some voicelines, but i understand that most people don't understand why they should give a fuck.

but to make it fair i think you should add some other voicelines, just to show that you're not just messing with the nice religions. i mean it's only fair right? :D

i propose:

1 for Muslims: alah fuckme ackbar!

2 for Buddhists : a thousand Buddha's on a stick!

3 for Hindu's: paranja papaya that was a nice shot!

if you're not going to do that maybe just add nice nonreligious texts? i'm sure sentences like "a thousand dicks up my ass, fuck me" will be appreciated by everybody who's gonna be a dick against me because i'm giving my honest opinion. 

jk be yourself. ❤️

This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever read on this forum.

Yeah, let's make the chants anti-religious, why just stop there ?

Let's also give the chance to yell out racist slurs while at that ? People with disabilities ? Let's insult those too !

I am being sarcastic up there.Buddy if you think that stuff like insulting someone's personal beliefs would be good for the game, I highly recommend going to your psychologist and getting some therapy.
FeelsBadMan that there are people like this in any community.

Edited by Anxter
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, Anxter said:

Let's also give the chance to yell out racist slurs while at that ? People with disabilities ? Let's insult those too !

I am being sarcastic up there.Buddy if you think that stuff like insulting someone's personal beliefs would be good for the game, I highly recommend going to your psychologist and getting some therapy.

Ya, well look at his name... I didn't realize he and his buddy were trolling till after I made the effort to respond... Either that or his moniker is more appropriate then he knows...

Edited by Hoak
  • Like 1

On 12/25/2018 at 2:04 AM, Hoak said:

Please, no! How about user controlled voice lines ONLY, so that stealth is not given up at ridiculous random, times saying something even the experienced military here would never say.

Voice messages that are only directed to mission communications, objectives, and tactics like bounding: "Move here (points to next cover position) I'll cover you" and it's counters, "Moving..." and, "Moving Cover Me!"...

There is a litany of VO CCC commands and responses that WW3 (and even some of the best games lack) that would be enormously helpful, just a few of the most basic on a nice menu:

·  "Affirmative"
·  "Negative"
·  "Status (Health)"
·  "Spotted (Name Object Or Target  & Position X,Y)"
·  "Position (Current Position X,Y)"
·  "Need Ammo"
·  "Need A Medic"
·  "Need Support"
·  "Need Trasport"
·  "Ammo Here (Position X,Y)"
·  "Support Deployed Here (Position X,Y)""
·  "Come To Me!"
·  "Need Cover Fire On (Position X,Y)"
·  "Heavily Enemy Renforsments (@ Position X,Y)"
·  "Requesting Orders"
·  "Will Comply"
·  "Can Not Comply"
·  "Holding Position"
·  "Say Again"
·  "I'll Cover You"
·  "Moving"
·  "Moving Cover Me!"
·  "They Have Your Position Displace!"
·  "They Have Our Position Displace!"

There's more then enough swearing, insults, trolling, baiting, and every kind of -ism on various VOIP channels, most of this not in the least representative of military professionalism, or even unskilled infantry under stress no less more seasoned operators like those represented in WW3, there just isn't time or bandwidth for this kind of thing IRL, why bother making room for it here...

yeah that could be a good idea. although some voicelines are kinda funny, and the game not being a serious simulation i don't think it hurts.

On 12/25/2018 at 7:37 AM, Anxter said:

you're understanding me wrong. i'm disliking these words too. the thing that i'm trying to point out is that people like to insult the believes and peoples that are the easiest to mess with.

Christians aren't gonna chop off any devs heads.. but if they think it's alright to mess with peoples believes. they should do it to the believes that actually do something about it too. 

the fact is, it hurts people. respect others would be the ideal imo.

but now the violent religions are being given what they want, rewards for reacting in a violent manner. 

13 minutes ago, epic potato said:

yeah that could be a good idea. although some voicelines are kinda funny, and the game not being a serious simulation i don't think it hurts.

you're understanding me wrong. i'm disliking these words too. the thing that i'm trying to point out is that people like to insult the believes and peoples that are the easiest to mess with.

Christians aren't gonna chop off any devs heads.. but if they think it's alright to mess with peoples believes. they should do it to the believes that actually do something about it too. 

the fact is, it hurts people. respect others would be the ideal imo.

but now the violent religions are being given what they want, rewards for reacting in a violent manner. 

What are you talking about ? How is TheFarm51 insulting Christianity ?

Why are you even discussing such a topic on a forum of an online video game ?

This is the wrong place to preach, how about suggesting something that could actually benefit the game ?

Get your soapbox off this street.

• Like 1

As a Christian myself, I don't see which particular lines insult Christianity as OP claims, but I do agree that the excessive swearing (at least in the Polish voices) in every single little thing they say is pretty over the top and cringe. I would prefer my soldier sounding as a properly raised and honorable Pole rather than some dumb brute. I don't mind some occasional swearing as I can imagine on the battlefield adrenaline can make you say some rowdy things, but running around swearing 24/7 like some drunk teenager at a pub does not make you sound professional in the least.

The swearing is normal, These arent civilians.

Some of it is cringe but not because the cussing but because of the lameness of what they are saying.

"Yo momma" is pretty cringe but not that bad, but instead having "get fucked" would be more inline to what people would actually say.

3 hours ago, DELTA38 said:

As a Christian myself, I don't see which particular lines insult Christianity as OP claims, but I do agree that the excessive swearing (at least in the Polish voices) in every single little thing they say is pretty over the top and cringe. I would prefer my soldier sounding as a properly raised and honorable Pole rather than some dumb brute. I don't mind some occasional swearing as I can imagine on the battlefield adrenaline can make you say some rowdy things, but running around swearing 24/7 like some drunk teenager at a pub does not make you sound professional in the least.

i'm only really bothered by the "jezus f*cking christ almighty" voiceline of when you almost get killed.

wow...somehow a religion thread got started...in a game....about....war? Makes sense I guess.

...annnyyyywaaayyyyy

"You'll never be the man your mother is"