Sign in to follow this  
PandaStick

Why does the ODYN LONG RANGE THERMAL SCOPE stop registering player at a certain distance?

Been using it back when it was registering players in black and white, with the new patch they changed that do red and blue and now the target doesn't even show up until they are at a certain distance. The thing is that rendering distance is not far at all, i can see they without scoping in even. Could the dev changed that since it's suppose to be use for long range battle?

7 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

Its a balancing feature so thermals arent so "OP"

They already limited the FOV to the point of only the thing you point at pop up, also the new color scheme make it impossible to see the enemy or anything without them moving. By having that limiter, the scope is useless as a long range weapon.

I thought that was a bug, that sucks! I'm going to stop using thermals if that's really the case. Please just limit the field of view/and or increase the weight if you want to balance it. Making something useless for it's entire intended purpose is no way to balance something.

-EDIT-

Can we get a developer to verify this?

Edited by Grey Wolf Jack
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Which game, i only saw it in eft and r6s and both example the thermal isn't at all broken. The thermal in this game is even more handicapped than those in the example. Having it become useless at long distance for a long range scope while giving a tons of down side makes the scope feels useless.

I'll report it to the team. We have to think about the use of thermal scopes in the near future on WW3.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, MaxMaron said:

I'll report it to the team. We have to think about the use of thermal scopes in the near future on WW3.

If this really is a balancing feature and not a bug, I think the better thing to do right now is to balance thermals by drastically increasing their weight rather than decreasing their view range. You can then say that the drastically increased weight is because you have to consider you're carrying extra batteries for your thermal scopes.

-EDIT-

Then I believe the effects of carrying weight need to be adjusted. Right now in my opinion the heavy class is too fast and the light class is too slow to make up for the lack of protection.

Edited by Grey Wolf Jack
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1