Sign in to follow this  
InfroD

Prototype Map

This is a suggestion since I've encountered a lot of Streamers getting this map as the first map they ever play on WW3, and tbh since the textures arent done they are wow this is shit game (sorry for the language) but if streamers think that, a lot of player who get that map as a first map must think the same and just leave the game thinking this game isnt complete at all. And just to be clear I dont think the map isnt great, it has great potential, but marketing wise she isnt at the moment

I would suggest removing the map from the rotation and dedicate one server to it and people have to pick it up to play on it, this way the image of the game would remain intact.

My 2 cents

Edited by InfroD
  • Like 2

I agree, I mean I like the map it's what I want to see more of from WW3; but at this early stage of its development it would probably of been best to keep it in the PTE a little longer. Also not that I play TDM but same for Berlin TDM too. If people really want to play the new maps they can download the PTE, it would probably encourage more to use the PTE if it had content that the retail client doesn't have.

The Berlin TDM map has textures and feels like an almost complete map. Many different ways often make it a bit confusing, but I would say it's a finished map. Just small things to do here, mainly navigation. This map makes me become OK with team death match even tho is still prefer warzone just because I don't like spawning in, running up the stairs and having somebody already lie down there with an LMG that's ridiculous and that happens every other match. 

On 12/27/2018 at 10:52 AM, maddinii said:

The Berlin TDM map has textures and feels like an almost complete map. Many different ways often make it a bit confusing, but I would say it's a finished map. Just small things to do here, mainly navigation. This map makes me become OK with team death match even tho is still prefer warzone just because I don't like spawning in, running up the stairs and having somebody already lie down there with an LMG that's ridiculous and that happens every other match. 

Edited by MaxMaron
Glitch using video deleted. Please don't post videos like this. Just report it!

What shall i say. That's people deliberately bug using and these particular people do that a lot for the fun. 

• Thanks 1

I have noticed A LOT of people coming into Smolensk and asking about the textures - also a lot of people in game complaining about ammo. I'm staggered at how many people don't read patch notes/forums/reddit/"prototype" on the Smolensk loading screen to find this stuff out. This is an EA game where the devs literally said they will work with the community to build it - IMO you should expect to have to take a second or two to check the forums for the latest bugs/news, especially when a major patch drops (which is about once a month currently).

@DoctorMcBatman I find it kinda hilarious that while Smolensk is loading it has a big f#*k off "Prototype" stamp across the screen yet pretty much the most common question I've seen being asked both in game and on the steam forums is... "Is it supposed to look like this? Are the textures supposed to be like this?".

Edited by VoodooGaming

1 hour ago, VoodooGaming said:

@DoctorMcBatman I find it kinda hilarious that while Smolensk is loading it has a big f#*k off "Prototype" stamp across the screen yet pretty much the most common question I've seen being asked both in game and on the steam forums is... "Is it supposed to look like this? Are the textures supposed to be like this?".

Maybe the devs can institute a pop-up that happens on first spawn into the map? Saying "thank you for testing the alpha version of our next map" or something like that.

I bet there would still be a group of people who immediately close it without reading it and then ask in the chat, "what's with the map?" /shrug, people will always be people

1 hour ago, TZoningHard said:

yeah might need to spend a some dev hours for in game PR. mainstream players need special attention.

This is exactly where my mind went.

Lmfao. It's the same point being stated over and over again.

Smolensk is right where it should be for its stage in development. Moving it back to PTE would further split the player base/slow it's development. 

Edited by StayPrunk

The large "Prototype" texts happens to be stamped over a picture of a tank. I intuitively thought it was saying the tank was a prototype at first until I saw the map. To allow players to play on a prototype map outside of the test servers is highly unusual and people in general have trouble dealing with anything unusual.

I can see where most people would get confused, so I have to agree that releasing a map so unfinished on a public server is a bad idea regarding publicity. Especially considering how flashy and amazing the game trailers look and then you load into a map like Smolenks.. it's an unintentional disappointment trap, and as we all know, the key to getting dislikes on YouTube is to have a large disparity between the title and content of the video. That is basically what has happened here. 

How else are they supposed to test a map with so few players though? They could schedule a play-test with a bunch loyal players every weekend like some indie games do. These devs need to start a recruitment page to collect testers to safely test maps without ruining their reputation.

• Like 2

Its bad publicity because main stream players dont know whats going on or really even care. They just want and are very narrow sighted.

A dev could do what in their eyes is really cool programming/design accomplishment that took months to get working but to even use it could look like some low effort work as we dont know about that side and the amount of hours it took. Other devs will be like thats impressive but most people will be like it took you 100hours to produce something so meh and incomplete.

Its defiantly bad PR for the many Mainstream players but good stuff for the diehards that keep up with stuff. Learn from it and dont repeat since no amount of explaining before hand will get to them.

You are all right, the map is nice, the game play is nice, but like it have been said, PR wise this map is a gunshot in the foot, die hard players will like it, I like it, how ever lot of people bought the game in Steam Sales and were looking at videos and were wow this look sick, and end up in Smol and are wtf did I just bought.

I don't want it to be sent back to PTE, just to have its own server a 24/7 but you need to pick it up on Warmap instead of being in the rotation, that way people will play the finished maps, and will go try the prototype after.  I remember my first game in this game and it was in Berlin and I was like Wow this game looks amazing, def a good bought but I know new players wont get the same feeling if they end up in this map tbh, I know 4 of my friends who refunded their game because of that map, even tho I told them after it was a prototype map.

Hopefully a dev will step up in here to tell us the plan for that map

They could treat test maps like they're a game mode. You could select between 

[Warzone] - [Team Deathmatch] - [Test Maps]

With Test Maps automatically left out. The next best thing is to turn PTE into a separate client so you don't have to re-download the game over and over.

• Like 2