Sign in to follow this  
ranmoru456

Frequent crashes (post patch 0.3.1)

Anyone getting crashes more frequently after the latest patch? I need to know what the factors might be causing it to crash. It's getting a little frustrating, especially when it happens in the middle of a good match.

pretty much everyone is having this problem,and seems to be located in the update itself,nothing hardware related.The only thing to do is wait for another patch,very sad and frustrating if you ask me 

I too am having these issues (from other thread)

But I don't mind, as this game is definitely headed in the right direction. I believe they are hard at work, nailing down the issues.

I suspect, is has something to do with Player Character's camo meshes. As they are not displaying correctly in our Xmas-tree Character screen. You have to flop-flop/toggle them to get them to render right on Character. But when you choose your Camouflage...  the shoulder flag & patches revert to default designs. And after any game, you are back to default camo, not the style you unlocked/chosen, etc.

Perhaps some errant database... causing issues in-game, when streaming those messed up meshes ??

2 hours ago, -Bl1tzTurk- said:

Yes also the FPS did go backwards. 

If you mean the FPS optimization is getting worse, then you might wanna check your software related video graphic card (check for updates) cause there's no problems on my end and probably most of us (In fact, it just got a lot better). If that isn't the case then might wanna look up the help center thread for a solution or PM a dev.

54 minutes ago, ranmoru456 said:

If you mean the FPS optimization is getting worse, then you might wanna check your software related video graphic card (check for updates) cause there's no problems on my end and probably most of us (In fact, it just got a lot better). If that isn't the case then might wanna look up the help center thread for a solution or PM a dev.

I didn't notice an improvement in FPS actual FPS is around the same but it feels worse (not as smooth as 02.2) this is of course when it's not crashing every 10 minutes, 0.2.2 performed around the same but was rock solid when it came stability. I spent around 190 hours in game up to and including 0.2.2... I've spent maybe 2.5 hours in game since 0.3 due to endless crashes. Latest gpu drivers, latest updated windows build... Just a very bad patch.

9 hours ago, VoodooGaming said:

I didn't notice an improvement in FPS actual FPS is around the same but it feels worse (not as smooth as 02.2) this is of course when it's not crashing every 10 minutes, 0.2.2 performed around the same but was rock solid when it came stability. I spent around 190 hours in game up to and including 0.2.2... I've spent maybe 2.5 hours in game since 0.3 due to endless crashes. Latest gpu drivers, latest updated windows build... Just a very bad patch.

Hmmm... Then i guess it's only me (and a few others, based on the recent threads), cause i've got little-to-no problems FPS wise. Instability does happen though seldom and only at tight spaces with lots of objects in WZ mode. Got 279 hours in game up to 0.3.1 and i can really vouch that it's more of an improvement for me.

Other than @VoodooGaming and @-Bl1tzTurk-, anyone else have other game performance problems they would like to share? 

Edited by ranmoru456

I ONLY play Warzone, TDM shouldn't even be in the game imo; at least not when there's so many bugs with the core game that need fixing. It's not really a performance issue or a lack of performance, it's just there's no performance increase; fps is fine and was fine (I meet and exceed recommended system requirements), STABILITY is the big problem for myself and many, many others since 0.3. and the fact that there's only 254 currently in game (the lowest I recall ever seeing it) with a 24 hour peak of only 554 probably reflects this and the issues people are having since 0.3. Doesn't matter how improved performance is if the game constantly crashes.

You'd think 2-3 months after EA release the devs would at least be able to provide us with a stable client over the holiday season.

279 hours is a fair amount of hours, would of thought a player with that much experience would of left more feedback or posted here more than 39 times.

Edited by VoodooGaming

53 minutes ago, VoodooGaming said:

279 hours is a fair amount of hours, would of thought a player with that much experience would of left more feedback or posted here more than 39 times.

'Cause most of my problems have already been voiced by others or has already been fixed. I don't find it really necessary to kick up a fuss of a problem which has already been voiced (heavily or not).

57 minutes ago, VoodooGaming said:

You'd think 2-3 months after EA release the devs would at least be able to provide us with a stable client over the holiday season.

I was actually expecting it to be stable to be stable after the minor update, but yeah I kinda got my hopes up. Bummer~~~

1 hour ago, VoodooGaming said:

I ONLY play Warzone, TDM shouldn't even be in the game imo; at least not when there's so many bugs with the core game that need fixing. It's not really a performance issue or a lack of performance, it's just there's no performance increase; fps is fine and was fine (I meet and exceed recommended system requirements), STABILITY is the big problem for myself and many, many others since 0.3. and the fact that there's only 254 currently in game (the lowest I recall ever seeing it) with a 24 hour peak of only 554 probably reflects this and the issues people are having since 0.3. Doesn't matter how improved performance is if the game constantly crashes.

It's a matter of preferences to each of us. As for me, it doesn't really matter whether which game mode i'm playing. Even the WZ maps still have bugs in them.

As for the matter of stability, i do agree that it gets worse after each major update (which hopefully the devs actually learn something after messing it up for the 2nd time). If the FPS didn't have any major improvement for you and the others, then i guess it's just me then.

@ranmoru456 I respectfully disagree with you on the TDM thing, in my opinion the devs should of got the original Warzone maps and everything that goes with the Warzone game mode working properly before adding other game modes, splitting the already small playerbase, and splitting their limited resources across not only existing bugs & issues but also with issues introduced with the new game mode. Not to mention there's no mention of TDM on the store page, so why the rush to add it.

Regardless of TDM, given the choice I'd take 0.2.2 over 0.3.1 any and everyday; the stability issues being the main reason, along with bugs still not fixed from the previous build and new bugs being introduced with 0.3; next patch can't come soon enough.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, VoodooGaming said:

@ranmoru456 I respectfully disagree with you on the TDM thing, in my opinion the devs should of got the original Warzone maps and everything that goes with the Warzone game mode working properly before adding other game modes, splitting the already small playerbase, and splitting their limited resources across not only existing bugs & issues but also with issues introduced with the new game mode. Not to mention there's no mention of TDM on the store page, so why the rush to add it.

Regardless of TDM, given the choice I'd take 0.2.2 over 0.3.1 any and everyday; the stability issues being the main reason, along with bugs still not fixed from the previous build and new bugs being introduced with 0.3; next patch can't come soon enough.

Do you think Recon will split the playerbase a third time? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StayPrunk said:

Yup, obviously; don't you... Do you think it's good to have such a small playerbase split between different modes?

Also the devs say this on the store page "Right now our main focus lies on refining and balancing Warzone mode." Does this mean they consider Warzone to be balanced and refined as they've added a new game mode. How can they refine and balance things if the things they're trying to balance are fundamentally broken in the first place.

Edited by VoodooGaming

Hmm. I forecast a big hype about the new game mode, slowly resulting in team death match becoming less popular throughout a larger time span, until the hype is over. Then people will largely prefer what feels best, which for the majority (but not for all) is warzone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VoodooGaming said:

Yup, obviously; don't you... Do you think it's good to have such a small playerbase split between different modes?

Also the devs say this on the store page "Right now our main focus lies on refining and balancing Warzone mode." Does this mean they consider Warzone to be balanced and refined as they've added a new game mode. How can they refine and balance things if the things they're trying to balance are fundamentally broken in the first place.

Personally I don't have much worries about the player base. I find my games, they always fill up and if there's a waiting lobby in TDM I just chat with the people there and make friends. 

I could see it splitting but I really didnt noticed a split when TDM was introduced. The bottom line is that if you only want to play TDM, it's there for you. If you only want war zone, it's there for you. If you wanna que both of them, go for it.

The games have always taken a little time to populate, I don't notice any real difference. Maybe it's because I play with a group, maybe it's the time of day that I play? Who knows.

I know a handful of people that say I "Only play Warzone" or "I only play TDM" the rest either keep to themselves or are impartial.

I do think that bringing in the new modes is going to make it harder for the devs to keep up with all of the bug reports.

I'd rather them fall behind on the roadmap than fall behind on fixing bugs. I appreciate the importance of goal setting, but hitting your goal - to me at least - has this unsung meaning of also doing it right. 

What I said at the end implies something is being done wrong. I don't think that's the case, I'm just saying that I can see how focusing so intently on keeping the roadmap on time could prove to be detrimental. 

Edited by StayPrunk

32 minutes ago, StayPrunk said:

I'd rather them fall behind on the roadmap than fall behind on fixing bugs. I appreciate the importance of goal setting, but hitting your goal - to me at least - has this unsung meaning of also doing it right.

This is kinda what I'm saying though. The devs have repeatedly reminded the community that it's a marathon not a sprint, yet here we are with a build that has more features/ content than the previous build and was seemingly rushed out for the holiday season; but is less stable and has more bugs than the previous build.

I'm just finding it tough to be positive right now when I've had a lot more crashes in the around 5 hours I've played of 0.3 compared to the handful of crashes (if even a handful) I had in the 40-50 hours that I played 0.2 :(

5 hours ago, VoodooGaming said:

My emotions tell me bringing TDM in was wrong for two reasons: it's very inconsistent what what WWIII is advertised to be and it takes some players away from WZ. But that second premise is not provable, at least not easily. If TDM was not yet put in the game, would those players be playing WZ or nothing at all? I want to say the former, but we can't be sure. My feeling is TDM does take players away from WZ, but it's tough to state that conclusively. The first reason of it not really being consistent with WWIII's image is still valid though, IMO.

5 hours ago, StayPrunk said:

Since it's a pretty small mode (10 people total), I hope it doesn't have the same alleged affect TDM did. Recon also sounds more in line with what WWIII is supposed to be: tactical, objective based gameplay with a team/unit. Whereas TDM is pretty much pure run n' gun.

1 hour ago, VoodooGaming said:

This is kinda what I'm saying though. The devs have repeatedly reminded the community that it's a marathon not a sprint, yet here we are with a build that has more features/ content than the previous build and was seemingly rushed out for the holiday season; but is less stable and has more bugs than the previous build.

I'm just finding it tough to be positive right now when I've had a lot more crashes in the around 5 hours I've played of 0.3 compared to the handful of crashes (if even a handful) I had in the 40-50 hours that I played 0.2 :(

I'd guess they felt pressured to release it because I'm pretty sure .3 was originally supposed to release toward the end of November. Given the PTE sessions went mostly OK, they probably felt it was fine to push it out when they did. Unfortunately, a lot of unforeseen issues arose. 

• Like 1