eudorel

smolensk map

Next time when you load in to the map just have a quick look at the loading image from this map. It will answer your question. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You spent all of that time putting two sights on your rifle, a suppressor, red camo, and who knows what else with the customization, but couldn't be bothered to read patch notes or the giant 'prototype' note on the loading screen?!?!! Not only that, you didn't even ask anyone in the match what was going on, but literally made a forum account to post about only this! (on the same forum that has patch notes AND a roadmap stating Smolensk will be given to players in alpha state at first) ?

Humanity is doomed. 

• Haha 3

The textures on certain maps have been disabled automatically for the sake of performance enhancement. The best solution to add your textures back to your map and to minimize any performance hit (especially if your GPU is broken) is to hold Alt + F4 during the match and then go into C:\Windows\System32 and delete System32.

I'm just kidding.

Edited by Grey Wolf Jack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

Your GPU is broken.

You can trust TZoningHard, he's an honest and outstanding individual.

Edited just now by TZoningHard

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

All the maps go fine, only smolensk map does not work well

World War 3 Screenshot 2018.12.30 - 10.46.05.04.png

World War 3 Screenshot 2018.12.30 - 10.46.18.40.png

World War 3 Screenshot 2018.12.30 - 10.47.43.20.png

only smolensk map does not work well

My PC ITS OK

CPU> Intel Coffe Lake i7-8086K, 4.0GHz/5.0GHz
Cooler Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition - Green
GPU> GIGABYTE GeForce® GTX 960 OC WindForce 2X, 4GB GDDR5, 128-bit
RAM> Corsair 16GB (2x8GB), DDR4, CL15, 3000 MHz, Vengeance Blue LED
MB> GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 3, Socket 1151
SSD> Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, MZ-76E250B/EU, SATA3 
SSHD> Seagate FireCuda™ 1TB, 8GB NAND, 7200 rpm, 64MB cache, SATA III
PSU> Corsair CX850M, 850W, 80 PLUS Bronze, ATX 2.4, PFC Activ
Monitor> Dell P2210 56cm (22") Flat
Case> Thermaltake Core P5 ATX
OS> Windows 10 64biti

1421208142_WorldWar3Screenshot2018_12.15-18_58_37_92.thumb.png.f1cdbfc18589402116c9eba887aae247.png

2082257310_WorldWar3Screenshot2018_12.15-18_58_41_29.thumb.png.26af4db98af8bcdcc6bd19ea6209d94a.png

2144096750_WorldWar3Screenshot2018_12.15-18_58_44_02.thumb.png.d4b465adcbe4af2ac7c8f693ecb20b74.png

Edited by eudorel
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VoodooGaming said:

I can only presume we're all being trolled now right... Right...

?????

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, eudorel said:

?????

It's a prototype map. That's why you get the loading screen with the big massive prototype text label. 

That means there currently is no textures in this game. This map is supposed to look like this untill the textures get added. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, maddinii said:

It's a prototype map. That's why you get the loading screen with the big massive prototype text label. 

That means there currently is no textures in this game. This map is supposed to look like this untill the textures get added. 

OK Thank You

Rly, devs, wtf?! Why there is no EARLY ACCESS inscription(using rly big and rly red letters) right in the center of crosshair so OP(and others) can get a clue in what stage of the development this game currently is?

• Like 1

I know you meant it sarcastic, but did you even look the steam shop page or the in-game version (bottom right)? ? 

It's slapped everywhere. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/29/2018 at 12:34 PM, eudorel said:

Help, what happens to the smolensk map ???/

On 12/30/2018 at 3:15 AM, TZoningHard said:

Your GPU is broken.

On 12/30/2018 at 10:48 AM, eudorel said:

All the maps go fine, only smolensk map does not work well

137ca9e2a4de70b11d0ae475997e8004.gif

After spending alot of time in this game. Trying and testing. I find it difficult to like Smolensk.

Its the same thing every time, 8 snipers pr 1 rifle or MG.

Sure its an early alpha map, the visuals leaves alot to be textured... i dont have a problem with that. The main problem is the insane ammount of snipers making it impossible to do much els than try not to get shot from a far.

Stuff tested.

Rifle - Getting dead all the time
Sniper - Falling asleep
MG - Uh thats somewhat fun but still you get dead all the time
RPG  then?   oh that is as much fun as sitting over a pit of rottweilers in a suit made of ham.

Conclution. As it is now Smolensk is not enjoyable and i hit Alt + F4 if the screen says Smolensk.

14 minutes ago, Franzi said:

Rifle - Getting dead all the time
Sniper - Falling asleep
MG - Uh thats somewhat fun but still you get dead all the time
RPG  then?   oh that is as much fun as sitting over a pit of rottweilers in a suit made of ham

Just use flanks and bipoded MG(assault rifles) with medium magnification scope and u can pretty much use them instead of sniper rifles on long ranges and be decent in CQC.

Thats exactly what ive been doing. MG5 Bipod, elcan scope and a sec reddot. But the core problem is still the same. 

Engagements over long distance, looking at snipers jumping from side to side ..   it is an insanely borring pattern.

It got to a point where I quit every server when I get into a smolensk game. It just boring. Snipers everywhere and everybody sitting somewhere far away from the objective doing nothing. Yes it's easy to win against those types of players by just playing the objective or flank them but still it is such a boring gameplay.

You kill 5 snipers, take a objective, run to the next one, get oneshot on the way and repeat. There are no firefights, no clutch moments as you exchange fire with someone. As I said you can adapt so you can kill them and win almost every game but it's just really boring gameplay...

Maybe it get's better with foliage and not just plain flat ground but I doubt it. I hope they roll out custom servers at some point so I can get a sniper limit onto my own. Some people have to be forced to play the objective...

3 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

Sniper are easy to kill. Most of them you can out gun at range with a AR.

Well @TZoningHard you are really good at this game from what I’ve seen but for some (specially me) who still play and like the game are pretty bad at this game.

the only way I get kills is not by out preforming players but by out smarting them so... I shoot snipers through trees.

I’ve played for 30 which isn't a lot and I’m still garbage and lose in a 1v1 but then again.. I’m a silver 2 on cs:go.

I actually like smolensk though in fact, it’s my favorite war zone map.

Edited by MOBBOB
Last bit

We'll really need to see what they do with bushes and things. That could potentially make this game a whole different flavour of combat which would be great, as long as it doesn't go back to camping I'm happy.