TheCalo

0.3 Sorry folks,not fun at all

First i hope everyone enjoyed a nice XMAS..

Today i decided to paly after 5 days,mainly to try the new VEPR,nice addition,the weight is wrong(should be 15 or somthing like that but is 22),is bug,been reported already,and well the game is simply broken right now.

My 4 hours today?6 crashes,i wansn't able to join a single match of warzone via quickjoin that was at the beginning,all of them at the end,always with not even 20 minutes left to play!i don't even try to select the map because i would end up alone for 15 minutes..

Now let's talk about the very very bad things:

Gunplay: 0.2 had is problems,but the gunplay was quite a blast and really fun.The new TTK,ar nerf and god awful hit detection destroyed everything,i mean what happened?why?what was so bad in 0.2 that made you change your mind?The gunplay is the core of an fps,but now is simply not working in my opinion.Take away all the bugs and glitch this is the worst thing it could happen with the update,a complete change in direction with the gunplay.To be honest,a revert to how it was in 0.2 with some minor adjustment to weapons it would be great.

Crash:game is crashing,quite often and for almost everyone..you are more then aware of it.

Smolenks:while i like the idea and concept behind the map,i played on it maybe 10 matches,it shouldn't be on the live servers,it's awful to play on it..terrible,plus people that just bought the game don't even now that is in alpha,and write in chat if there is a problem with the map!!!In other words,REMOVE IT form live servers,or like someone suggested add under quickjoin "prototype map",so people that don't want to play it have an option.

Map rotation:worked 1 times,never worked again,what could be worse?this is way this game need server browser and lobby system so badly!Make it happen ASAP!

Bugs and other stuff:the list is infinite,no need to dig into it again,i will just tell what's bother me more.Tank flying,the hole in Berlin B2,ammo lottery for weapons,tank APS broken,tank sounds(Abrams),enviroment sound,like the rain in Berlin is too loud,sound in general is still not the best(but improved from 0.2)..i can go on and on but yeah let's stop here. 

weapons:due to the nerf msbsk and g36 are utterly useless,due to their lower damage, because it takes so many bullet to kil someone all paired with the hitregistration.LMG are now way better then ar because they were not touched by the nerf,so get an lmg guys. Snipers are abused becasue of the potential OHK to the gut,and 90% of the time works like a charm.They should be a OHK only to the head,so it would actually require skill to use it.TOR should be used only while prone with bipod,this way as is a 50cal could have the potential of OHK to the body also,but not the other bolters.Pisotls are same useless as before,i only have it in my load out paired with ar to stay medium while having lvl3 helmet and ceramic armor.What to do with them?i have no clue.Any suggestion for this forgotten weapons?

Tanks and Lav:they are flying,pretty funny,but incredibly annoying.APS not working at all,is been reported multiple times by many palyers.They are not more difficult to destroy then before.The armor,like era and so on seems to serve no purpose beside been expensive estetic addition,because everytime you get hit with rpg or tank shell only the main health bar of the tank is drained and not the single part,lie chassis aromr and turret..at least is what happen to me all the time i get into my customised tank.What's the plan with this?got some new for us?

Final conculsion,we reached a new low with this update.

What i believe the community is expecting from you farm51?

Iron out and fix all this,i mean all of it,make the client stable and playable for everyone before even thinking of pushing another big update.You have a raw gem in your hand,make it shine!We all learn from our mistake and get better and i strongly believe in this game,but failure is not an option anymore.

Sorry for ranting a bit..i gotta tell you

Cheers and good night 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hi TheCalo,

I'd like to begin with that your post inspired me to create this account and reply in here.

You are absolutely correct. When I saw that 0.3 was out of the oven, I was very excited to try the new stuff but was only greeted with CTD's during customization, after loading into a map and during epic plays. Even today, after a more than a week of not playing I wanted to pew pew some with the LEO and fought against an Abrams on the new map. I had a fun fighting him but the frontal armor was too thick on both sides, thus I decided to be smart and go around the map in order to shoot him from behind. The plan worked and I got the upper hand, until for some reason I got disconnected from the match. No issues with the internet connection as I easily joined another match.

I was pissed because of this but hey what ever! So, the next match - free stock T72! Nice! (no sarcasm, I like the stock variants due to their speed & maneuverability) Oh no! Two enemy tanks I gotta keep the frontal armor pointed at them and traverse backwards. What? Why I can't move? What the? Who put a freakin van there? Moreover why the tank can't squash it like the rest of the cars? What? Who put a steel wall there? Who is the map designer? He ought to get fired for such BS map design! I understand that the infantry needs more cover from tanks but Dang it! Why make it hard to maneuver for the tankers?!

Even the game earlier I got killed in the AFV due to the wheels getting stuck on something - NOT FUN! Ok, I got another tank after the T72 and while repairing it, for some reason the vehicle fell through the ground. Oh, COME ON!

Also on the new map people can see right through the buildings from a certain distance. How was that map ready for live? I understand to have bugs in it here and there but darn, its just a bug fest at this point. Also, trees don't protect from bullets...

The gun play - I don't see such a drastic issue with it so eh. I just adapt to it and continue to pew pew. However, they, the developers, said that the look-at-someone-and-kill-instantly bug was fixed but I still experience it in the 0.3 patch. Some people just look at me and there is no time to react. Nada. Instant death. As if I stepped on a landmine or something. So...

Can we just revert to 0.1? The game in that state was so fun to play, reaching the levels of fun, when playing in friendly and talkative squads in Project Reality mod. Patch 0.2 for me was a step back on the fun factor and now 0.3 is just I don't want to touch the game. I hope 0.4 will address many of the issues and I hope that once it gets out of Alpha, it will be great.

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Edited by sivkon
  • Like 2

Ive been testing G36 extensively,  also tested the msbsk.

I haven't used the G36 much before but I'm not seeing this line of though of it being a bad gun. Neither is the MSBSK. There are some inconsistency with hitreg but I'm not ahving them the majority of the time.

G36 is a beast at long range and pretty good at medium its hipfire spread makes it hard to hit moving targets pointblank. I used juno grip for spread control and then a longbarrel which the long barrel could of made the gun weaker up close.

The MSBSK works pretty well at medium and pretty good at distance  and is ok up close with a decent hipfire.

7.62 got a slight nerf as well and we dont know what the penetration is for ARs now as well. I would say the AK-15 which people are saying is the best weapon this patch isn't all that better then the 5.56s weapons.

We dont have a solid look at the new TTK since the hitreg is messed up.

Been crashing a lot the past 3 days but haven't crashed much before that.

Lots of reason that the old TTK wasn't great and how 0.0 was better then then 0.2.

Maps are too cluttered except Smolensk and was done because of whining about bolters. Should get cleaned up and have different cover.

https://imgur.com/a/e3iKkLO

some of the Berlin assets arent rendering well like the quad stack on A2 which looks a lot better.

• Like 1

Here I am just enjoying the game, have found a few bugs, most of them quite funny, some are annoying but nothing that stops me from playing.

Returning and new players freaking out tho.

The new ammo bug is getting heat because some people think they never fixed the old one.

I'm enjoying the game but PR is important.

Getting a lot of new traffic you can see from the wtf is this map or i fall though the ground on B2.

The best thing that could happen now is the developers saying we stop the roadmap and delay for as long as necessary to fix what we got. Early Access meant to be building a game, but when everybody is crashing then obviously they can't test and changes get made that were never necessary nor wanted, without tackeling the real problems makes me loose my faith. 

As for smolensk very often you read this here the past few days. I personally don't mind the missing textures to much, what kind of bothers me is the paper walls and they have been there in PTE already (and that was definitely known). 

23 hours ago, TheCalo said:

Gunplay: 0.2 had is problems,but the gunplay was quite a blast and really fun.The new TTK,ar nerf and god awful hit detection destroyed everything,i mean what happened?why?what was so bad in 0.2 that made you change your mind?The gunplay is the core of an fps,but now is simply not working in my opinion.Take away all the bugs and glitch this is the worst thing it could happen with the update,a complete change in direction with the gunplay.To be honest,a revert to how it was in 0.2 with some minor adjustment to weapons it would be great.

true-story.jpg.374a51f58687c0ddc513f610ea99aaff.jpg

2 hours ago, VoodooGaming said:

0.3 in a nutshell...

problem with calling vehicle happens when you change team...

its fun...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lipo said:

problem with calling vehicle happens when you change team... 

It was the first time I'd switched team but I thought it might be... I just couldn't resist 4000BP for switching to the team that was about to take the lead, karma I guess... and a bug obviously.

thanks everyone for your reply,i truly love how dedicated is the community to help improving the game!

In the meantime i wish to all of you a happy new year!!See ya soon in the battlefiled for more fun with WW3! 

• Like 1

100% with you this post, actually stopping playing it at the moment till the hitreg and crash issues are fixed. 0.3 has been a disaster of an update especially for the people that enjoy TDM. Berlin seems especially broken for hitreg and the assault rifle gunplay just now feels a bit meh. 

As always I'm sure the Devs will address these issues but it should of been sooner than this. I've always loved the game but this patch is actually making me not want to play it 

• Like 2