Sign in to follow this  
VoodooGaming

The inconsistancy of 0.3

Is APS intended to fail and not provide protection against projectiles fired within a certain range? Don't get me wrong the guy firing the RPG did everything right and the clip somewhat demonstrates why you shouldn't park a vehicle on an objective without adequate infantry support, however as a vehicle driver; when you have APS equipped you expect it to serve its purpose and rely on it doing its job as described on the loadout screen.

Meanwhile @TENb fires 2 tandem RPG's, 1 into the rear of what looks like a standard MBT and gets nothing...

0.3 is a horrible patch all round and that's me being nice and diplomatic about it :/

• Thanks 1

I reported this issue right after 0.2 and it is still in.

The answers I got are...well frustrating. Like the whole game right now.

Edited by Hagen
link
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah the answer you got isn't very well explained, so basically if a RPG is fired within a certain range of the vehicle the APS will do sweet FA... The description of APS should at least explain this in the config screen.

Well I guess no one can complain that vehicles are too hard to destroy... even though they do. 1 freely available tandem RPG does the job, even if the vehicle has armor upgrades and APS.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VoodooGaming said:

Yeah the answer you got isn't very well explained, so basically if a RPG is fired within a certain range of the vehicle the APS will do sweet FA... The description of APS should at least explain this in the config screen.

Well I guess no one can complain that vehicles are too hard to destroy... even though they do. 1 freely available tandem RPG does the job, even if the vehicle has armor upgrades and APS.

Well the problem is that there MIGHT be minimal range but I doubt that there is. I think that the APS is simply bugged since it will still work twice in a row or not at all sometimes.

Edited by Hagen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If I remember correctly in pre 0.3 patches descriptions were available and there was "reaction range". It is ~20meters. So if grenade is launched within this distance APS wouldn't react. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tynblpb said:

If I remember correctly in pre 0.3 patches descriptions were available and there was "reaction range". It is ~20meters. So if grenade is launched within this distance APS wouldn't react. 

I don't think my client had any descriptions during the 0.2.2, I appreciate your comment though and get what you're saying. Seems bad tbh that a single RPG that can be freely and constantly resupplied quite quickly MIGHT destroy pretty much any vehicle SOMETIMES.