tynblpb

Comm-rose. Yes or No?

Will be there comm-rose in any kind? I'm missing times when in BF2-2142 u could almost conduct a dialog using just comm-rose commands. Something like:

"Get in!"

"Sorry." "No can do." "Out of ammo." "Go-go-go!".

Just simple "Sorry!" can make life easier. Or "Follow me" when u r squadleader.

We have no commander here, so there will be no spamming "enemy infantry spotted". Just make commands audible in 20m radius and fullmap radiomessages for squadmates.

It's frustrating to ask some dumb guy for an ammo, and if he DGAF u can't repeat ur request for what, 30secs? More? And then u need to sit in front of him and only after that in someone's empty head can show up an idea that if someone following u for almost half of minute, doing nothing more than sitting in front of you, he needs something from you. Sometimes i was out of all ammo. No ammo for assault rifle, no ammo for RPG, no grenades, nothing. And no ammopacks in 100m radius.

I want to scream in air that there is tank somewhere here, even if don't see. Especially when spotting with button needs to point at center of the vehicle.

So, will be there comm-rose? Or it is too early to ask or decide?

• Like 1

With comm-rose do you by any chance mean the in game radio chat where you press Y, go to requests and click 2 and then your character screams "No bullets!" also a chat message appears? ? 

1 hour ago, maddinii said:

With comm-rose do you by any chance mean the in game radio chat where you press Y, go to requests and click 2 and then your character screams "No bullets!" also a chat message appears? ? 

Y button is Counter-Strike style chat. I want BF-style comm-rose. Besides, Y button is too far for my fingers.

10 minutes ago, maddinii said:

Set a new Keybinding? Use macro buttons :D

Ehm, I think u missed  "I want BF-style comm-rose"  part in my post...

I would like something like PS2 which is similar to the quick radio but the comm would be proximity based and have a icon on you to signify to the support that you need them.

Ask for ammo get a ammo needed icon in game like the IFF friendly markings. I would like simple press a button like v then press a number button like 1-9 to get what you want. also for it to not be all over my screen blocking my veiw. If you play enough you can just press v -> 2 for example "I need ammo" in a split second and dont even need to have it on your screen.

Comm-rose is just as useless in BF. I have played BF since BFBC2 for thousands of hours and in more then 90 % of the time players ignore it completely. You can stand in front of them and spam comm-rose all day long - and BF has even Icons that pop-up over a player if he needs ammo i. e. WW3 lets you see if a teammate is low health. That alone should be enough for players to drop meds or syringe him, but we know how that goes ... The only good solution is Squad Voice Chat. After Farm51 implements a server browser this should not be a problem even in Asia, since you will be able to choose a suitable server.

Edited by DisRawTomato

5 hours ago, DisRawTomato said:

Comm-rose is just as useless in BF. I have played BF since BFBC2 for thousands of hours and in more then 90 % of the time players ignore it completely. You can stand in front of them and spam comm-rose all day long - and BF has even Icons that pop-up over a player if he needs ammo i. e. WW3 lets you see if a teammate is low health. That alone should be enough for players to drop meds or syringe him, but we know how that goes ... The only good solution is Squad Voice Chat. After Farm51 implements a server browser this should not be a problem even in Asia, since you will be able to choose a suitable server.

Sorry, but if u've played BF since BFBC2 - u didn't play BF at all. I think TZoningHard didn't play with fully functioning comm-rose too... So, basically, u don't know what comm-rose rly is. Especially with newfags who can only run and gun around u.

Edited by tynblpb

1 hour ago, tynblpb said:

Sorry, but if u've played BF since BFBC2 - u didn't play BF at all. I think TZoningHard didn't play with fully functioning comm-rose too... So, basically, u don't know what comm-rose rly is. Especially with newfags who can only run and gun around u.

Best kinds of arguments. Love it.

Why would I want

Battlefield-1-Commo-Rose.jpg&f=1

or

battlefield-v-commo-rose.png&f=1

when I could have my view unobstructed and uses my mouse. If people want it at least give us another version that is not intrusive similar to planetside 2 voice macro but with more macros as the alternative.

p6STo7r.png

no need to use your mouse press v or another button then press the button you need and you can still shoot and do every thing else.

It used to be in the bottom corner of the screen but they recently moved it up.

I just want the UI out of sight and not interfering also to regain full control even if its lost for just a split second.

You could break it up even further for v -> social [3] -> thanks[1], sorry [2], taunt [3], or hello.

The only issue is reaching for the 7 and up key for some people but if you break it up like a com rose does then you done have to reach, its far less intrusive to game play, and pressing 3 keys is very quick and can only intrude on weapon switching.

If people want com rose ok but I dont like it, the less ui in my face and less controls taken away from me the better the experience so a alternative is needed since com macro will be greatly useful and you cant just not use it..

Like I said... U didn't play with normal comm-rose. Very quick u say. 11-13years ago u needed only ~0.2-0.3sec to press Q, yank mouse a little and press LMB(and 0.1-0.2sec if u r hardcore BF player) . Sorry, but yours press Y then choose numerical button then press another numerical button is pretty much gamebreaking. It requires drastically much more time, so u can't use it in firefights. Then what need is in this feature, if it requires if not standing still, but at least not strafing or running or shooting? 

Edited by tynblpb

is dont even know what nonsense you are talking about. clearly you have a com rose on screen, I dont want that, clearly you are using you mouse to select, I dont want that.

Very little difference in the time it takes between them that its down to the player for speed.

I have used com rose before man, I dont like them and I dont see a need for a lot of the fluff that got shoved into them.

On 12/26/2018 at 9:49 AM, tynblpb said:

Will be there comm-rose in any kind? I'm missing times when in BF2-2142 u could almost conduct a dialog using just comm-rose commands. Something like:

"Get in!"

"Sorry." "No can do." "Out of ammo." "Go-go-go!".

Just simple "Sorry!" can make life easier. Or "Follow me" when u r squadleader.

We have no commander here, so there will be no spamming "enemy infantry spotted". Just make commands audible in 20m radius and fullmap radiomessages for squadmates.

It's frustrating to ask some dumb guy for an ammo, and if he DGAF u can't repeat ur request for what, 30secs? More? And then u need to sit in front of him and only after that in someone's empty head can show up an idea that if someone following u for almost half of minute, doing nothing more than sitting in front of you, he needs something from you. Sometimes i was out of all ammo. No ammo for assault rifle, no ammo for RPG, no grenades, nothing. And no ammopacks in 100m radius.

I want to scream in air that there is tank somewhere here, even if don't see. Especially when spotting with button needs to point at center of the vehicle.

So, will be there comm-rose? Or it is too early to ask or decide?

I'm all for it, but there are several threads about this already -- I started one HERE but there have been at least a dozen more created since. I personally don't care if pie menus, key binds, or linear menus are used, just want useful communication where I don't have to listen to screaming idiots.  

What's in the CCC system is more important then how it's executed imho, that is tactically useful functional commands, that operate in each players native language (works as inter-game translator offering another benefit), and in some cases rewards for useful communication might even be rewarded. There is a litany of VO CCC commands and responses that would be enormously helpful, just a few of the most basic on a nice menu:

·  "Affirmative"
·  "Negative"
·  "Status (Health)"
·  "Spotted (Name Object Or Target  & Position X,Y)"
·  "Position (Current Position X,Y)"
·  "Need Ammo"
·  "Need A Medic"
·  "Need Support"
·  "Need Trasport"
·  "Ammo Here (Position X,Y)"
·  "Support Deployed Here (Position X,Y)""
·  "Come To Me!"
·  "Need Cover Fire On (Position X,Y)"
·  "Heavily Enemy Renforsments (@ Position X,Y)"
·  "Requesting Orders"
·  "Will Comply"
·  "Can Not Comply"
·  "Holding Position"
·  "Say Again"
·  "I'll Cover You"
·  "Moving"
·  "Moving Cover Me!"
·  "They Have Your Position Displace!"
·  "They Have Our Position Displace!"

Effective team communication and coordination rarely happens over VOIP as there are all kinds of petty distractions: drunk people, illiterate people, people that just want to troll, the quality of game play always improves proportionally to the quality of team communication and coordination -- it's true in the real world and just as true in games realistic or not...

most of that list is not needed

ammo

equipment

medic

thanks

no thanks

sorry

taunt

follow

get in the vehicle/transport

repair

attack/defend

Accompanied by a good spotting system is pretty mush all that is needed.

I can understand more of Asia and maybe EU but most of that is never gonna be used normally by people in the same VOIP

21 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

most of that list is not needed

ammo

equipment

medic

thanks

no thanks

sorry

taunt

follow

get in the vehicle/transport

repair

attack/defend

Accompanied by a good spotting system is pretty mush all that is needed.

I can understand more of Asia and maybe EU but most of that is never gonna be used normally by people in the same VOIP

You're confused or only play with idiots -- either way this obviously isn't a thread or idea that interests you, these aren't the Droids you're looking for, move along...

I like the current uav request, as some areas in certain maps are so dark that I just don't go there anymore unless I get uav support. Would be nice if the uav request added to the chat message the current objective of the squad leader, to make it easier. 

An affirmative button would be okay ? but for most other as tzone said I don't think they are really necessary. 

On 12/28/2018 at 5:46 PM, TZoningHard said:

insults man really. The is no need for all of that RP.

If you read any of this as an insult you probably need to be on another language forum, or are looking for a kind of help you won't find here. You're obviously not interested in the idea presented by the OP, have objected to it multiple times, don't like or understand how it's really used in games like Battlefield, PR, Insurgency, Squad, ArmA, RO, et al. -- and that's fine, nothing against you. But trolling the thread is as ridiculous as saying you hate using handguns in games so the game shouldn't have them.

Edited by Hoak
  • Like 1