Sign in to follow this  
Manchild

Ammo Bug

I know the devs are aware of the ammo bug but I'm not sure why this isn't being fixed as high priority?  Starting a map with 19 rounds on UKM and Bullpup which I use mainly just plain sucks.  Any ideas when this will be fixed?  

The developers have been mostly away for the holiday season, we should expect a large wave of patches and new content shortly after the New Year starts.

Yea, it's annoying... The simple work around is to carry an ammo pack in your load out, then drop it once you spawn in and fill up (that's what I do).

People are already back at work. You can expect some fixing updates in upcoming days. I will bring this issue to the top of the list - if it's easy fix it will be patched right away.

16 hours ago, Ryuzaki said:

People are already back at work. You can expect some fixing updates in upcoming days. I will bring this issue to the top of the list - if it's easy fix it will be patched right away.

Yes make fix the ammo bug and make SMG's a bit stronger. 

Fixing bugs is a no-brainer, but making SMG stronger is not that simple - in our opinion SMGs are in okay position as they are atm. There may be some changes in the future but we cannot simply make something stronger or weaker without a strong reason. @-Bl1tzTurk- What you don't like about the current state of SMGs?

IMO SMGs are okay. They are fast and deadly in close combat. Most issue with them is ammo bug. SIG have only 30 round right now.

I know I’m kinda late but the mg5 gets like 80-120 ammo on respawn and I’ve even got 51 a couple of times can you fix it soon please?

becuase the mg5 is my main fun and that thing eats ammo up.

Edited by MOBBOB
Typo

The update will hit the servers probably next week. We hope it will fix all known major bugs, bare with us.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ryuzaki said:

The update will hit the servers probably next week

PTE or live? If PTE then it comes to live 2-3 weeks after PTE...

PTE will be this week, at least the first iteration of the patch. Good news is that ammo is much better, if not fixed (this needs further testing, but from our small scale tests it seems to work now).

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Ragir said:

PTE will be this week, at least the first iteration of the patch. Good news is that ammo is much better, if not fixed (this needs further testing, but from our small scale tests it seems to work now).

Just interesting, can u describe ammo problem on the engine side? Why does this happen?

2 hours ago, ೞoℓf✌ said:

Just interesting, can u describe ammo problem on the engine side? Why does this happen?

In broad terms it was happening because we use the same system for both handheld weapons and vehicle weapons to eliminate the need for writing everything twice. Unfortunately, this also means sometimes there are special cases that have to be taken into account and out GetMaxClipSize() method was returning wrong values for handheld weapons this time. 

Ammo is not considered fixed for good, because we have some refactoring to do, but the fixes that are now on the PTE should eliminate 95% of problems and we'll keep hunting for more.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ragir said:

In broad terms it was happening because we use the same system for both handheld weapons and vehicle weapons to eliminate the need for writing everything twice. Unfortunately, this also means sometimes there are special cases that have to be taken into account and out GetMaxClipSize() method was returning wrong values for handheld weapons this time. 

Ammo is not considered fixed for good, because we have some refactoring to do, but the fixes that are now on the PTE should eliminate 95% of problems and we'll keep hunting for more.

As a fellow software engineer i really appreciate these posts! 

• Like 1