Sign in to follow this  
Forgotmyoldaccount

I dont like leaning

Not just in this game but overall. It provides too much of an advantage with very little disadvantage. And it takes up two valuable inputs on the keyboard. The best lean system was ironically in bf4 where it was integrated in the ADS system and enough of the head poked out where it was enough of a trade off.

Posted (edited)

Then you've bought the wrong game buddy. This is World War 3, not Battlefield or Call of Duty. The mil-sim feels a little stronger than the arcade feel (ratio feels like 7:3 - ish from mil-sim : arcade shooter).

Edited by ranmoru456

BF ADS lean was pretty bad and design for console play since they couldn't lean with the controller.

Bind lean with the mouse 4&5.

Its not all that use full as a slow or camping type of peak usually gets you killed against good players who can aim well enough. There some situations it come in handy but it lost its charm for me and its better to just run out past the wall where the enemy would be aiming waiting for you to peak. You make them jerk their aim all around chasing you on their screen instead of peaking your head in one of two spots on that cover per side.

Then don't play the game, peaking around covers is good for defending objectives, overall for playing tactically. Without it, it's just shoot who comes into sight first. Which is basically BF, run and shoot, that's it. Whereas in WW3 you have to be careful for someone hiding around the corner, I think that adds to the gameplay. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Artaxiad300062 said:

Then don't play the game, peaking around covers is good for defending objectives, overall for playing tactically. Without it, it's just shoot who comes into sight first. Which is basically BF, run and shoot, that's it. Whereas in WW3 you have to be careful for someone hiding around the corner, I think that adds to the gameplay. 

If you want me to stop playing,  I can send you my paypal and you can personally return to me the 23$ I spent.

Edited by Forgotmyoldaccount
  • Angry 1

8 minutes ago, Forgotmyoldaccount said:

If you want me to stop playing,  I can send you my paypal and you can personally return to me the 23$ I spent.

Well, if you dislike the game that much, why don't you make a post and ask the devs for a refund yourself, instead complaining about a vital game mechanic. Alls well and back to cod. 

@Artaxiad300062 @Forgotmyoldaccount Whoa there, take a chill pill guys. Look, this game is a toned-down mil-sim so that it's easier for players new to the genre to get into (doesn't somewhat sit well with the hardcore mil-sim players, I know). It's supposed to cater to gamers who are tired with the direction battlefield is going (i think), but not needing as much skill to understand the gunplay as battlefield to cater COD players. So, if you're unhappy with this game, then it's just like @Artaxiad300062 suggest; send a support ticket to F51 and get a refund. No need to kick up a fuss over whether this game is good or bad.

• Like 1

@Artaxiad300062 The devs deserve every last penny. If you dont like certain people playing 'your game' then you should have no problem reimbursing them out of your own pocket.

@ranmoru456

I hate what modern FPS games as a whole have become. I hate how casualized most modern FPS games currently are. Especially the Battlefield series it has been slowly dying since bad company 1. Every new release, it gets closer and closer to becoming just another Call of Duty with vehicles. Call of Duty itself hasn't been good as a PC multiplayer game since the original Modern Warfare.  World at War was meh. Modern Warfare 2 was when they killed dedicated servers and the MP experience. Black Ops 1 was the last good singleplayer cod game I enjoyed. Everything after that has been such garbage.

And on the flipside, I hate milsims and the milsim community because they want to turn every single game in the FPS genre, into another Operation Flashpoint clone. Which admittedly was a good game, but there are not enough hardcore milsim players to support more than a handful of hardcore milsim titles. Some people have taken to referring to the milsim community as; MISLIMS or MISLUMS, as a joke on their ferver and digital jihad of sorts to turn every game into another hardcore milsim. No offense intended.

Most games are now either too casual or too hardcore. I want the 'Core' experience again. I want something perfectly balanced in between the two extremes. I think the best online experience that I ever had that came close to this ideal, was the short lived Battlefield 2 mod known as Project Reality .5, before the devs went off the deep end. Yes I know Project Reality still exists but it's not the same as it was 12 years ago. Modern PR is nothing more than another milsim mess. At times it feels more of a tedious chore, than a game. But ironically it's still the best milsim experience out there. Because it is still somewhat fun. PR's successor; aka Squad is just plain ol' boring and way more tedious.

Please dont misunderstand. I do like tactical shooters, I really do. I just hate the slow pace and sluggishness of most tactical games.

In all honesty this game is not that tactical. More then some other game's but not really that far away from them on the scale of tacticalness.

Gunplay is meant for PC and is very nice unlike consolized Mechanics form COD and BF. I would say this game is Core in the old ways which is the main reason you can out play players who think they are tactically playing.

People try to puff out their chest and say this is a tactical play the objective game but not much more then BF. Leaning is cool and nice but it doesn't make the game just another tool that gets used occasionally. You dont have to be careful with corners as they are at least a free .2 of seeing the other player before they see you just as in every other game. The best thing is that the game is more skill based and not as casual as BF is now but its is still run around game which is good.

Different types tactics ranging from Halo fraging then headshoting with a BR, to drop shotting on some games liek COD, to insurgency corner camping are a tactics. Tactical doesn't mean slow or realism and games that say they are tactical are a bit closer to a strategy game then actual tactical game.

The lean in this game is a nice thing to have but from what I see corner camping is a losing tactic. Some person trying to camp is gonna get trashed by a more skilled player using more aggressive tactics. This game is pretty fast paced right now and that just means you have to be faster in your reactions and use of tactics.

We honestly dont have any Hardcore games any more. Some milsim'er like to bolster them selves up as begin the hardcore game but in all actuality it isn't. Most milsims try to be very accessible to players of all skill levels. So they make the game slow and the gunplay skill

Squad was ruined by the LARPers as they pushed for less mechanical skill involved in the outcome of fights trying to push a story over gameplay. It was a PR game but now its no where close to a PR game.

By tactical shooters I meant games where you have to think and outsmart your enemy. I.E. Not run and gun like cod or modern battlefield. 

I agree true milsim games are few and far inbetween, but many games advertise themselves as such, because they dont display ammo, health, crosshair and other UI elements. Basically they're all just trying to be cod hardcore mode the game.

Honestly I wish someone would remake operation flashpoint so all the mislims would have their promised game and leave the rest of us alone.

5 hours ago, Forgotmyoldaccount said:

The devs deserve every last penny. If you dont like certain people playing 'your game' then you should have no problem reimbursing them out of your own pocket.

I agree the devs deserve every penny, but if you don't like a core mechanic of a game, you are not going to get the devs to remove it, especially when most players see it as a plus. I am not telling you to leave the game, cuz is muh game, you are not being rational, what I am saying is that, if you really do dislike the game, instead of making a post which complains about something most players like, you can make a post to get attention from the devs and potentially get your refund. 

23 hours ago, Forgotmyoldaccount said:

And it takes up two valuable inputs on the keyboard.

just reassign the keys and don't use the lean anymore?

3 hours ago, RUS13 said:

just reassign the keys and don't use the lean anymore?

when people get to lazy.... "hey i need dev to redo keybinds for me"

I understand the "I dont want to use it but i have to since everyone else will have that advantage" along with the "it hurts the game overall and I dont want it in the game not just not to use it" rhetoric but dont agree with leaning being bad or needs to go away.

Some people here have bad rhetoric like if you dont like it dont use it when the issue is that other players will continue to use it and it will continue to affect the game.

Do bullets still originate from the camera rather than the gun barrel? That's my one issue with leaning, you can see the enemy while barely showing a couple of pixels, which coupled with the pretty grey color scheme makes you close to invisible at times. If you had to actually lean far enough for your gun barrel to poke out you'd be much more exposed.

3 hours ago, Cral said:

Do bullets still originate from the camera rather than the gun barrel? That's my one issue with leaning, you can see the enemy while barely showing a couple of pixels, which coupled with the pretty grey color scheme makes you close to invisible at times. If you had to actually lean far enough for your gun barrel to poke out you'd be much more exposed.

Yeah its view point originated, and hitscam up to like 7m. Was a question I asked back on the AMA.

They are still open to changing this later on but it would be too much work right now. I really wish they did change it as head glitching is prevalent.